Define Your Game In One Quote

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Dammit, the OP stole my idea. The Andrew Ryan speech is the PERFECT way to sum up Bioshock.

But this works too: "What is the difference between a man and a slave? Money? Power? No, a man chooses, a slave obeys."

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I don't care if it's god anti-son of a ***** machine, or a giant hula hoop, we aren't gonna let them have it!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
"There are as many worlds as there are potentials."

The actual quote is from Chrono Trigger DS, in the new ending. But it could pretty much cover any game when you think about it.

Just stop thinking of each death or failure as "oh shit, loading last checkpoint".

Think of it as an actual death or failure. Each time you reload a game, you leave that world behind to deal with whatever you failed to stop.

Devin Curry

Nov 22, 2011
Portal 2:
How are you holding up, BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!

either that or Cave Johnson's rant about lemons.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
IJI: "You're not much of a warrior, but your will is so strong it doesn't seem to matter..."

The level design with multiple actions to choose to complete a level + A story and audio logs that change according to your actions for the rest of the game + Action RPG elements to choose a specialization for each play trough = Deus Ex

+

A deconstruction of the "lone woman warrior fights against impossible odds" of Super Metroid

=

IJI from Remar Games

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
"Ahahahahahaha, you rat sucker" - Smilin' Jack, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

The very first time in the game you are shown how easily manipulated you are as a player.
But don't worry, it's not like every character you come across will use that to their advantage or anything...

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
Majesty: "I'm meltiiiiiing!"

God. Damn. Wizards! Stop dying on me you expensive bags of meat!

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Not sure about this one. Run alacatraz, you and that suit are our only hope. Also BONK from TF2

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
"Ah yes, Reapers!"
"we can disobey suicidal orders? Why wasn't I told?"

gotta love the one liners iin ME2

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
UncleUlty said:
Persona 3: Memnto Mori

Persona 4: Reach out for the truth
If anyone wants to define Persona 3 & 4, that was exactly it.

Devil Survivor: "Conquer your demon, break your barricade."
Let's survive.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Another one I was just thinking about,

Halo: Reach - "It's been an honour, sir.".
The simple act of Emile saluting Carter on the doomed Pelican, with no emotion other than pride, gave the feel of the game a voice. Nobody was going to survive, but Emile's thoughts weren't with regret or cowardice, he just thought of the job that needed doing and the team who had died to get it done. And that's what I read from Halo: Reach.

Aletheium

May 20, 2009
RyanBishop said:
Fifty thousand people used to live here... now it's a ghost town.
Good shout, that line is burned into my mind from playing the multiplayer so often back in the day.

Always the only line I heard from that intro after the first time I played it.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Thyunda said:
Another one I was just thinking about,

Halo: Reach - "It's been an honour, sir.".
The simple act of Emile saluting Carter on the doomed Pelican, with no emotion other than pride, gave the feel of the game a voice. Nobody was going to survive, but Emile's thoughts weren't with regret or cowardice, he just thought of the job that needed doing and the team who had died to get it done. And that's what I read from Halo: Reach.
You know, if you put it that way, it makes Emile have a point...

(For the record, he's my least favorite character in any Halo game barring characters that can be described as "Brute Chieftain #4".)

Furyaki12

Jul 20, 2009
If the game's prologue didn't throw levity off of a bridge, this quote not long after sure renders me incapable of taking anything else seriously:

"I'm not the slightest bit interested in the fact that you made these guns. If you get in my way, I will..how do the Americans put it? Oh yes; bust a cap in yo' ass." - Bayonetta, Bayonetta