Dragon Age 2 Will Look "Super Hot"

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I would rather a game have good game play, story, and controls for the game than really good graphics.

Adanos

Oct 24, 2009
roffelito said:
how about working on believable, realistic gestures, facial expressions and just basic movement in general?? no matter how good graphics may be, if characters are moving around stiff as a mannequin, it's all just a waste of pixels.
I have failed to find a game yet were characters have good facial expressions. Usualy only the mouth is animated and the eyes sometimes.

I also agree games should become more art and stop heading towards photo realistic graphics. Look at Psychonauts.

Zero=Interrupt

Nov 9, 2009
They ought to make sure their stuff is bug-free before setting a release date. Who cares if it looks "hot"?

Also with the nudity. If God of War can do it, so can you

And PUT SOME BEARDS ON THEMS DWARVES, DAMMIT. Dwarves without beards is total dildos.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
I don't really care if graphics are improved or not, but I really do not want cell-shading or a more stylized art style. Neither is remotely special or original any more, and Dragon Age just feels more real with a realistic art style.

weker

May 27, 2009
dragon age graphics where 7-8/10 for me and i had it on xbox i never found anything wrong with it sept for the armours at the start of noble story had bad texture while u where chatting at the start

Gentelman Jim

Nov 17, 2009
In an article I read about DA:O prior to its release the devs implied that they were concentrating on the PC version more than the console version. I think that what they mean is that they will be working more on bringing the console graphics more in line with PC graphics the second time around.

And before I'm asked for a source, the article was printed and I honestly have no idea where I could find an online version of it.

wench

Braids of Fury!
May 1, 2008
Pimppeter2 said:
Dragon Age 2...

....*Drools*
Yeah, I had suppress a moan when I saw the title on the article. Shouldn't read gaming sites at work, apparently.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Well, it makes a bit of sense though that ME2 looked so much better, as it was built on the Unreal 3 engine, when they had really gotten down with how to use it, and Dragon Age was their own engine. Bioware has always been known for good game design and story, but never for making the best graphical or technical engines.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
They NEED an auto-tab more than anything in the world.
My biggest issues with Dragon Age (on the PC btw) is that while it doesn't look BAD, it certainly doesn't look amazing. This is coupled with some framerate issues (I do have a pretty good PC). So in the end we have a game running at a pretty low FPS to output middle of the road quality graphics, it just seems like corners were cut in the optimization stage of things.

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
Dragon Age is nowhere near as deep as Mass Effect 2, so someone didn't play one or the other. I still don't understand how people could think the console version of Dragon Age (that costs more might I add) would be better. It's Bioware, come on now.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
"oh yeah! we care about graphics!!" says the company that shipped low res textures as the high res ones for PC and then couldn't be arsed fixing it...

Mass Effect 2 looks pretty good though, I'm still not blown away like I was in the good ole days, but it gives me the confidence to get a bit excited about what they are saying here and not just call marketing BS.

I was a lot more impressed by ME2 than dragon age on PC.

also, wake up please, the consoles are getting long in the tooth. and I don't care how many SPFINGUs the PS3 has, its not magically going to make the memory bandwidth or capacity bigger! so don't expect too much more there, I say uncharted 2 was probably it, all the company does is make PS3 games, It will be a case of diminishing returns from now on. (of course i'm sure DAO could be improved greatly. if how it looked on the PC was anything to go by it was nowhere near the quality of Uncharted 2)

so PLEASE put some effort into PC specific pretties, and come on PLEASE Valve, or supreme commander guys, or hell, even blizzard, show these multi platform n00bs the error of their ways, that the PC is leagues ahead of the consoles, I want to see the future today, not in 5 years when microsoft and sony finally jump off the wii's "who cares about graphics when you can look like a spastic" bandwagon and make new consoles.

(please know that I am only talking about graphics. not gameplay or anything else).