Funny events in anti-woke world

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
Unfortunately, in the real world we have to live in and deal with, it turns out there are both people who lie and people who say things they don't know are true.
I don't see what either of those has to do with grave-dancing. Are you saying that they're lying about expressing joy that someone has died?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Loooooool!

We had this problem last summer here in Oregon. A bunch of right wing idiots kept yammering about ANTIFA was gonna come to their little towns and burn them down just like they were all the other cites, apparently so apparently a bunch of them were out at night with guns patrolling and watching for "ANTIFA Buses". Unclear exactly what an ANTIFA looks like or an ANTIFA bus looks like but damn they were gonna stop them.

Of course they never fucking caught any.

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I don't see what either of those has to do with grave-dancing. Are you saying that they're lying about expressing joy that someone has died?
No, as you might glean from following the thread of posts better.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Until you clear it up for me, I'm going to consider your post as unrelated to what we were talking about.
I mean the people lying or mistaken are the ones who profess respect and make a great show of apparent respect, yet underneath that do not act to better their fellows. As per #564 and #566.

For all the occasional hostility, a wider reading of the comments of the people you're criticising (and most have been around years to observe) would in fact reveal a deep, abiding care for their fellow humans, their snark in large part an expression of frustration at those obstructing the betterment of their fellow humans.

That is real compassion. Sophists and superficial moralisers carping about how people come across rather than what they really think and feel is not.

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
I mean the people lying or mistaken are the ones who profess respect and make a great show of apparent respect, yet underneath that do not act to better their fellows. As per #564 and #566.

For all the occasional hostility, a wider reading of the comments of the people you're criticising (and most have been around years to observe) would in fact reveal a deep, abiding care for their fellow humans, their snark in large part an expression of frustration at those obstructing the betterment of their fellow humans.

That is real compassion. Sophists and superficial moralisers carping about how people come across rather than what they really think and feel is not.
Thank you for attempting to clear this up. However, I still am not convinced.

You're saying that "they don't really have a callous disregard for the lives of their enemies, they're just expressing frustration"
I find this is a weak excuse, and the logic used here can be used to justify almost everything.

"He isn't really racist, he was just frustrated, so he used the N-word".
"He isn't really sexist, he was just frustrated and joking around with the boys, so he said those things"
"He isn't really X, he was just Y so that's why he said Z".

Their words reveal who they are on the inside. There is no excuse. For example, even now, nobody has condemned grave-dancing. All they have to do to explain "what they really think and feel" is to explain whether or not they condone it. Instead, they're defending it, making excuses for it, rationalizing it, and insulting me about it.

Matthew 12:33,34,37

I do not think they really care about their fellow humans. They only seem to care for those are on the same side as they are.
Like MysteriousGX said, they would kill their villains if only it were socially acceptable to do so.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
We had this problem last summer here in Oregon. A bunch of right wing idiots kept yammering about ANTIFA was gonna come to their little towns and burn them down just like they were all the other cites, apparently so apparently a bunch of them were out at night with guns patrolling and watching for "ANTIFA Buses". Unclear exactly what an ANTIFA looks like or an ANTIFA bus looks like but damn they were gonna stop them.

Of course they never fucking caught any.
Was this the time when the BLM protesters (some of them Antifa) stop protesting because there was huge bushfire in Oregon and they thought their time was better spent helping feed the firies or delivering supplies.

And the 3%er up there decided they needed to make their own road blockades and stopped and searched most vehicles heading to help those fire fighters. Because someone told a lie about Antifa starting the bush fires. Becuase it's the Oregonian civilians job to shove guns in people faces like they are police over made up allegations

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Was this the time when the BLM protesters (some of them Antifa) stop protesting because there was huge bushfire in Oregon and they thought their time was better spent helping feed the firies or delivering supplies.

And the 3%er up there decided they needed to make their own road blockades and stopped and searched most vehicles heading to help those fire fighters. Because someone told a lie about Antifa starting the bush fires. Becuase it's the Oregonian civilians job to shove guns in people faces like they are police over made up allegations
That happened a little bit later but very much the same heavily armed idiots both times.

They're also convinced Portland was pretty much burned to the ground....and it sure as hell didn't look that way last time I visited it around the same time and numerous times since then. But Portland is apparently a soy boy latte hellhole full of rampant communists or something.

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
Seems like a flippant comment, also weird it was captured on video
As Agema said, that was just "occasional hostility", and "a wider reading of his comment", if you had known him and been "around [him] for years would in fact reveal a deep, abiding care for [his] fellow humans]. It was just an "expression of frustration at those obstructing the betterment of [his] fellow humans"

His words don't reveal who he is on the inside, as everyone who jumped down my throat so graciously pointed out. Thank you, everyone, I know that now. Just as grave-dancing doesn't mean anything about the person doing it, neither can we judge Kyle on these comments.

As Agema also said, "the true measure of someone's respect for life is a great deal more than" some comments.

Or perhaps he was just suffering from Compassion Fatigue due to his lifeguard job. Pick any excuse you want, the last few pages are full of them!

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
As Agema said, that was just "occasional hostility", and "a wider reading of his comment", if you had known him and been "around [him] for years would in fact reveal a deep, abiding care for [his] fellow humans]. It was just an "expression of frustration at those obstructing the betterment of [his] fellow humans"

His words don't reveal who he is on the inside, as everyone who jumped down my throat so graciously pointed out. Thank you, everyone, I know that now. Just as grave-dancing doesn't mean anything about the person doing it, neither can we judge Kyle on these comments.

As Agema also said, "the true measure of someone's respect for life is a great deal more than" some comments.

Or perhaps he was just suffering from Compassion Fatigue due to his lifeguard job. Pick any excuse you want, the last few pages are full of them!
Love how "be the better person" is abandoned instantly. It's like principles are something only other people need to have.

So go on then, what willful activity were those black people engaging in that's worthy of Kyle wishing wishing he could commit murder for?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

Wow didn't take you long to turn that around.

Reactions: MrCalavera