The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
linkvegeta said:
Cingal said:
One still has to wonder however, "Will there be any online content at all?"
I hope that was a joke.
Not really.

Every single person I have asked about Oblivion or Morrorwind has at one stage said "Man, wouldn't it be great with co-op or something."

Thus, it's the first thing that comes to mind.

I doubt it will, and it's likely a good thing, but, it's just my thoughts.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
What a refreshing concpet compared to Oblivion where bears and minotaurs were spawned every 10 feet in the same, exact, stagnating orders. I swear, some routes were like a boring-fight-cheat code of "Bear, Minotaur, Minotaur, Bear, Ogre, Land Draugh, Bear, Ogre, Ogre, Ogre, Bear, Minotaur."
Fortunately, Morrowind didn't have that problem. In Vvardenfell it's more like "Cliffracer, cliffracer, cliffracer, cliffracer, cliffracer, cliffracer, cliffracer, cliffracer."

Electric Gel

Mar 26, 2009
I really play the elder scrolls for the immersive and deeply original feel of the world, but it seems that's been slowly stripped down to shoe horn in more mundane fantasy elements. Take Oblivion, before that game came out Cyodril was a jungle inhabited by a race of men not unlike the legions of Rome, yet the game depicted it as some bland medieval state. Now the main enemy is dragons? What happened to blight infested cults, corpus beasts, mad slave harbouring wizards and slavering bug monsters? Why does it have to be dragons?

crazeecurt

Mar 24, 2009
I only have one question about the Dragon Shouts. Controls. How do you think they are going to handle controlling which shout you do. If there are 20 or so of them, are you just going to have a list to select from and one activation button, or will it be a button with a selection wheel? Or better yet, why not utilize the Kinect?

I can see it now, fireball spell in my left hand, short sword in my right, fighting a troll. Another troll comes out from around a tree and rushes me. I realize that I can't fight 2 at once, so I say the slow time Dragon Shout out loud so my Kinect picks it up. Then burn them both down.

I think that feels much more immersive than pushing in my "Dragon Shout button" and going around a wheel while it pauses the combat to select the power I wish to use.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
I can't wait for this game to come out. I plan on buying it about 3 or 4 months after release to give Bethesda enough time to fix all the glitches.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
HA! i didn't read what was in the NEWS.

Wannakep the game fresh for me wich means avoiding the inevetable Media PR Shit Storm about it. :)

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Woodsey said:
What's the point in gaining extra super abilities if they're no use in a quick-time event?

I highly doubt they're going to be in there.
I ask the same question each time I see QTEs in any game.
The main answer I can come up with is "Because we want to showcase how awesome you are, but the controls don't really let us".

Really, do you think I'm hoping they will use QTEs? Because I really don't want them.
Perhaps it's going to be similar to a Monster Hunter fight, or Shadow of the Colossus, but you end the fight by using a Dragon Shout?

I know they're pushing the Viking theme here (hence the "shouts"), and it could happen, but I'm questioning whether Bethesda will have time to implement that.

This is a bit tangential: Perhaps I didn't get the memo or read the teaser properly, but why on earth are the "DragonBORN" killing dragons? With Martin (in Oblivion) it made perfect sense. When I think of Dragonborn(e), I think of one who would share kinship with dragons, not one whose job is to mount their heads on pikes or hang them over his fireplace.

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
Ophiuchus said:
WrongSprite said:
Why does anyone care about the name? I don't care what they call it, sounds like a pretty cool feature to me.
This, honestly. If you don't like the name 'dragon shout', call it something else, it's not a big issue.

I'd love to see one that makes the dragon come in close so you can punch it in the face. I dunno, it'd be funny.
Spell Name:Chuck Norris
Ability:pUNCH DRAGONS IN THE FACE!

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
linkvegeta said:
Tom Goldman said:
Elder Scrolls V Similar to Mega Man With Dragons
what does it have to do with mega man? I read it twice over and watched the video.
The joke is that you need a power to defeat the dragons by getting power from defeated dragons. Like in megaman when you defeat a master robot and then get his power.

EDIT:Sorry for the Double post

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Woodsey said:
What's the point in gaining extra super abilities if they're no use in a quick-time event?

I highly doubt they're going to be in there.
I ask the same question each time I see QTEs in any game.
The main answer I can come up with is "Because we want to showcase how awesome you are, but the controls don't really let us".

Really, do you think I'm hoping they will use QTEs? Because I really don't want them.
Perhaps it's going to be similar to a Monster Hunter fight, or Shadow of the Colossus, but you end the fight by using a Dragon Shout?

I know they're pushing the Viking theme here (hence the "shouts"), and it could happen, but I'm questioning whether Bethesda will have time to implement that.

This is a bit tangential: Perhaps I didn't get the memo or read the teaser properly, but why on earth are the "DragonBORN" killing dragons? With Martin (in Oblivion) it made perfect sense. When I think of Dragonborn(e), I think of one who would share kinship with dragons, not one whose job is to mount their heads on pikes or hang them over his fireplace.
I'm guessing they're somehow related to dragons (distantly, obviously), since they can use their powers, but since they're human it makes sense to kill them.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I just came. I really need to buy a new graphics card o.0

OMFG THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME! ehem... sorry, got a bit exited there...

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Because Dragonborn was already a thing, and dragon most importantly referred to Akatosh. Dragons were not that important as just a random flying lizard species, and I suspect they'll be shoehorned in.

The Dragonborn are individuals who embody the Covenant made between Saint Alessia and Akatosh, Alduin's alter ego dragon god that saved the world at the end of TES IV. People are going to be confused, and hopefully they don't run away from the complexity of it or offer some cop-out answer.