Does New Korean Game Rip Off Team Fortress 2?

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
I dunno, it's a class-based multiplayer FPS. They're all pretty similar to me, except instead of looking like action figures here and in TF2 they're all muddy grey rubber manakins. Frankly, I wish there were more games that went for a more engaging aesthetic.
Team Fortress's art style is great. There's nothing else like it. And where do you get "muddy grey" from?

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
The idea sounds and looks pretty cool, but the actual mechanics and aesthetics are what makes it look like a rip-off. A gatling-gun soldier with invincibility? The tiny "demoman" bombs? The bat? The sniper action? All of it screams "we liked TF2 so much we put it into our game." That said, it looks like it could have been cool and original, but the splatter/gore effects (why even have gore with toys? Wouldn't a Lego-style disassembling be more appropriate?) and weapons and movements all look like they're copying TF2.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
TheTygerfire said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
I dunno, it's a class-based multiplayer FPS. They're all pretty similar to me, except instead of looking like action figures here and in TF2 they're all muddy grey rubber manakins. Frankly, I wish there were more games that went for a more engaging aesthetic.
Team Fortress's art style is great. There's nothing else like it. And where do you get "muddy grey" from?
As in, every team based FPS besides Team Fortress 2 looks muddy and grey. I was pointing out that bitching about someone else making a cartoon styled FPS was a bit silly because it's a refreshing and new visual style in a genre where most of the games look exactly the same.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
sooperman said:
"says H.A.V.E. Online is being called 'an embarrassment' to the Korean videogame industry"

Wait, the Korean videogame industry has put out something that doesn't embarrass itself?? When was this? Before or after countless crappy MMOs?
Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Because a trailer which is clearly an allusion to TF2 makes a loadout based online shooter a rip off.

Grow up guys.

Shadedblade

Mar 15, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Oh yes, because Valve totally invented the concept of combattants in multiplayer using weapons like a sniper rifle, bazooka, machine gun, shotgun, minigun, or grenade launcher. Its not like we'd seen all that before in 2001. Nope, before that, all online multiplayer had was sticks and rocks.

Honestly, get over them. The similarity is that there is a lot of action and the characters use weapons? What the hell is wrong with all of you?
Hahaha, someone is mad that the PS3 got the middle finger from Valve. Just kidding, though the reason that they are upset is because 3 of the classes look almost absolutely identical and the whole game seems to have completely identical sound effects. Did you not hear the completely identical beeping and the almost identical look of the automatic turret and the almost creepily similar design of the double-jumping Scout class?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
sooperman said:
"says H.A.V.E. Online is being called 'an embarrassment' to the Korean videogame industry"

Wait, the Korean videogame industry has put out something that doesn't embarrass itself?? When was this? Before or after countless crappy MMOs?
Why don't you say that to the countless people playing and the many other langauage changes to most of the MMO's. Silkroad for example.

Anyway I don't care. Just another case of "Did it rip it off or not?"

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
Im with Malygris, this game is HEAVILY inspired by TF2. But like he stated, this is only a trailer. So I have issues condeming its with out having experienced it.

I will admit that I liek the Idea oc action Figures fighting each other. It kind of reminds me of Toy Story.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, it's a rip off but, can you really blame them? Team Fortress 2 is one of the most player PC games.

A random question, do you think Valve will ever make Team Fortress 3?

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
I see it's not just me noticing the countless blatant rip-offs released these days.

The WW2 games are not even worth mentioning, but...

DotA - Demigod

inFamous - Prototype

DiRT - FUEL

TF2 - This shit...

These are only exampled from the top of my head. Where is the originality? Or at least continue some of the great old games. Bah, game industry, you suck!

A010110100101102

May 30, 2009
if you look at it alot of rpgs are the same: randomly gets involved in a war to save world, the Sequel: world falls back in to harm needs to be saved agian. most stories and many things are similar,maybe(in some cases) its hard or almost impossible to make ir incredibly different. I.E. World war II Games most are going to be incredibly similar, but it seems almost exactly identical(except character designs) to TF2, but i shouldn't judge till it comes out, and i see what it actually is like.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
TheTygerfire said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
As in, every team based FPS besides Team Fortress 2 looks muddy and grey. I was pointing out that bitching about someone else making a cartoon styled FPS was a bit silly because it's a refreshing and new visual style in a genre where most of the games look exactly the same.
Ah, bad wording then. Sorry to jump like that.