"Extreme Gamers" Spend 48 Hours a Week Playing Videogames

Nebr66

Aug 8, 2008
Finally, now when people call me lazy for playing video games all day I can say I'm an 'extreme gamer'.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Not to long ago i used to play games for 24/7. i don't anymore, but an extreme gamer is 48 hours? thats nothing.

Slick Samurai

Jul 3, 2009
Well, I guess I'm an "Extreme" Gamer then. Funny, when I saw the 48-hour time in the title, I thought it was about the decline of time amount of hardcore gamers playing.

Hell, I can push for 72 hours a week now that it's the Summer ;)

Ripshot

Aug 5, 2008
it's like playing for two days straight and then taking a 5 day break

which is a terrible idea by the way

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
They may be unemployed or be students. It doesn't shock me really, I've spent that much time gaming when I've had lots of free time.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
thomasvano said:
mad825 said:
sweet, I guess I'm now classed as an Extreme Gamer.
So am I. At least I'm not alone in this category.
I'm pretty sure I fall into this category too. The only thing that takes away from my gaming time is posting here.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
48 hours...? If I remember correctly my highest steam rating was about 110 hours in two weeks. Right now it's "31.7 hrs past 2 weeks" but seeing as I've just started summer break that number is bound to increase.

[small][sub]Not to mention I play World of Warcraft on a regular basis. So... yeah...[/sub][/small]

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I do that regularly, playing RDR and other games.

I've done it before RDR too because I've got nothing else to do after dark, right?

Edit: ASIDE FROM POSTING ON THE ESCAPIST, OF COURSE.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I'm sure i've managed that once or twice. It's not something i strive for though :3

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
crap... *scribble down note to not play so many games*

Games statistics are always interesting, but I still can't believe the average gamer age is early thirties.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
I've easily spent more than that a week. I'm on college, so on days off or for example my 8 week holiday coming up, I can spend 4-5 days worth of gaming a week.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
But 48hrs of watching TV or reading books is totally sociable and acceptable...

Anyway, only 48hrs? Lightweights...

I joke, I joke.

Avashnea

Mar 16, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
They may be unemployed or be students. It doesn't shock me really, I've spent that much time gaming when I've had lots of free time.
Why do they need to be unemployed or students? You CAN have a job and play 45+ hours a week. I do it all the time and I work full time.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Kevlar Eater said:
Two days a week... that's it? (only if I get a game that I know I can't beat in two days) I don't think extreme gamers need help; just another hobby.
No, not play 2 days a week(like saturday and sunday) 48 hours on average each week or 7+ hours a day everyday.