First game you can remember playing

Qmonster

Sep 20, 2010
It was either Dark Castle or Beyond Dark Castle on an old black and white screen Macintosh.

owyndevaldeck

Aug 17, 2009
Original Starcraft back when I was seven. I swear that game was the best typing tutor for me :p Power Overwhelming + Black Sheep Wall + Show me the Money :)

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Grudge wars on PS1, but the very first i played in an arcade was MK4. I always got scred when my character was about to fall into the spikes when the game over screen appeared. I was 4.

Tklebis

Apr 24, 2011
Well, mine was the one with the chicken and the road for atari. (Does anyone have any idea of the name?). But, the first game that I actually tried to beat was Pokemon Blue (shame on me!) or Super Mario Bros. 3 (but I wish it were called Super Luigi Bros.)

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
i actually cant remember exactly which was first but i have some games that stand out in my head very vividly and i cant remember how old i was when i was playing each, so here is my childhood of video games:

Legend of zelda: ocarina of time
Age of Empires 2
Super Mario 64
Tony Hawk 2 (i think)

Exalgoria

Mar 25, 2011
Tombi!

I was only little when I played it, though, and all I could remember was some pink haired bloke XD I googled it recently and all the memories came flooding back...

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I remember playing some teenage mutant ninja turtles game with my dad on NES. There was another one that I think was about the Terminator, but we sucked super hard at it and stopped playing. Not sure which was first though.

I remember getting a load of SNES games on a later Christmas, though I can't remember if I already had the system. And the only thing I can particularly remember playing was a Taz the Tazmanian Tiger game that I didn't actually know how to play. I just ran in a straight line on the first level forever. I also vaguely remember getting the first gen gameboy. Mine was red, and I think I got Pokemon with it, though that wasn't the first time I'd played that game. My older cousins had shown me theirs before. And I think my mom got Tetris to play on it.

Ah memories...

evilstonermonkey

Oct 26, 2009
I can't remember the name of the game, or even the console, but it was a rail-shooter in a very literal sense. A soldier on one of those little pump-powered train things would helplessly drive along a set of train tracks winding their way through an area packed with enemies. Meanwhile you had to shoot the missiles the bad guys fired, take out the bad guys themselves and blow up any mines that were on the track before your guy hit them. I think it was called Rescue Mission, but I can't find anything about it with google. I'm pretty sure it used a lightgun too. I played the shit out of that game, until I loaned it to a friend and never got it back.

First game that I can remember more clearly would be The Incredible Machine on the computer. I keep meaning to find a copy of that somewhere. Solving the puzzles was fun, but just fucking around in free play mode making the most complex rube goldberg machines was incredible.

I didn't own that one though, I only got to play it whenever I was at my auntie's house. First game I clearly remember that I actually owned and played regularly would be the timeless classic Mariokart. I just wish I knew what happened to the cartridge, since I still have a working 64.

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
I played a few educational games throughout my early childhood, but unfortunately I can not remember them, and I probably wouldn't count them anyway. The first game I played for pure entertainment value was either Pokemon Blue or Spy Fox. Can't remember which, but regardless both of those games are fucking amazing.

VladmirL

Aug 12, 2009
First game I ever played was Wolfenstein 3D.
All of my earliest video game related memories come from that game, and how I played it all the time when I was little.

wekill

Jan 20, 2011
first "good" game i remember playing is dungeon siege the first one you know the one wair it boiled down to get good stuff and attack thos were the good old days ( when i was 5)

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Jamessince00 said:
First one I can remember is Gex or something, about a lizard on the PS1. Played it 300 times until i realized there was more then one game in the world.
Gex the Gecko
I loved that game!

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
scully745 said:
Just list the first game you can remember playing, and how long you played it for if you can remember.

Mine was Diablo II when I was about five and I'll still give it a run every now and again if i feel like it. Not sure what that says about my parents that they let me play that when I was five though. Not sure exactly what it was rated, but fairly sure it wasn't G.
Megawat22 said:
Bugs Bunny Lost in Time.
I can't even remember if I completed it or not...
MercurySteam said:
Rugrats: Search for Reptar for PS1. That game was freaking awesome.
Jesus Christ, you guys are young.

Mine would be Sonic the Hedgehog on the master system.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
the first game I actually ever played is Athletics Land, by Konami on MSX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjCc7CiSfM

't was the first game on the first disk on the first computer I ever got to play on.

NerdElf

Jun 28, 2009
Well, the oldest game I remember playing was on a PC my uncle gave to me with BASIC on it. It was some kind of pong with 2 bomberman like characters, that exploded when they lost. Later on I remember playing a SMB clone on the PC, Supaplex, Indiana Jones and the atlantis thingy (though I never figured out how you played it, I just watched the sprites move and said "AWESOME", like I was watching a movie) something about a teddy bear in a house (my cousin gave me that game), Tarzan, Lion King game, and another Disney game 'bout the mangusta and the hog filled with minigames.I also recall some kind of Bomberman. Out of them, I remember the pong thingy and Supaplex best, because I FUCKING LOVED THEM! Thread starter, I LOVE YOU! I SEARCHED SUPAPLEX ON THAT SITE AND FOUND IT! I AM NOW SO HAPPY! ALL DAT NOSTALGIA! I love you, I love you. I wish you live a happy life, because you are awesome.