Escape to the Movies: This Means War

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
PunkRex said:
A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle reboot? Unless April O'Neil shows up with a bright yellow jumpsuit unzipped to the belt I WILL BE DISAPOINT SIRS AND MADAMS!!!

Come on Hollywood, I believe in you!!!
And we all know that unzipped jumpsuit should be occupied by Christina Hendrix. The Jugs-o-meter would be off the scale!
*Doesnt know who Christina Hendricks is so types name into google*
0_0 Dear Christ... wha... who... der... /)^3^(\ MY GAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!!

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
esperandote said:
Oh so that's the idea. I thought it was going to be something more interesting that morse code but it's just the authors signature.
The Morse Code in the Spy vs. Spy comic was Antonio Prohías' signature mark. So much so that it is still used in the comics almost 14 years after he passed away and the comic has changed authors and artists several times since.

Friendstastegood

Oct 2, 2011
I personally like Bandits a lot more as a romantic-action-comedy-thing than Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but I'm guessing I'm the only one...

And TMNT with Christina Hendricks as April in a massiv cleavage yellow jump-suit? Hell yeah, I'd watch that :D

And on the whole misogony, misandry issue, this movie doesn't sound like it does any favours for either gender, but lets not give it more credit then it's due: it's not Hitler reincarnated, it's just a bad movie.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
So, what, this movie is basically the adult version of someone telling a four year old girl the only reason a boy harasses or hits her on the playground is because he secretly likes her?

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
PunkRex said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
PunkRex said:
A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle reboot? Unless April O'Neil shows up with a bright yellow jumpsuit unzipped to the belt I WILL BE DISAPOINT SIRS AND MADAMS!!!

Come on Hollywood, I believe in you!!!
And we all know that unzipped jumpsuit should be occupied by Christina Hendrix. The Jugs-o-meter would be off the scale!
*Doesnt know who Christina Hendricks is so types name into google*
0_0 Dear Christ... wha... who... der... /)^3^(\ MY GAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!!
As far as I'm concerned, Christina Hendricks has but one calling in life: to become the live action Power Girl.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Anoni Mus said:
NinjaDC said:
WHY YOU NO ARRIETTY!!!

Seriously Bob, why waste your time with 2 garbage movies like Ghost Rider 2 & This Means War.
Studio Ghibli finally gets another movie released in the US, and you give it a complete snub.
Arriety isn't anything good either. Worst of all Myiazaki films I saw. It feels old and cliché, which is understandable since it's based on an old story.

But I've never been a fan of his movies, so don't take my opinion highly.
Actually it wasn't directed by Miyazaki; it was the debut of Hiromasa Yonebayashi. Contrary to mistaken belief not EVERY Ghibli project is done by Miyazaki

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
The Battle: LA guy still has a job?! If I screwed up that badly at my job I know I'd be fired!

Also predicting that April will be more like the modern washboard April rather than the retro busty April. Breasts on women is so 2005.

dsawyers9

Aug 20, 2009
Sadly enough, Bob was wrong about this film.
My wife and I went to see this and there were some good part and of course some bad parts.

But overall it was good and I suggest it for couples

Kuth

Jan 14, 2009
370999 said:
Sovvolf said:
Kumagawa Misogi said:
Sovvolf said:
Cause she's clearly dating two men at the same time to see which one is better and which she'd like to commit to... Also, how is thinking that is wrong sexist? I'd think the same if it was a man doing it to a girl, girl doing it to a girl, ect.

Dating is when a relationship is beginning to form, least that's how it works here. This isn't just one date then moving on. They are actively dating and probably getting to the sex part. Though here she's doing it with two men at the same time, having two relationships... So yeah two timing.

Dating is what you do to see if you want a relationship, not the actual start of a relationship that comes later (up to a year or more in some cases).
Guess it depends on the culture. Where I come from, actively dating pretty much = relationship. Maybe it's only around the beginning stages of a relationship but its still classed as one. Maybe its different in the states. Here, dating two people at a time is generally considered a poor thing to do. Pretty much considered two timing.

Maybe I'm just not getting it or I'm a juvenile sexist (The sexist part I'm still waiting for an explanation on) or whatever but I really don't see how dating two people at the same time is a nice thing to do.

Edit: On reading these two: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating#Europe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating#North_America I think I can see where I'm going wrong. Apparently this is the norm in American culture... In which case I'm probably in no place to judge. Here its a little different, thus my reasons for thinking that she is two timing.
I'm in the same boat as Sovvolf, I'm Irish and it would make people uncomfortable but if that's the norm then fair fucks, it's just I don't like the idea of decieving people.
As a Statesmen, I can tell you that dating two people is not in the norm, at least in the area I reside. Dating several people is fine for us, but that only happens on the first date. Dating several people at once is still outside the norm, especially when you go on several dates. It's seen as sleezy, sluttish, and just idiotic.

Chaos42

Feb 25, 2010
Pines a lump of clay no form or shape and its hardened so its worth less-his acting is stale and it doesn't help that every movie ive seen him as the main lead is bad.
overall this sounds dumber than hell-and using cia resources for messing up peoples dates -come on. I just can't see how people can keep doing this why do people keep going to these bad movies. Its like the media in the USA as a hole its gotten either so bad or diluted its getting really bad. And worse i fear this is going to make people who are growing up with this crap to think this is good.

A good example is shows like sponge bob- kids ive seen think things that shouldn't be funny are because the characters laugh about them and think their funny -its the same with this crap if we see nothing but bad movies growing up were going to keep watching them.

I would like it if we could get some decent movies -hell a good couple of movies NOT based on things that only share a name in common with the movie -battleship is an example -but the movies not out yet so i don't know. But come on how dumb a plot is this to base a movie of a simple board game. What next candy land as some kind of goth horror movie -or shoots and ladders as some kind of action spy movie.

Either way i think what we need to see are some better movies totally out shine the crap we are getting so that they can remind people what a good movie is.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
The movie was good i genuenely enjoyed it and had bunch of good laughs :D
Bane *cough* Tom Hardy was awesome :D and that bad-ass british accent! The paint ball scene blew me away. Proves that with good music and directing even paint ball can look awesome xD

I think my only break from the movie was towards the end. It felt a bit rushed and under financed. THey couldve rapped it better.

But my biggest beef was in the restaurant when they fought each other. What was with the pissed off attitude. your a nerveous girl coming out of the bathroom to see a completely trashed and abandoned restaurant with the 2 guys you date on the ground beaten to a pulp. And your not even asking what happened? Your not freaking out?

Bleh sometimes its these weird things that really break the mood for me. I know its a movie and there were plenty of hollywood over-the-top moments but eh cmon . . .writers push your brains a bit harder.

Still with the exception of that i really enjoyed the movie and had a great dinner while watching :p