District 9 Offends Nigerian Government

Xris

Aug 1, 2009
District 9 seems like a good movie to me. Nigeria is just pissed at Sony for that one commercial.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Dear Sony,

Please to be stopping the offensive of our beloved nation. I are upset by depiction of Glorious Nation of Nigeria, and wish to genie that you make even for infraction. Many of my dollars are trapped in bank, and for sum of but five hundreds of your moneys, I am will to give you half of my millions.

Please to be replying,
Deposed Nigerian Prince.

Suck it up, Nigeria. At least District 9 didn't show your piss-poor government doing anything. All the manipulation and killing was done by an 'evil' corporation and mercenaries.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Nigeria is a typical case of "If we blame the entire world around us, our problems will fade away".
Except instead of the whiny co-worker/classmate, now it's a country.

CobaltBomber

Sep 16, 2009
Who cares what they think, honestly? The movie was great, and just because some people don't like how their country's portrayed doesn't mean they get to start book burning. Get over yourselves, Nigeria.

Reparations

Sep 19, 2009
@magnuslion

You said: ((laughs that the news editor actually used the phrase "rattled their cages"))

I'm glad that you noticed that the editors are racist. So no one can say that I'm hallucinating like the Nigerians when I say that the editors are Racist...

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
The Nigerian government sure seems to be getting very angry lately.

I'm sure that they have better things to worry about then a PS3 commercial and a movie.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
I'm starting to suspect those Nigerian ministers are laughing their heads off at what they're doing.

"Oh man, Sony actually changed their ad in response to our complaint! Can you believe that? Now let's see if they'll buy it when we object against District 9!"

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Sony and Africa do mot get along well. Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal. Why doesn't SA complain? They were shown in a worse light if anything. Nigeria is still annoyed at them for the ad I think.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Nigerian government is trying to rebrand the country as a better place. Thats why their doing all this shit.

Look it up

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Everything offends everyone these days.

Christ Nigeria get some balls and get over it.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
The Nigerian government is being too sensitive about everything lately. Nothing has been aimed at them with bad intentions.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I think Nigeria is becoming increasingly more easy to upset. Pretty soon there going to start yelling at Disney for not making a multicultural film set in Nigeria.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
AstorSapolsky said:
Chicago Ted said:
'My father used to say. The first time someone calls you a horse, you punch him on the nose. The second time somebody calls you a horse, you call him a jerk. But the third time somebody calls you a horse, well, then, perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle.'

Cookie to anyone who gets the reference.
Lucky Number Slevin

You have earned it!

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Yarr, the Nigerian Government needs to be gettin' a life 'n start worryin' about tha imporant stuff.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
Nigerian government is trying to rebrand the country as a better place. Thats why their doing all this shit.

Look it up
You know what rebrands a country, to me?

Food, housing, and no AID's.

The hilarious part of this to me is Sony just published the film, they didn't write or make it. It should also be pointed out Sony is a Japanese, not an American company, so this isn't 'just another example of white people being racist'.