Fox News Takes Aim at "Offensive" Duke Nukem Forever

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
I think Fox news is right, the game does cross the line and is very offensive; but is that a bad thing? Anyone can be offended by anything so the whole offensive arguement is moot. As for crossing the line, sure, we've never seen a game quite this sexist but sexism exists, to deny that is to deny reality, so a game which celebrates it is a game which reinforces the reality of our society. What it comes down to is consumer choice; if you as an individual feel that sexism is wrong under any circumstance then don't by the game. If enough people agree the game won't sell and you won't see games with this type of content. The free market can decide what society finds acceptable.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
FOX, you do realize this is DUKE flippin' NUKEM, right?

Whuzzat? You know it's Duke Nukem and you're still mad over it being "offensive?"

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Sir John the Net Knight said:
Caliostro said:
Penny Arcade summed it up better. [http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/3/23/]

Sorry Fox, you're still not relevant outside the ignorant redneck demographic.
Sure they are. They're just not relevant in the ignorant teenager demographic.
Thank you for making my point.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I'm gonna start a group fighting for male's rights and say Duke Nukem is sexism against males because of the "dangerous" depiction of Duke Nukem.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Congrats Fox! You just boosted the sales for the game! Now go get in line for your next stupid pill.

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
Fox News shall be discredited as a News Source by now!!!!

OT:
For the love of God, PLEASE discredit Fox News!!!!

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
Since the delays for Duke have started already, Fox is going to be looking even more foolish when the game is delayed for another 10 years.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Saw this coming a mile off. I can just imagine if this story makes it over here to the UK in the Sun "newpaper", I can see the headline now on page three "19 year old Cindi is very disappointed about the sexist portrail of women in the new Duke Nukem game, so much so she forgot to put on a bathrobe before coming to the photo shoot."

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
it is sexist
their right, i can tell from the trailers

and to be honest, it wont stop anyone from buying the game
and neither will fox

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I don't think them playing it would help either...since they at Fox don't understand humor, all they'd be able to relate to would be the shit flinging, since they do enough of it to put Mr. Nukem to shame

I expected this from Fox, but they really need to get slapped, since how can they insult something that is yet to be released or seen to the public. I could warn people about them as ignorant slanderous douchebags without watching their evening show tonight right now, according to their logic, because based on how it looks, it looks to be such that.

They should really learn to keep their mouths shut on future things before they get a chance to play it, and then even when they learn something, should drink a nice, tall, ice filled glass of shut the hell up since they slander video games and those who enjoy it and would take offense if we insulted them the same way

Inglip

Feb 17, 2011
Tom Goldman said:
The article also brings in an expert from the Women's Media Center that says Duke Nukem Forever "is even more offensive" than 1996's Duke Nukem 3D (has she actually played Duke Nukem's shooter debut?)
So they can't assume the game will be offensive, which I think we all know it will be, but you can make assumptions like this?

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
Eri said:
I like how they say it is harmful to young women. Young women aren't going to be playing this you idiots.
And if they even had the nerve to say that it was harmful to young men who play this, then I should be able to curb stomp the parents that actually are moronic enough to purchase this game for their children. Please warn me when Fox does something we never see coming, like shutting their mouth.