Cuties - WTF am I seeing here?

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Or...it's not representative of the film?

Look, the original poster doesn't offend me, but the French poster does seem to do a better job of representing the tone of the film itself, or at least the tone as it's portrayed in the trailer.

Like, I dunno, if I want a poster for a Batman movie, I'm going to have Bruce Wayne in his batsuit rather than a dinner jacket for a Wayne Manor fundraiser, even if that's part of the plot.
All you have to do is look at the comments made about the girls online to see they were massively" shamed" by Muslims, Christians and creepy old dudes online. The girls fighting against their own families to join a hip hop group to be able to escape the issues in the rest of their life is a pretty big part of the plot.. Not just a fundraiser.. The hiphop group would be " their batman" stress release.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Eh, I don't think anyone has been targeting the girls themselves (Do they have Twitter accounts?) If there's anyone you should feel bad for it's the director of the film, I would think they'd get hate mail sent to them long before anyone thought of sending any to the girls.
Look at the comments on youtube and other social media.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I was just looking it up and found Mapouka and looked at images and.... uh... glad no one at work was looking.

This isn't a "Oh man this smells good" thread, it's a "Oh my god, that smells awful. HEY JOE! COME SMELL THIS!" thread.
If this movie was an actual physical living Thing I'd drag it out to the snow, torch it with a flamethrower and then feel perfectly happy to sit down and die from the cold knowing neither of us will make it back to civilization.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
There is definitely a movement to sexualize kids. Sex education at ever earlier ages.
While kids are being sexualised, sex education (unless it's done really badly) isn't at all the problem. You really need kids to know about sex at an early age because a lot of them will be doing it at an early age whether you want them to or not, and they'd better know about STDs and pregnancies first.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
While kids are being sexualised, sex education (unless it's done really badly) isn't at all the problem. You really need kids to know about sex at an early age because a lot of them will be doing it at an early age whether you want them to or not, and they'd better know about STDs and pregnancies first.
I distinctly remember my sex education started in Year 6 (1998) so I was 11-12. I don’t recall it ever starting earlier for either of my brothers.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I distinctly remember my second education started in Year 6 (1998) so I was 11-12. I don’t recall it ever starting earlier for either of my brothers.
I was 10. We had Harold the Giraffe come out and tell us about it. (Maybe it’s a QLD thing.) Harold still gets around today but talks about a variety of health topics

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I was 10. We had Harold the Giraffe come out and tell us about it. (Maybe it’s a QLD thing.) Harold still gets around today but talks about a variety of health topics
We had I think a paediatrician come in and talk to us. And we watched one of those just, amazingly awful educational cartoons. But yeah, you got Puberty 101 in Year 6, and in Year 8 they really threw down with stuff like safe sex, sexual health and well being.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
We had I think a paediatrician come in and talk to us. And we watched one of those just, amazingly awful educational cartoons. But yeah, you got Puberty 101 in Year 6, and in Year 8 they really threw down with stuff like safe sex, sexual health and well being.
I think in 5th grade we had Mickey Mouse teach us about penises.

It wasn't great, and I'm not eager to try to Google Mickey Mouse Sex Ed to confirm my memory.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I had Healthy Harold in primary school, yeah (dunno if he did sex ed or just no smoking and feel good about yourself), remember some sex-ed thing bout the same time, but that was a voluntary after school thing my family went to.