Ever had a nickname?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I was known as Sid at school, after Sid Vicious... due to that I was in a punk band, and unfortunately people enjoyed picking fights with me... Vicious is an understatement when I lose my temper...

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Rickets,
Buck,
Buckworm,
And "That smug bastard".

Rickets, because I've got disfigured hands, and rickets is a bone disorder (Don't worry, it's not a malious nickname....)
Buck. My last name.
Buckworm, because I used to read ALL the time. Basically the only thing I did.
And that smug bastard?

Because I'm a smug bastard. :D

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Xaio30 said:
"Sandy Swedish Barbarian".

Don't ask. Please.
I'm asking.
I'm putting it out there. I'm breaking the rules.
Why is your nickname "Sandy Swedish Barbarian"?

(I'm sorry.)

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
I got milly because my dad who i never saw .. had a lot of money so crazy high school logic from people turned "Millionaire" into "Milly" .. i was copping that from EVERYWHERE! teachers and even kids id never met.. i was just the guy called Milly :p

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
A lot of people just call me Hoops or Hooper, very inventive uses of my last name.

I've also been known as Molester Joe and Gentleman Joe by different groups of friends. I like the second one better.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
mr. awesome said:
My name is Pontus, people call me "Ponne" or "Pony"(They don't even know I watch that show.)
...?! Your name as quite some potential for nicknames... the main one that comes to mind being 'Euxeinos', that'd be rather amusing...

Phasmal said:
And everyone I know has at one point called me `Luce` (my name is Lucy), though I've never once asked to be called that.
That diminutive of Lucy has always irked me for some reason... >_> ...

OT:

A few... at school for a couple years I was known as Psyko, later on only one girl called me by a diminutive form of my name while the rest called me Einstein.

And for virtually my entire life, my sisters have addressed me as Fatso (despite being 5'11" and all of 70kgs). My girlfriends have alternately known me as AJ and Deimos, god only knows why...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
My name is Ashley.

My friends call me Ash.

My friends have sucky imaginations.
Alright, Chief. I want the Mako prepped and ready in five minutes.

:p Sorry, just couldn't help myself. To make amends, I'll reveal my own rather dorky/embarrassing nickname.

In 7th grade, The Cable Guy had come out and as such, at the beginning of the school year when all the teachers were taking role call for the first time, asking people if they pronounced their name correctly and if there's anything they prefer to go by (i.e. Clinton or just Clint), I told every teacher that I prefer to go by the name Chip. For a full year, I had all the teachers calling me Chip. Troublemaker that I was, I couldn't help but find it funny whenever I'd get them to shout "CHIP!" beause of my misbehavior. :3

Twyce

Mostly a Lurker
Apr 1, 2009
I had a friend in high school who called me 'Squiddie and/or Squid.' Apparently my personality reminded them of Squidward from SpongeBob. I took it as a compliment.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Back in high school my nickname was Wiiman, because I had a bag that had Wii on the side and because I'm short. And later on in sports I got the nicknames Dangermouse, again due to me being short and my habit of putting myself in dangerous situations during sports, and Slimy Rat because nobody could ever get the ball off of me :p

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Karhukonna said:
Back during my service (and still today in some occasions) I was referred to as Eki by my peers and squad (thanks to my yet-to-be-revealed last name), and as Sir by every other recruit.

Whenever us NCOs have our little gatherings, hearing them call me that is oddly refreshing. Makes me miss the missus too. Never had a misfire with her, not once.
haha, had to go to your page since when I served my time (Finn here too) I had a friend who was called Eki but your birthyear is different, that would've been one random encounter xD

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
"Belgian Dave" because I'm Belgian... and my name is David. I guess it's handy though as I don't look or sound Belgian despite living in the country for my entire life. I'm odd like that.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Most people call me Jingold, which is my first initial combined with my last name.

One of my friends calls me acorn, based on a self portrait I scribbled in my maths book. Apparently it looked more like an acorn than a person.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Most people call me Dave.
Some of my friends call me Woo.
My immediate family call me Davey, except my sister, who calls me Dinks, which comes from my father calling me Davey Dunker when I was very young (I have no idea why)
The rest of my family calls me David.

I'm surprised I actually answer to anything really.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
I have always wanted a nickname, but I had a one-syllable name that no one could shorten or wanted to, because what's the point? So in the end, I broke a societal rule and gave myself my own nickname by insisting people call me by my username (this is a common thing at my old university -- people avoid namespace collisions by calling everyone by their email usernames). So the called me that.

"Drewby" was one that my best friend in elementary school called me.

lotrfanatic1

Jun 10, 2009
my last name is 'Salguero'

my old bar manager couldn't remember how to pronounce it when he first started, so he said " its 's' something ... something foreign; 'Solduatelli'.

& thus solduatelli became my nick name where i work for the last year & a bit xD

BlindWorg

Oct 31, 2009
When i was younger, when the first two Harry Potter movies were all the craze, people remarked how i look so much the main actor Daniel Radcliffe so some of them just called me Harry to spite me.

Since then i've grown a ridicolously long goatee for my current age and a ponytail. :eek: