Favourite game ever?

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
Ohh jeez...
Deus Ex? Kingdom Hearts? Persona 3? Age of Empires? Fallout? Monkey Island?
Really hard decision...

Probably, if I had to pin it down to just one, TimeSplitters 2.
Because it is honestly the best FPS I've ever played, nostalgia or no.
Also, I think I've spent more time playing TimeSplitters games than I have on any other game. Even more than Oblivion, FFX and Kingdom Hearts 2. COMBINED.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Morrowind. Just... Morrowind.
What he said.

BUT THEN THERE IS DOOM
HAOW DO I CHOOSE?!?!?11!!?!!?

EDIT: Doom also includes Ultimate, 2, Heretic, Hexen, TNT, Plutonia and Strife.

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

300+ Hours on a single character, 800+ hours total
there is just no contest

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Star Wars Battlefront 2.
I don't play it anymore, but I have sunk so many hours into it, all worth it.

AmosMoses

Mar 27, 2011
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's revenge

Probably it's 50% nostalgia. But came on something like 15 floppy discs on my old Amiga 500+ Game had so much atmosphere, great characters and humour. Now they made the special edition version with updated graphics and re-vamped score. Put a smile on my face :)

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
I'm afraid that is World of Warcraft. Overall I have spent the most time playing this game, talking about it and thinking about it as well. Could basically call it a part of my childhood.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Fallout 3
To me the best action RPG out there, great gameplay and quests with extra replayability through a active and almost unrivaled modding community.

Battlefield 2
Where FPS fun meets teamwork and one of the most diverse battlefields from jets and Blackhawks to speedboats and Nimitz class battleships.

Arma 2
Socializing over Teamspeak while playing with absurdly detailed military toys in huge ass map with one of the most beautiful and detailed graphic engines out there.

GTA IV
Just a brilliant sandbox game with a great story and virtually no flaws

Gran Turismo 5
Arguably the best racing game, endless tweaking and unlocking to the greatest cars in extraordinary graphic quality with the most realistic and authentic feel will give any real car lover a V8 powered boner.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Oh man, it's difficult to choose a single game...
Wind Waker. Persona series close behind. Followed by...Pokemon, I guess.

Mysten

Sep 28, 2008
I'm not sure how anyone is able to pin down a single game as their all-time favourite. I love so many games for so many reasons that it's just impossible.

Although if I was to pick one, it would likely come from this list:

Halo 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age 2
Half-Life 2
Assassin's Creed 2

and Metal Gear Solid.

Way to break the pattern there, Kojima. I guess when you hit the peak first time, the only way to go from there is down. It's a shame, I liked the theme I had going there.

Boaal

Dec 30, 2008
Dwarf Fortress, I think.
Also Savage 2 before they made the Lego's so fucking overpowered. I haven't played it in a long time now, but it's always fun :)

Monty McDougal

Mar 15, 2011
2 games that i love but no one ever talks about
Psi-ops and Metal Arms.
Both awesome third person that have really long campaigns.
And one that a lot of people know of but don't give any credit; the star wars battle front series. Best local gameplay ever.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Silent Hill 2, I've seen a lot of plays, movies (and of course I've played lots of games) but Mary reading her letter at the end, and the scene were Maria is behind bars telling James to join her, are ranked in the best interpretations I've ever seen.
And of course, the atmosphere of the game is something unlike any other I've seen in media.