Funny events in anti-woke world

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Ah yes, paying in stock. Great option for a private company losing money.

Also, apparently some 1800 employees left out of 7000. Tho that number is of course a stopgap on the way to 1337, then 420, and eventually 69. Please like Elon.
But he's so smart, guize! He builds rockets all by himself and doesn't afraid of anything!

Reactions: Absent and BrawlMan

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA

Now unironically trying to ban political parties. With no hyperbole.
This likely won't succeed. Fuckface is just throwing red meat to the slavering jackals of MAGA world.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
This likely won't succeed. Fuckface is just throwing red meat to the slavering jackals of MAGA world.
Most likely, yes, but then they said that about Trump. Even just one of these stupid things getting through would be a big deal, and they do come up with a lot of them.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I like how he does a comparison of this bill is just the same as cancel culture

Because they are exactly the same /s

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)

I guess this has been coming for quite a while, as Scott Adams has long been on the verge of overstepping public sensibilities for a while, because he'd rather be a gobby old white man.

I'm not terribly bothered by the idea of Scott Adams not bringing in any more revenue - after all, he's retirement age and has already made more money than the vast majority of the population: he's hardly going to be thrust into penury. On the other hand, I don't think that's going to happen, either. Dilbert is still going to have an audience, and there's plenty of money to be made touting anti-woke (just take a look at Alex Jones) for anyone who fancies a few bucks.

I'm particularly not interested in the bleating about "My reputation for the rest of my life is destroyed. You can’t come back from this." Well Scott, maybe you should have thought about that first, and if you did and yet chose to do it anyway (no doubt safe on the cushion of the many, many millions you have already earned) you don't have much reason to complain. (I actually think you can come back from it: delete your video, explain you screwed up and apologise, for a start.) Take some goddamn responsibility, and stop playing the victim because you did something stupid, inconsiderate or offensive.
The only wrong thing Scott Adams said is that black people couldn't be saved. We need to take CRT out of schools and black kids back in. More school means less crime.

Also yes, Scott Adams is the victim of the cult of woke.

Honesly, most of this party could be sacrificed for a Philosopher's Stone, and I wouldn't shed a single tear.
Throw all of parliament in there and I'll let you do it.

The funny thing is that he thinks he shouldn't suffer consequences for something he said, but he also thinks that black people should suffer consequences because of one poll.
Are the SJWs gonna cancel the poll as well?

I like how he does a comparison of this bill is just the same as cancel culture

Because they are exactly the same /s
They should cancel non-MAGA RINOS as well.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The only wrong thing Scott Adams said is that black people couldn't be saved.
Really? Not the idea that black people constitute a "hate group"?

We need to take CRT out of schools and black kids back in. More school means less crime.
What do you think CRT is?

Have a sit down and a cup of tea.

The "poll" covered a laughably small sample size (130 people) and involved basic mathematical errors (with the total coming to... 111% for the second question), but it's amusing to see kneejerk defence of such shoddy reporting anyway.

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
The only wrong thing Scott Adams said is that black people couldn't be saved. We need to take CRT out of schools and black kids back in. More school means less crime.

Throw all of parliament in there and I'll let you do it.

They should cancel non-MAGA RINOS as well.
Can't tell if serious or trolling. Either way, pretty lazy.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023

There's a lot wrong with what Scott Adams said.

His rant was based on a poll that black people showed significant opposition to the statement "It's OK to be white". However, that is not a politically neutral statement about racism towards white people: it has origins in far right trolling associated with white nationalism. This is vital when considering black people's attitude to it. The best we can say is that Adams may have been unaware of the fact. If he was aware and he still proceeded with that argument, yikes. Even then, nothing about the poll that underpinned his unwise rant really justify his opinions, which are deeply problematic.

Secondly, CRT is not being taught in schools - it's too advanced a topic and may not even be significantly covered in some subject-relevant bachelor's level degrees. However, there is a case you could make that higher-level thought can influence how lower-level teaching addresses subjects (and it should do: greater understanding of subjects will mostly originate from higher level study, and must then be passed down). In this sense, CRT-influenced materials may be in schools.

There is of course a remarkable irony in you calling Adams a victim of woke, whilst implying support for censorship in its purest form by banning CRT from schools.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

To be clear, the bill is dumb. But it isn't an attempt to ban political parties. It's just to make Democrats vote in favor of parties that supported slavery. It's a gimmick that Democrats use all the time.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
His rant was based on a poll that black people showed significant opposition to the statement "It's OK to be white". However, that is not a politically neutral statement about racism towards white people: it has origins in far right trolling associated with white nationalism. This is vital when considering black people's attitude to it.
Without knowing more about the poll (e.g. was this a strict yes/no, with no room for comment or discussion?), it reads as specifically written to achieve the outcome it has -- certainly I was aware of the origins of the phrase, and even if I wasn't it's pretty clear what's being said (i.e. It's not really acceptable to be white these days is it?), which in reality no one has actually said. Might as well asked 'Do all lives matter, really?'

I (white) would show opposition to the statement, because it's not really the question being asked, but if I had no option to get further into it I'd probably lean to saying no in objection to the question (I would, more likely, suggest they roll up their little questionnaire, nice and tight).

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Without knowing more about the poll (e.g. was this a strict yes/no, with no room for comment or discussion?), it reads as specifically written to achieve the outcome it has -- certainly I was aware of the origins of the phrase, and even if I wasn't it's pretty clear what's being said (i.e. It's not really acceptable to be white these days is it?), which in reality no one has actually said. Might as well asked 'Do all lives matter, really?'
The pollster was Rasmussen. They're well-known for leaning hard right and are less than transparent about their methodologies. So yeah, you called it. This poll was written most likely with the intent of generating outrage from white conservatives.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023

I (white) would show opposition to the statement, because it's not really the question being asked, but if I had no option to get further into it I'd probably lean to saying no in objection to the question (I would, more likely, suggest they roll up their little questionnaire, nice and tight).

1* Do you agree or disagree with this statement: “It’s OK to be white.”

Obviously, as per the above, as this is a politically-loaded term, answers to it necessarily involve an element of that political loading rather than just the face value meaning.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Reactions: BrawlMan and Ag3ma