Don't hit a girl?

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
This is about the stupidest kind of question to ask. It is not ok to hit anyone. Of course in extreme circumstances, where you feel like you are facing serious physical harm, then of course you will try to avoid that harm. Outside of that it is no more right or wrong to hit a woman as it is to hit any human.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
KeyMaster45 said:
OT: I just greet everyone I meet for the first time with a quick slug to the jaw; then I inform them that's future reference for what it will feel like if they fight me. Oddly though I still end up fighting them not moments later, I wonder if it's something I've said...
Maybe they take issue with your form?

I know some people are experts at fighting and maybe they think your swing isn't up to snuff and want to correct you. It's very kind of them really.
Hmm...I never thought of it that way, and come to think of it I do recall my best friend's grandmother muttering something about "limp wristed" shortly before she caught me with a kidney shot; her rather short-stature belies her upper body strength.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
KeyMaster45 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
KeyMaster45 said:
OT: I just greet everyone I meet for the first time with a quick slug to the jaw; then I inform them that's future reference for what it will feel like if they fight me. Oddly though I still end up fighting them not moments later, I wonder if it's something I've said...
Maybe they take issue with your form?

I know some people are experts at fighting and maybe they think your swing isn't up to snuff and want to correct you. It's very kind of them really.
Hmm...I never thought of it that way, and come to think of it I do recall my best friend's grandmother muttering something about "limp wristed" shortly before she caught me with a kidney shot; her rather short-stature belies her upper body strength.
See?

She's showing you how to use your body to get more force! I would imagine short people know all these things, and I'm sure if you practice long and hard enough you can give kidney shots like the best of them!

God bless that old lady.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Abomination said:
I preemptively run around punching anyone I meet just to ensure I have the upper hand in any physical confrontation.

Well, at least my alter-ego the Feminism Fighter, dressed in an old BDSM mask I found behind a sex shop with a bed-sheet for a cape does.
...Go on.

No but seriously, I would rather restrain the opponent, regardless of gender, but if that isn't possible the punches will flow.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Your genitals do not have any bearing on your suitability for an asswhooping. However, your physical strength does determine the extent and viciousness of that potential asswhooping. If you, like a lot of women I know, are about half my size, I will not hit as hard as I can or be as vicious as I can be. It's not something I was taught, quite the contrary, overkill was the lesson my father, as a police officer, taught me. Neutralize the threat as quickly as possible. I try to practice conservation of violence, trying to determine the force necessary and limiting to that. I've never been put in that situation, the only "fights" I've been in have been with drunken morons at concerts. Most of the time, I just had to push them away and then disappear into the crowd.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I don't base who I use physical force on using sex, but on how equal I perceive them to be to me physically. I don't use force on people much weaker than me, unless they continuously assault me. One punch from a much weaker person than me, regardless of sex, would not gain a physical response from me.

Furthermore, people who are much stronger to me I won't use force against for obvious reasons, with the exception of circumstances where lethal force is necessary to protect my life.

However, a man or a woman around my level of strength who in any way assaults me will be given full physical retaliation.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Kalezian said:
Abomination said:
I preemptively run around punching anyone I meet just to ensure I have the upper hand in any physical confrontation.

Well, at least my alter-ego the Feminism Fighter, dressed in an old BDSM mask I found behind a sex shop with a bed-sheet for a cape does.

And with that, the thread should end.

Feminism Fighter, they'll punch you in the face!

sell the rights to Marvel or DC, and you will be a millionaire.
Jodah said:
...Go on.
Does he fight feminism? Fight FOR feminism? Fight in accordance with feminism? Fight BECAUSE of feminism? Or fight because there isn't enough feminism?

The mysteries of the Feminism Fighter are as various as they are numerous. But with his equal opportunity fists: Lucy & Larry, he strives to ensure random acts of violence are entirely gender egalitarian. Stay tuned for next episode where he faces his most difficult conundrum and nemesis: The Kathoey Krusader! With the physical stature of a man but the gender identity and mannerisms of a woman! How will the Feminism Fighter handle this confusing conflict? Feminism Fighter, Episode 4: Beatdown in Bangkok!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Hit whoever you want to defend yourself against, just keep in mind you'll probably end up hearing about it even if they started the fight, there's people who filmed it, they'll probably still try and get you in trouble.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I think it's more a situational thing. For example, if a girl wants to attack me, I'd probably just leave or avoid her. If that isn't an option for some reason, and I can overpower without resorting to blows, and can simply hold the girl down, that would be my action. If that isn't an option, then some sort of strike would likely be inevitable in order to make the other options possible.

I don't like the idea of hitting girls. It's probably something that was ingrained in me from a young age. Not that I go and beat up on guys, I've never been in a fight. You can probably just take the above paragraph as my response regardless of gender. I'd just be more willing to hit a man than a woman.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
nope.

I have a problem hitting guys too. My arms are heavy and I can swing them around pretty fast. I have done my share of martial arts training. I know I could injure them pretty seriously if I did punch. I don't want that.

Would I defend myself against a woman attacking me? Sure. But would I fight back? I only got attacked once in my life - by a bunch of drunk underage idiots. They were barely standing, much less fighting, I could defend myself pretty easily but I could not bring myself to start attacking. Then I let my guard down for a second and got punched in the head. So no. I probably wouldn't.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Only in self-defense. Gender doesn't make a difference to me. Not having to hit anyone would be best though.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
I agree with you OP, if I ever have children (gay) I will raise them as to defend themselves but have a inner peace within themselves.

EDIT: Also if a women attacks me I will defend myself. I don't have to hit someone to stop them from attacking me. Hell if I wanted to hit them I could do one quick jab or a kick and it would be over (vital spots, throat groin all that jazz) I don't fight for fun I only fight if i have to defend myself.

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
If its self defense, go for it

Other than that, yes, its a total double standard and yes, I'm okay with it. You're more of a dick if you hit a woman than a guy.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
If you believe that you are in serious danger, then using minimal force (what's necessary to get yourself out of danger) is acceptable(i.e. self defence), regardless of gender. Trying pushing the aggressor away or to the ground and escape, escalation in fights is what gets a lot of people seriously injured and killed.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
If any one is trying to hurt me, I will retaliate in some way, boy or girl. Now, if the girl in question is smaller, doesn't have a dangerous weapon, and noticeably weaker, I would just give her a hearty shove, same with a boy. I would like to hope I never find myself in a situation where I'm being attacked by anyone.

Mar 30, 2010
I will not start a fight with a lass for whatever reason, and if a lass starts a fight with me I will attempt only to restrain her. That being said, if said lass is still trying to cause grief after restraint then (after a verbal warning) they get what they asked for - I'm enough of a gentleman to go to lengths to avoid hitting a lass, but not enough of an idiot to stay my hand if all other options run out. Bloody hell, I live in the north of England. Ever been on a night out in Newcastle? Our women can fight.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
It's a double standard that exists, deal with it. It came around for a reason. And it's far from the only double standard, all these things are simply a consequence of gender differences that have existed for millennia.

Just be careful of the situation and how it may be perceived, you don't want to end up being blamed as the offender (it can happen).

If a woman's trying to assault you then attempt to fend-off/restrain her if you can, but try not to assault her back because society really won't consider you a hero for doing it. Do whatever you must do to stop her...just stop her and nothing more.

In fact if a woman took a swing at me (for whatever reason) I'll most likely just run away. I'd rather not be seen taking any kind of action against the woman whatsoever, it's not as simple as a male vs male confrontation. I would do my best to avoid it and escape it.

Obviously size/strength differences are also a factor here, but even if the woman is bigger than you I would recommend not fighting back, just restrain/avoid/escape.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Just defend yourself reasonably with as much restraint as you can practice, regardless of gender.

As for as much restraint as you can practice, that will vary depending on the situation, i.e., if they are continuously trying to claw your eyes or privates, then unless you a a professional fighter, you probably won't have the skills to subdue them without harming them to make them back off.

But if 80 pound 4'9 Dinkles swings at you with full force, and hurts his hand on your chest and is pushed backward without you doing anything, then I don't think that warrants clocking him in the face and breaking his nose and teeth. Same thing with 90 pound Peaches, who just slapped you and broke a nail.

But if muscular 250 lb 6'7 Gertrude is winding up to slam you with her gorilla fists and break your ribs, then... Well then you should probably run, because if you try to fight back, then Gertrude will probably end you.

tl;dr I'm laughing imagining these human beings, also, retaliate reasonably as necessity dictates, yada yada yada, stuff we've already heard a million times already,

Longing

Nov 29, 2012
Man, most people on here freak out at the slightest mention of feminism, but when it comes to punching women in the face you can bet they're all for it.