Gabe Newell: Three "Big Announcements" From Valve in Next Year

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I really hope for the DotA game and EP3. Nothing else will make me happy. TF3? Too soon, TF2 is still profitable and a classic game with awesome graphics. Can't improve them. But new engine? Yeah. Please.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Is it really so unreasonable to wish that a game that switched to an episodic format- y'know, that style of recent origin that was supposed to herald lower-priced, time-budgeted, more frequently released content- offer a new entry after three years? Must we sink to describing unhappiness at same as "whining"?

I'm reasonably confident that Valve will, in fact, return to its flagship franchise in time, and that when they do so it will be worth the wait. And as I've already said, I'm just as glad that Valve continues to set its own course rather than conform to some marketing wonk's notion of what works best for investor relations.

But, man, I do miss me some crowbar.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
ALERT!

The three announcements are:
1. Not Half Life: Episode 3
2. A Game That Is Not Half Life: Episode 3
3. No Indication of if Half Life: Episode 3 Still Exists

That is all.

AlmostLikeLife

Apr 24, 2009
1: DotA
2: Proof that they're working on Ep3. Screenshots or maybe a trailer.
3: Left 4 Dead 3

That's how I see it going down. Please don't disappoint me, Valve

Blizzarded Soul

Jan 27, 2010
The Half-Life remake on the Source engine (Black Mesa.....right?). I know it's not strictly Valve.......but could be an announcement.

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
1. Steam coming for consoles (Giant fucking news by any standards) after deal with Sony, Microsoft caved and now steam for all on consoles.

2. New game that isn't a fucking sequal. Hopefully something different and totally surprising again.

3. Gabe Newell retires to Mars to be a digital sheep farmer.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
I'm gonna guess that they'll:
1. Something something something EP3
2. Something something something else
3. Introduce an entirely new IP, which no one will successfully guess what is.

P-mac

Sep 2, 2010
1. Counter Strike successor (I forget what it might be called, but I don't think it will be Counter Strike 3 or something)
2. Left 4 Dead 3
3. More Steam games on consoles

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Of course, given that this is 12 months in valve time, that probably means 32 months in real time.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
Guys, remember what valve's last "exiting" announcment was? Portal 2 for the PS3!!!!
I wouldn't get your hopes up...

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
I really hope they release HL3 before l4d3,infact I hope they release ep3 before l4d3,it's bad enough having more installments of a franchise made in 2008 then your frst game made in 1998,but it'd be even worse to have more Left 4 Dead games in between two Half-Life episodes then there are Half-Life episodes.

It's pretty bad having their multiplayer games be made faster then their singleplayer games(Ok Tf2 did take pretty darn long to make but still),because I stop playing Multiplayer games FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR later then singleplayer games,case in point,I have Tf2 and Mass Efffect 2,games 3 years apart,guess which one I'm still playing?I think Valve realize this and maybe will turn to making sure all their games have Multiplayer?

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
1. Source 2
2. DotA, we know this is going to happen.
3. FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD HL2 EP3!

Alternatively:

1. HL2 EP3
2. Episode 3 delayed until Summer 2012
3. Episode 3 delayed until Summer 2013

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Half-Life 2: The Apology Episode.

Join once again, we join our beloved mute scientist who goes about taking out big evil monsters and corrupt drones in this explosive finale. Once all that saving the world thing is done, you, Freeman will have to go about, in a space-age-buggy, shooting petals and gifts to the countless angry fans who have been waiting for eons for the final installment. Jump big fire ramps, share tofu with healthy eaters and enable people to enjoy themselves with the gravity gun and Dog, as you stand back and enjoy watching yourself play with the weapons of your dreams.

Also, you can get to play as Gabe Newell, ordering his studio on making a fairy game, then scraping it for L4D, experience the thrilling tension of millions of dollars and games to be made with them.