EA Slings More Mud at Activision

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
Let's look at this in terms of their games' noteworthy features:

EA's BF3: Vehicles, destructible environments, new engine, huge multiplayer battles

Activision's CoD: 60fps

I think the assumption that Activision is more worried about their sales than fair play is a fairly safe one. Then again, I don't work for Activision, so I wouldn't know for sure, and I don't want to assume more than I already have.

All the same, I don't like that this is the image people get when they look at game developers.

So, when is Extra Credits gonna start releasing games?

PHOENIXRIDER57

Mar 2, 2010
Dirand said:
Yeah some of the statements coming from EA are a little ridiculous, but lets not try and forget how Activision has pretty much openly stated they dont care about gaming and are going to try and milk you for ever cent your worth.
Oh yeah, and EA totally doesn't do that like Activision does. Both these companies are pretty ridiculous.

I like how Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk was brought up, "try finding these titles in stores". Uh yeah, both those games have released 10? 12 games each, and not all that recently. 0 points awarded for that part of the argument.

Idk why people get worked up over this. 60 percent of people who buy games are going to buy COD because.. I'm not sure why anybody still buys those games. and another 60 percent of are going to buy BF3, (some people bought both) so what's the trash talking for? Attention I'm sure.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
I respect EA's passion for the death of Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops are dark marks on the history of gaming in my opinion.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Hopefully EA's current bout of insanity will continue and they'll start waving TOR in Blizzard's face. With the mentality on show at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if they started talking about being a WoW killer...

Ziggy

Jul 13, 2010
The Artificially Prolonged" post="7.308085.12418396 said:
Gentlemen please, settle this like civilised men on the field of honour. Deathmatches on MW3 and BF3, most kills wins.
quote]
No no no. Do it the notch way.
QUAKE 3

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
My urge to buy a copy of MW3 even though I don't particularly care about either MW3 or BF3 just to spite EA for being such massive dicks is rising at an alarming rate these days.

AzrealMaximillion said:
I'm surprised there are even people defending Activision.
It's very simple: They aren't EA. EA is the bottom of the barrel, the most evil of all the evil. Even if Activision is the second most evil, they still look like a cute little kitten compared to EA.

Blablahb said:
Odd, that's more like the image EA conjures up with me. It began with The Sims really. I believe they're now somewhere around The Sims 44, if you were to count all the expansions you're supposed to purchase for a lot of money.
Yeah, I remember that they had Sims 3 and all the expansions on sale in a bundle during the Steam Summer Sale. It was still at some ridiculously insane price that I think was somewhere around $100 if not more despite the huge discount because of how many damned expansions there were.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Battlefield 3= every other battlefield game with better graphics
COD MW3= every other COD game, but I am intreeged to find out what happens to soap.

Activision has my money/rent there.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Well this pretty much settles it for me. Im going to buy Modern Warfare 3 five times and then im going to pirate Battlefield 3 five times just to spite EA.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
First of all these are the publishers not the developers. It's not like either of these guys are working on the games. All they care about are sales and marketing so I wouldn't consider either of them representatives of the game.
It's not like this Jeff Brown guy says this shit and then runs to office to punch up code or design more exciting game elements to make "his" game better than CoD. He says this shit and then gets a bonus for creating controversy that might sell more copies of the game.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Although I do like that Hirschberg took the more mature route, but... if the guys from EA went on stage, and just said "Hirschberg, we have on thing to say to you: YOUR MOTHER!" and then walked off, I would still probably stand behind them. Not because I love their games, god no, a lot of their games suck, but because I want to see Activision shot down as much as possible. They haven't made a good game in years, and will just keep making the same shit they make every year, which is another Call of Duty game that is exactly like the last one and some small game that they can say is "from the makers of Call of Duty" even though it's terrible. So, yeah, keep up the dick moves, EA.

Quellan Thyde

Jul 11, 2011
"Last year Activision had a 90 [percent] share in the shooter category... This year, Battlefield 3 is going to take you down to 60 or 70. At that rate, you'll be out of the category in 2-3 years."
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! In your dreams maybe, EA.

Seriously though, if EA actually has a PR department it's well past time for them to get their shit together. These guys are starting to sound like the Enron chiefs just before the sky fell.

nikomas1

Jul 3, 2008
I'm with the guys that are actually honest... and I found it a bit funny to be honest :)

I'mANinja

Aug 4, 2008
And Ubisoft, the third biggest is just like, "meh, nothing is really competing with Assassin's Creed: Revelations! You guy's can just keep arguing :p"

K V MAN

Sep 20, 2010
due to the Escapist magazine being in the recent forbs list of websites i think EA and activition will be patrolling the forums so

to EA:
i will be too mentally traumatized by Dark souls to give a damn about your game. also on release in the same month Arkham City, the darkness, and Rage

To Activition:
still mentally traumatized by Dark souls, and skyrim is coming out at the same month enough said, but to any one that requires more then that: Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception, Assassins Creed Revelations, Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary

how was that?

AGenericHero

Jul 31, 2011
And yet Activision is trying to end the MW3 and BF3 war.

EA is looking more like a douche in my opinion though. And at this rate Battlefield 3 may turn into the next Call of Duty.