Favorite Fallout 3 Weapon

Dec 1, 2007
Iceman23 said:
Only disadvantage it has that keep it from being my primary favorite is that it's condition drops by about about ten percent with every two mags that I use, and sense the rifle itself is rare, that means I have to pay for both it's repairs and the ammo just so I can use it.
Get the scrap metal repair mod

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
Imitation Saccharin said:
Iceman23 said:
Only disadvantage it has that keep it from being my primary favorite is that it's condition drops by about about ten percent with every two mags that I use, and sense the rifle itself is rare, that means I have to pay for both it's repairs and the ammo just so I can use it.
Get the scrap metal repair mod
I would, but I play Fallout 3 on the 360 due to my computer falling miles short of the requirements, so no such luck for me.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Lenox Macduff post=9.76060.916303 said:
Tattaglia said:
Lenox Macduff post=9.76060.916232 said:
Is there a way to get the Mezmetron if you missed getting it at the guard? I sort of slaughtered Paradise Falls...
Search Grouse (the first guard at the gate of Paradise Falls) for it. He's the guy that says you can't get in unless you bribe him or bring him slaves.
I bribed him. And his body is gone for some reason.
Urgh, well that sucks. Reload the last save before you annihilated Paradise Falls?

TheIceface

May 8, 2008
The railroad launcher gun thingy. Almost every shot cripples the enemy limb/face/torso. It took me forever to find the schematics, so by the time I built one I had over 1,000 ammo.

Dr Spaceman

Sep 22, 2008
Spartan Bannana said:
Alien Blaster. It gets 2 and three hit kills on DEATHCLAWS! DEATHCLAWS!
Absolutely. Alien Blaster is amazing. For bonus fun, try giving it to the Brotherhood Outcasts at Fort Independence. (Just make sure to save beforehand if you actually want to hang on to it.)

K2QB3

Jul 28, 2008
KneeLord said:
The 10mm SMG... I loved the design of it in the original fallouts and they rendered it PERFECTLY in 3d. Needless to say, Sydney had to part with her life for her "Ultra" version.

All the energy weapons, though it would have been nice to see a greater variety.

Beyond that, Powerfist, Shishkebab and 'schematic' weapons.
Sydney will give you the ultra if you bring her a tape from her father, and she becomes the best ammo vender in the game.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Prime's Xuanlong Assault Rifle. Now that through Outcast trading I've acquired almost 2000 rounds of 5.56 that gun has been my best friend against just about everything. Really good for cutting through Talon patrol groups especially.

Honorable mentions go to the Hunting Rifle for bailing my ass out in the early parts of the game (one time even one-shotting a guy armed with a sniper rifle), the Silenced 10mm Pistol, The Laser Pistol (plentiful ammo and good against robots and Enclave), the Nuka Grenade, the Combat Shotgun, and the Alien Blaster.

Oh and when I do on occasion go melee it's often a tossup between the Sheish-kebab and the Ripper.

Pudgyboi

Oct 23, 2008
Power Fist/Glove whatever it's called. One of my friend's has it and man it looks so satisfying.

Prozoquel

May 14, 2008
The Mesmetron (sp?) because nothing is as fun as enslaving the Wasteland populance, one exploding slave collar at a time.

Aside from that, the named Plasma Rifle of course. That thing carried me through every mission after I got it.

Iaspis

Apr 10, 2008
Launching plates, coffee mugs and other pieces of silverware with the Rock-It Launcher? is the best! As far as coventional firearms are concerned, the chinese assault rifle for medium distances and the all time classic, the hunting rifle for a more precice shot.

Abtinx

Nov 6, 2008
The sniper rifle, but using it for too long a time is impossible. It's hard to keep it in good shape as the weapon is rare and ammo is scarce. Anyone who has one of those in the inventory knows how useful it is to keep the fighting at a distance.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Spiked Knuckles. Beating down Feral Ghouls, blasting off limbs and heads with god-punches? Priceless. Plus, its lightweight, sturdy and costs next to nothing. Sure, power fist in later levels, but for sheer favoritism? The knuckles are a favorite.

Unarmed with VATS, cinematic slaughter at it's best.

Honorable mention to Prime's Assault Rifle, the Ever-Awesome Fat Man and any type of grenade.

*tosses grenade*
Raider "Oh Shi-"
*Lethal Explosion*

Perfect timing, much laughter.

Twiddybum

Nov 19, 2008
I agree with the FatMan, Shiskebab, named plasma rifle, and the Alien Blaster. All are pretty tight. But my personal favorite would be Vengeance, the named gatling laser, for rapid molecular stabilization AKA ash piles

jezz8me

Mar 27, 2008
VENGANCE!!! it is the epitome of gatling lazers. Plasma rifle is great as well and for a long time i only used linocon's repeater.

sleekie

Aug 14, 2008
10mm pistol, bitches. Style.

Although I admit I cheated myself up Colonel Autumn's 10mm Pistol since there's such a huge gap between the low-end peashooters and the .44 magnum. It's nice without being overpowered.