Feed Dump: Facebook Girlfriend

tamaness

Sep 24, 2009
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Oh nice. A site for us nerds, a group infamously full of bullied and marginalized people, making fun of people and calling potentially lonely individuals creeps.

Nice work.
I'm confused as to how paying someone to be your fake Facebook girlfriend is supposed to make anyone less "lonely." At best, it's a misguided white lie (and I can see it going horribly wrong). Yes, it's pretty creepy to pay someone to pretend to be your girlfriend. It's creepy in real life, and it's no less creepy on Facebook, even though it's probably cheaper.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
tamaness said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Oh nice. A site for us nerds, a group infamously full of bullied and marginalized people, making fun of people and calling potentially lonely individuals creeps.

Nice work.
I'm confused as to how paying someone to be your fake Facebook girlfriend is supposed to make anyone less "lonely." At best, it's a misguided white lie (and I can see it going horribly wrong). Yes, it's pretty creepy to pay someone to pretend to be your girlfriend. It's creepy in real life, and it's no less creepy on Facebook, even though it's probably cheaper.
The same reason some lonely people pay to talk to people on the phone; they don't really care about the lonely person and the poor guy or girl knows that. They just want something.

No need to make fun of people in that situation.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Happy 1st year of Feed Dump guys!

Oh man, this one was by far the funniest episode I've seen in awhile.

Fake Facebook girlfriend? Give me an example of when they were real.

Fez outta fucking NOWHERE!

A rubber foot on a chain? What in the actual fuck?

Nice Robot Unicorn Attack hat/reference as well Kathleen. Very witty.

Also: ASS!

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
all day, the whole day, I've had that song in my head (thanks robot unicorn attacks evolution) and i come home, completely forget about it and...god damn it!

Skaven252

Apr 7, 2010
tamaness said:
Maybe it will work as a pre-selection [http://www.pualingo.com/pua-definitions/pre-selection/] decoy? As in, by making these guys suddenly appear more desirable because they now apparently have a girlfriend, they may be granted a change to get an actual girlfriend?

alpha0924

Mar 12, 2011
Grey Day for Elcia said:
tamaness said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:

Nice work.
The same reason some lonely people pay to talk to people on the phone; they don't really care about the lonely person and the poor guy or girl knows that. They just want something.

No need to make fun of people in that situation.
You see, the difference here is that people who call a phone chat line just want someone to talk to. Someone who pays people to act like their girlfriend on facebook *are* creeps. Not because they're lonely people who want someone to talk to, but because they're willing to flat out lie to people they call their friends about that in order to either:

a) get their friends to think they have a girlfriend and aren't lonely which will just exacerbate their problem and make them lonelier in the long run

or

b) get their friends to think they have a girlfriend so maybe some girl will start wanting what she can't have which is manipulative and therefore wrong.

So I see making fun of people who are doing this as a way to dissuade others from doing it and is really a public service to all parties involved.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
alpha0924 said:
b) get their friends to think they have a girlfriend so maybe some girl will start wanting what she can't have which is manipulative and therefore wrong.
Lol. You're assuming we're pathetic enough to be instantly attracted to someone who isn't single, despite never having been attracted to them before? Wanna rethink that?

I should just edit the post. Having to do this dance is getting oooold. Sometimes it hurts to be right T^T

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
sprout said:
The unicorn hat. I wants it!
You probably won’ts get it. The only bunch who are more of a hat hoarder than LRR are VALVe. ;o) Unless you can convince them to auction it off on Desert Bus 6, I guess.

sprout

Feb 14, 2006
wackelpudding said:
sprout said:
The unicorn hat. I wants it!
You probably won’ts get it. The only bunch who are more of a hat hoarder than LRR are VALVe. ;o) Unless you can convince them to auction it off on Desert Bus 6, I guess.
I didn't mean steal it. I meant purchase it. All i'm after is a link to a store or the name of the hat.

alpha0924

Mar 12, 2011
Grey Day for Elcia said:
alpha0924 said:
Lol. You're assuming we're pathetic enough to be instantly attracted to someone who isn't single, despite never having been attracted to them before? Wanna rethink that?

I should just edit the post. Having to do this dance is getting oooold. Sometimes it hurts to be right T^T
It's not that everyone is instantly attracted to someone who is taken. It's that some people are.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Alex's last exchange there was... quite interesting. Definitely... interesting, to say the least.

Also, Kathleen needs to wear more hats at the end. I <3 Robot Unicorn Attack, and that sequence just made me crack up.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
The word 'whammies' in relation to sex fucking killed me. I was crippled with laughter for a full five minutes. I have not laughed so hard since 'The Shot' Crapshot. Alex, you win forever.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
maxben said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
.No. said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
.No. said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Eric the Orange said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:

Nice work.
Dude do you ever post anything positive. Not joking here, every post of yours I've seen ever has been negative in some way.
That could be a positive message. You know, to help them see the error of their ways. I'm pretty much a saint. They'll probably give me a medal.

Also, don't call me dude.
If you don't want to be referred to as a "dude" just put that you're a female in your profile. Since you like being referred to as female, it makes sense. Also, since the percentage of female users is maybe 15%, it's a hell of a lot more likely that you're male(especially if it doesn't say what you are in your profile.
I'm not female, so I'm not going to put that in my profile.
I know. But because there isn't an option for anything in between here, pick one if you don't want to be referred to as something you're not. Because if you pick nothing , this will just keep happening.
What does gender have to do with dude? People call everyone dude. I don't like it.
Be fair, why the hell would someone have a problem with being called "dude"? I get why he thought it was a gender issue and not you having a massive stick up the behind.
I don't like it. I said I don't like it. What's the issue?
No issue, as long as you are comfortable with admitting that its YOUR problem, not his. Its not even a preference, it is literally a problem where you get unhappy at stupid stupid things. The guy was completely legitimate on calling you out on your negativity.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Halden Prison in Bastoy, Norway is being dubbed as The Worlds Nicest Prison.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?cs=bz&p=World%27s%20nicest%20prison&fr=fp-tts-701-1&fr2=ps

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
GamemasterAnthony said:
At least Kathleen used THAT reference instead of going the MLP route.

Probably just as well...that hat looked like someone scalped Rainbow Dash's and Rarity's DNA Digivolution.
I was going to say that Kathleen was trying to be Celestia