Could You Date A Transexual?

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Medically speaking, a MTF transsexual is not male.
Chromosomes, sorry.

Zachary Amaranth said:
how fortunate that one does not need a fetish to follow through.
Not really true. Pheromones make it such that you can generally tell at a base level what chromosomes someone has, and this will color their sexual attractiveness to you on a subconscious level accordingly. You may not agree with the use of the term "fetish" to describe someone who does not detect or interpret pheromones the way most people do, but it's sounds appropriate to me. Unless there are transgender surgeries that I'm not aware of that include pheromone-producing organs, it is absolutely the case that to find a transgendered person attractive for a heterosexual is an abnormality, or at least an oddity, or an unlikely occurrence.

Now, you might be able to will yourself to ignore your subconsciousness I guess, and assuming that the transgendered person is otherwise convincing in most or all other ways, you might end up subconsciously ignoring the pheromone cues anyways. But once you find out that they are in fact transgendered you'll probably find that your sex drive diminishes and that they feel more like a close friend or family member than a partner if there was anything between you before.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
DjinnFor said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Medically speaking, a MTF transsexual is not male.
Chromosomes, sorry.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.400100-Could-You-Date-A-Transexual?page=8#16437200

If you think "chromosomes" is a valid response to that you have no right to mention medicine
Zachary Amaranth said:
how fortunate that one does not need a fetish to follow through.
Now, you might be able to will yourself to ignore your subconsciousness I guess, and assuming that the transgendered person is otherwise convincing in most or all other ways, you might end up subconsciously ignoring the pheromone cues anyways. But once you find out that they are in fact transgendered you'll probably find that your sex drive diminishes and that they feel more like a close friend or family membe than a partner if there was anything between you before.
Amateur doctor turning into an amateur psychologist? They grow up so fast. Or maybe you're still just an amateur doctor.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
I guess for me, it'd depend on the craftmanship of the surgeon who turned him into a her.

If I could snag a tranny that was as finely sculpted as Poison, then I probably wouldn't care. I'll go for it.

But, I don't think we've come that far yet.
Most trannies are so obviously trannies that it would just put me off.

positiveParadox

Sep 1, 2012
http://www.khaoskomix.com/
I highly recommend reading all of the stories. For stories about trans, read Charlie and Tom, m to f and f to m, respectively.
It depends on the person. If I liked him, then yes. If I found him physically and platonically attractive, then yes.
Also, "I like men. In a GAY way."

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
omicron1 said:
to wit, all opinions that are not categorically false are, from a human (IE not-omniscient) point of view, equal.
But there, you're already lending false validity to his opinion. There is no "medical" definition of a woman that suits his criteria. Therefore, his statement is false by your own criteria, yet you argue otherwise.
There is most certainly a medical definition of a woman that suits his criteria. Put simply, either "One with XX chromosomes" or "One with a uterus" will work. Obviously there are exceptions, but it stands to reason that he would be equally unhappy with any such exception.

Now what I can't help but notice is that you're a bit dismissive towards anyone who believes that trans*people are not members of their target gender. Which is fine as an opinion. But to dismiss others' viewpoints out of hand because you do not agree with them, especially if said dismissal comes with an assertion that their opinions are of less value than their own, does not work. You do not open the table to discussion, or even polite disagreement, by denigrating your opponent. You merely destroy any hope there may have been of amicable coexistence through such intolerance.

To shorten things: Disagree as vehemently as you will, but in conversation remember that you are on an even playing field, and no one has the right of it. Not him, and not you. Both viewpoints are equally valid until proven otherwise.

auron200004

Oct 12, 2010
I would say no, but I'm not guaranteed either way, considering I haven't...actually...met a person that I know is a transsexual in person, and I never know if I'll fall for somebody of that orientation. As it stands, I'm straight and attracted to females who identify as females. But, like I said, who knows what the future holds. Now, if I were to be attracted to a transsexual, they would have to be Post-op simply because I am not physically attracted to penises.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
That is a very good question.

I honestly don't think I could get over my own biases over sexuality.

I am not sure though, I am still a virgin and haven't actually dated anyone before. :(

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Nah, as far as I'm concerned males are males and females are females. I'm old fashioned like that.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
Not a snowflake's chance in hell. Any sort of extreme body modification causes my penis to wilt like a bouquet of flowers stuck in a pizza oven. Not that they're missing out on much. :p

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Nope, I couldn't. Total respect for Transsexuals and all the challenges they face. If you can have a relationship with someone like that, that's damn respectable. Attacking a Trans person for the way they are is absolutely unacceptable. But...I just could not...just generally BE in that area knowing that there was a penis there once. It does not compute. I wish I was different in that regards. But I'm not, and I will not be. Ill be friends and spend time and do the whole friendship thing till the cows come home, but "Was once a male" renders someone "persona non nookie" in my head.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Yes, but slapping "science" on something that's not scientific isn't. And that's why we're here right now.
No its not, we are just saying that if a person is born male with xy chromosomes and they get surgery to look like a women, it doesn't change their chromosomes.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Look, we've got actual biologists on here who have spoken to this exact concept in prior threads and hopefully have or will speak to it in this thread better than I possibly can. I will instead reiterate that these claims of medical intents are bogus. Please don't defend things unless you know what you're talking about.
Do you have any credible medical sources to back up your claim towards the notion that chromosomes don't play a role in determining if a person is male or female, because just saying "I know a "professional" who disagrees with you, take my word for it" is not a very convincing stance.

mike1921 said:
Who you are is phenotype, not genotype. Unless you jack off to karyotypes of the women you love and nitpick at them for recessive alleles they have but don't actually effect them your "THEY HAVE XY CHROMOSOMES" is rather irrelevant.
Not at all, Chromosomes are part of the overall person and if a guy with xy chromosomes gets surgery to look like a women, that is completely relevant as to whether I want to date them.

Cry Wolf said:
Yes I realize that it sounds kind of funny, I was trying to describe various ethnic group indigenous to Sub-Sahara Africa as best I could. Hope this clears things up.

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
mike1921 said:
If you think "chromosomes" is a valid response to that you have no right to mention medicine
If you don't understand what Chromosomes have to do with the topic then there's really nothing that I can say other than to do some research on how Chromosomes impact the formation of sexual organs and other factors that influence your sexual orientation.

mike1921 said:
Amateur doctor turning into an amateur psychologist? They grow up so fast. Or maybe you're still just an amateur doctor.
I really don't know what to say to this other than to ask how secure you are with your sexuality. Because this hostile, pointless, meaningless response leads me to believe that you were very, very hurt by something I said.

It doesn't take an amateur psychologist or doctor to understand that while chemical production can impact brain activity, it doesn't control brain activity... and in fact, the reverse is true. Any feeling can be ignored and repressed, and subconscious brain process's can be overridden by your conscious mind.

Want proof? Try it yourself: pretend you're having a vicious, angry argument with me and mentally envision the exact words you would say to me as well as what you think I might respond with. If you've got a good enough imagination you'll be surprised at how pissed off you can make yourself at something imaginary. And with enough skill or practice you can do so without having to imagine an event that might normally piss you off, and you can even manufacture other emotions and feelings.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
DjinnFor said:
You may not agree with the use of the term "fetish" to describe someone who does not detect or interpret pheromones the way most people do, but it's sounds appropriate to me.
I think what you're looking for is differing sexual preference. "Fetish" implies the sexualization of an object or practice that would not normally be considered sexual in nature. So you can have a shoe fetish, or a leather fetish, or spanking fetish, but you can't really have a "man fetish".

DjinnFor

Nov 20, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
I think what you're looking for is differing sexual preference. "Fetish" implies the sexualization of an object or practice that would not normally be considered sexual in nature. So you can have a shoe fetish, or a leather fetish, or spanking fetish, but you can't really have a "man fetish".
I tend to use the word fetish more broadly, but that's fair.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
DjinnFor said:
Chromosomes, sorry

How odd; I've always tended to see the identity and the penis/vagine as a smidge more important. Can't say the last time I even noticed somebody's chromosome count and checked to make sure it corresponds.

I'm sorry to be picky and blunt, but the trivialisation of transgenderism is something the tabloids delight in, and the first step they tend to use is reducing it to something purely sexual.

As for myself, I'm really not sure. I can imagine myself falling for someone FtM or MtF... but I'm not certain.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I have zero interest in having children, and I'm mostly a loner who doesn't really give much of a shit about what society thinks of how I choose to live my life... so assuming I were still single, yeah, I suppose I could. Personality, or the cliched "what's on the inside," is the single most important factor for me in finding someone for a relationship.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
For me, personally, any attempt at a relationship must have reproductive viability. I don't have anything against DINC relationships or gay marriage, if they want it, they can have it, but that's the standard I set for myself.

I just can't see myself going through with it, but I really wouldn't date people who don't want children or aren't capable of it for medical reasons either.