Could You Date A Transexual?

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
Have previously dated a MtF (I didn't know initially, due to Southeast Asians being a bit more androgynous than most and judicious use of lube on her behalf, but continued dating for 6 months after I found out) as I mentioned on a different thread. It ended due to trust issues: she lied unneccessarily about a lot of things and tried 9-year-old-level emotional blackmail techniques.
Don't know if I would go out and date another transwoman TBH: a lot I've met are a bit messed up, plus I'm too much of a fan of the real thing to get a bad substitute, and I might want kids in the next 5 years. Still an LGBT rights champion, I just prefer my women cisgendered, thanks.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Beautiful Tragedy said:
*Pats her whip in he hand* Good boy. ;)
I get the feeling we are turning the thread into a 50 shades fanfic.

Although I won't complain, plus we seem to be the only people that haven't argued with anyone yet. We does good.

Although that might change if the person i'm about to quote isn't friendly and reaches through her monitor to punch me.

NightowlM said:
I'm calling bullshit on your having ever been friends with any trans people. There's no way any self-respecting trans person would deal with your obnoxious, defensive bullshit. You're pissed because trans people call you out on your bullshit "respect." So you make up a bunch of trans friends and then give some lame excuse about them no longer wanting your friendship because one of them wanted to be in a relationship. Either you're mad because a lot of trans people have enough respect for themselves to not want to be friends with someone that doesn't respect them at all. Or you just made them up so that you could tout your opinion as if it added any validity to it.
Calm down lass.

This is a touchy subject for a lot of people and some folk have strong feelings about it.

Whether that's right or wrong is a large debate that goes downhill fast. Best bet is to not let it get to you, especially here where people voice those strong opinions a lot.

Some people are far more accepting than others in regards to this subject.

If you get annoyed and want to argue then i'm usually around, I love me some friendly banter. Much like I have with my friend just above your quote although she's now taken to wanting to lock me in a cage and beat me.

She used to be nice, now she's evil .... evil I tells thee.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Hey do MtF transsexuals experience periods? Honestly that's what I'm most curious about.
Not that it matters tbh (though if they don't I am seriously jealous).

Also, are transsexuals essentially infertile?

Sorry if I'm being offensive to anyone btw. I've found these are better questions asked online than in person

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Cheery Lunatic said:
Hey do MtF transsexuals experience periods.

Honestly that's what I'm most curious about.

No, they don't. So far science hasn't allowed for the gender reassignment surgery to include the implementation of functional ovaries (or uteri), so they cannot have periods. They can still be affected by their hormones, though I am loath to mention that, as the popular conception of "affected by hormones" is closer to "mind controlled" than "normal but slightly off".

SweetxVicious

Aug 2, 2010
I've never really considered the possibility of this in my own life, but I believe that, faced with the possibility, I could definitely see myself dating a FtM transexual. Hell, for that matter, I could see myself dating a MtF transexual as well. And my opinion has nothing to do with my being bisexual, as being attracted to both men and women is not (in my opinion) comparable to being open to dating a FtM or MtF transexual. Just because you like both genders doesn't mean you'd be okay with being in a relationship with someone who has undergone surgery to change their gender.

However, I won't lie, it would feel a little awkward to me if I decided to be intimate with someone who hadn't completely finished their sex change - for instance, if someone who had undergone the beginnings of a FtM sex change operation, but still had lady parts - but I don't think I'd be completely against attempting an intimate relationship with such a person, if I had genuine feelings for them.

Also, as a curiousity question: is it just me, or does it seem like most females are more willing to be, or more open to being with, a transexual (read: FtM) than men are willing to be/more open to being with one (read: MtF)? Just an observation I've made in reading this thread and in hearing discussions about it in the "real world," and wanted to get other opinions if possible.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Cheery Lunatic said:
Hey do MtF transsexuals experience periods.

Honestly that's what I'm most curious about.

Not at the moment. Ovarian implants have not been deemed safe yet due to organ rejection (The first, and last known case was in the 1930s/40s with a German transwoman. She died on the operating table minutes after the surgery.) With Stem-cell research that will be possible, however.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
afroebob said:

This is a picture of Kim Petras, a 20 year old girl from Germany. Also, shes also a transsexual. Also, I would tear that shit up any day of the fucking week. Seriously, just ask and I'll buy a fucking plane ticket to Germany just to tap that, I couldn't give anything resembling the essence of a fuck about what body you were born in.
This whole topic makes me uncomfortable and to be honest im confused as to my opinion on it.

Because youre right. She is attractive. Super attractive. I cant deny that when i look at her i see a female. My brain says female and my respect for trans peoples rights says female and my gut says female. It all says female. I mean fuck i know id have sex with a hot alien woman. Thats technically freaking bestiality. Why is this "Worse" in the back of my mind?

And yet part of me feels uncomfortable with the idea. Ive dated girls that, in the past, have been people i wouldnt be attracted to but are now. Is this that different? Is it wrong to still feel weird about it? I cant think of any rational logical or sound reason to be against it that doesnt sound bigoted. And im not. I dont want to be. I wouldnt treat a trans person ANY different except when it came to sex and relationships. For some reason that makes me feel like a dick. Its cognitive dissonance and i dont like it. I cant think of any non flimsy reason why i should care. It all comes back to "It feels gay" or "Kids" and i dont honestly believe either of those reasons are good. I dont give a fuck about kids or "seeming" gay because those things dont matter to me. I dunno. I need to think about it.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I'd like to say I'd be open to it but alas no. It's not something I would be comfortable with, not even just to experiment.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
*Pats her whip in he hand* Good boy. ;)
I get the feeling we are turning the thread into a 50 shades fanfic.

Although I won't complain, plus we seem to be the only people that haven't argued with anyone yet. We does good.

Some people are far more accepting than others in regards to this subject.

If you get annoyed and want to argue then i'm usually around, I love me some friendly banter. Much like I have with my friend just above your quote although she's now taken to wanting to lock me in a cage and beat me.

She used to be nice, now she's evil .... evil I tells thee.

Did I tell you you could talk?! Get back in your cage LMAO ;P

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Notice the laugh at the end people ... she's sadistic...

People think I make all this up but these whip marks didn't get on my arse by themselves....

Ello by the way flower :)

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Cheery Lunatic said:
Hey do MtF transsexuals experience periods? Honestly that's what I'm most curious about.

Also, are transsexuals essentially infertile?
I would say I have symptoms of PMS...mood swings and such, but not, not proper periods.

As for a MtF after a period of time on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) we become sterile (no more swimmers).

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
Beautiful Tragedy said:
Notice the laugh at the end people ... she's sadistic...

People think I make all this up but these whip marks didn't get on my arse by themselves....

Ello by the way flower :)

hehe

Hey sweetie!

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Could I? Yeah, easily. Would I? Probably not. Also I refuse to read anything but the title of the tread!

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Dijkstra said:
Abomination said:
That sword cuts both ways in this discussion.
It doesn't because there is only one truth about how the situation is. It only cuts one side, even if you don't know which.

The 'true sex' of a transsexual is such a grey area because at what point do they transition from male to female?
It is not a grey area merely because you do not know an answer to that question.
No, it's a grey area because NOBODY knows the answer to that question. Their GENDER has been defined but what makes a person's sex? It differes according to whom you are asking. To some a transsexual might still be the sex they have had the surgery to become. To others they will always be the sex they were born as.

Both are correct because nobody can insist on what an individuals sexuality should be.

The moment the individual decides they're female?
You're not helping your case in regards to trying to act as if things are unknown. Their sex does not change at that. Further the way you put it, as if it is merely a decision that they can change? Not helping your case.
Considering how the topic is about pursuing sexual relations with trans then the sex of the trans in question is pretty damn important to people.

What if they haven't had any surgery (yet) and they've got a penis? After surgery? How much surgery? After hormonal treatment? How much hormonal treatment? The moment they "pass" for their new sex in the face of the average individual? Surely you can see how, to an observer, someone's gender does not define that individual's sex when signs point to otherwise.
No one said their gender defined it. Your own lack of knowledge does not mean that all views are valid. And don't run from your original claim with this other nonsense.
If their gender doesn't define their sex then why should a trans care what other people perceive their sex to be?

To me "I was born a man" translates to "I am a man who believes he is a female and has undergone extensive surgery and hormonal treatment to pass as a female".
You're claiming that in the end they are male. They are not. Observers can be wrong.
Sexually, according to me, they are male.

Sex is determined at conception, gender never has a point when it is defined. Some believe you can change a person's sex, some don't.

deadpoolhulk

Dec 22, 2010
nothing against transexuals. but for the same reason i am unwilling to date the elderly, those of the same gender, those way younger then me and several other catagries, it simply isn't what i am attracted to.

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
Dijkstra said:
The 'true sex' of a transsexual is such a grey area because at what point do they transition from male to female?
It is not a grey area merely because you do not know an answer to that question.
You're right, not knowing something does not make it a grey area. You know what does? The fact that there isn't a general consensus on the issue. Hell, many believe that they are always male regardless of any change or belief. Don't be so aggressive.

Ren_Li

Mar 7, 2012
jovack22 said:
Ren_Li said:
For all those idiots who are going "if you're born with [genitalia] then you will always be [gender] in my eyes"- there is a PHYSICAL DIFFERENCE between the male brain and the female brain. And the brains of transpeople more closely resembles the brain of the gender they identify as.
So you're basically saying that, to you, the brain of ANY PERSON is less important to you than the genitalia of ANY PERSON. Because that's what you judge them on. So I hope you've got the sort of penis (or vagina) that magically appeals to everyone, because you're saying that's what matters, right?
I understand the hardships you may have faced, but if you want to get scientific -- by looking at biological evidence... it lies within your DNA... simple as that.

XX female / XY male

To chastise people for being turned off at a sex change (a strictly 'cosmetic' procedure...) would be to chastise someone for being a human being.

It is hard wired into our brains to want to reproduce... it is the very most basic important characteristic of living next to being able to sustain yourself within your environment.

I strongly disagree with people who would act violently or put you down or bully etc upon learning of your situation, but you have to understand that people being turned off by it as a natural response.
The section you quoted had NOTHING to do with being turned off, and came just before I said that not being attracted to ANY group of people is an okay thing, as long as you act like a decent human being about it. My point was about the reaction of people, not to transsexuals in a dating scenario, but transsexuals IN GENERAL.

Bringing up chromosomes in not a valid argument, because it is not as simple as XX female/XY male. What about people with unusual chromosome groupings? (Please note the word "groupings", because some people have three sets of chromosomes.)
Let's face it. You don't judge someone you're going to date on their CHROMOSOMES. On their gender, probably; on their ability to reproduce, perhaps. On their history, very likely. But what do you REALLY know about the chromosomes of the people around you? Or yourself? How often is that checked?
You don't want to date transsexuals, fine. But saying that you're turned off by their chromosomes baffles me.

Finally, if you want to date someone who you can reproduce with, that's also fine. That's something which is important to you in a relationship. But a lot of people don't view that as an important thing. Even some who DO view it as important, don't view it as a deal breaker. You make it sound as if all people will only ever be happy if they can reproduce with their partners, which cuts out all gay people, all bisexual people who end up with a same-sex partner, all infertile/sterile people, all people with hereditary diseases they won't risk passing on, all women who can't carry a child... That's a lot of people who CANNOT have children, either with their partner or at all. Transsexual people are not a large percentage of that, so making it sound as if passing on your genes is "the very most basic important characteristic of living" is kind of... Well, dickish, really. To ALL of those groups (and any I forgot.)
(Just as an aside, even if I weren't trans, I would be VERY hesitant to have children, because I don't want to pass on my family's spotty medical history. Plus there's enough unwanted kids in the world, I'm happy giving at least one of them a home.)