Gamers Rage About Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Dexter111 said:
We will see, I did a larger Thread/Post on that here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.377960-Will-the-Wii-U-fail-horribly

The thing is, Nintendo had abnormal success with the NES, SNES and Wii (at least at the start of the life-period), but the N64 and GameCube were a relative failure, I'd rather think the "Wii U" will follow in its footsteps than the Wii.

I don't see them convincing the casual people to buy a $300+ console, especially since most won't even realize it will be a new one given the name.
Now, I'm gonna have to stop you there, the N64 was not a failure. Yes, the Cartridges scared many developers who were loyal to Nintendo off to Sony, but the N64 was not a failure. It had some of the best games of all time on there, it had some of the most powerful graphics at the time, it had no load time, and it was all around fun. If anything, it was the XBox of its generation.

Also, I think the WiiU will fallow the Footsteps of the PS1 or PS2, a good system that sells well, but not Wii like.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Dexter111 said:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT! A MONSTER HUNTER GAME FOR CONSOLES NOT EXCLUSIVE TO JAPAN!?
Sorry got a bit excited there, but now i know i need to buy a wii u.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Gamer over here.
Not mad at all.

Don't call fanatic spazoids gamers.
Yeah you can be both but only one causes you to twitch about a game actually coming out instead of being left for dead in the publisher wasteland.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
WouldYouKindly said:
Kmadden2004 said:
WouldYouKindly said:
Motion controls don't really translate well to a fighting game like Bayonetta.
Which is why it'll be using the gamepad controller.
The giant touchscreen one? Still makes for a little difficult transition.

If you're talking about the classic controller, fine, but I still say that is the least comfortable controller to use in this generation.
Uh, it still has ALL the buttons a normal controller does but has the addition of the touchscreen. That wouldn't be difficult to translate to at all.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
I'm not too happy about the exclusive, but why the fuck are gamers threatening to kill their selves because of console exclusives. Just buy the game and the console it's exclusive to instead of killing yourself if it's THAT important? I never wanted to say this, but I'm losing faith in humanity.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
blackdwarf said:
team platinum: "yeah we really want to make a new Bayonetta!"
Sega: "yeah.... not with our money. i'm sorry, but the game was a not the financial success we wanted it to be."
TP: "but, but.... but people like it so much, people really want a sequel."
Sega: "then they should have paid more money!"
Nintendo: "hey TP, we really need something to appeal to the hardcore crowd that is not two years old and even exclusive so let us throw some of this fine DS and Wii money at you ."
TP: "fine, we just want to make a great sequel to a good game."

and this was what probably happened. sure, it sucks that i can't play it on my xbox 360, but at least we are getting a sequel.
Fixed that for you

Limpnoodle

Sep 14, 2012
Dexter111 said:
I also don't see them really getting that many people with their Launch titles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games
Theoretically they might have "50", but seeing as about 80% of those are old titles that were already released on all the other consoles and/or PC, let's see what we are left with:

Which are going to be Exclusive Wii U "Launch Titles"?
New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land (doesn't quite have the ring or the appeal of "Wii Sports" or "Wii Fit" to it, does it?), Rayman Legends, Tank! Tank! Tank!, ZombiU
Xbox 360
U.S. launch: November 22, 2005
Amped 3
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
GUN
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark Zero
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

PlayStation 3
U.S. launch: November 17, 2006
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Call of Duty 3
Genji: Days of the Blade
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

look at these awesome launch lineups yet somehow they managed to make it

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
BiH-Kira said:
Doom972 said:
I'm not seeing the difference, obviously there won't be that many people getting the console so it might as well not have been, it makes no difference for them, mostly just eliminates all hope they might've had and keeps developers from doing something else. It's likely that it'll also be designed with that Touchpad...thing in mind xD
Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean everyone is.
If you were under a stone for the last few days, it's OK. The internet went full retard after Nintendo Direct. Even the god damn Pachter, the person who didn't have even one nice thing to say about Nintendo in the last few years said that the WiiU will sell like hot chocolate in the Alps. He predicts that the WiiU will be constantly sold out until the next April if the hype keeps up.

I'm not saying Pachter's predictions are right, but a man who openly admits not liking Nintendo changes his opinion so drastically and predicts a huge success means something. Even /v/ the only video game board that is know for hating video games (and everything else) is totally hyped for the WiiU.

I'm not saying that it will sell great. But the chances of the WiiU selling great are much bigger than the chances of selling bad.

To people to think that Sega will publish it on other consoles:
Sega has no saying about the game. And Sega doesn't own the IP. The own the first game, but the IP is PG property. PG (afaik) has never self published a game.
Why is my name there? I didn't write that.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Limpnoodle said:
Doom972 said:
Having a game on a console you'll never buy is almost as bad as not having it at all. Nintendo probably deprived most of the original game's fans, since most gamers get only one console.
then they aren't real gamers, they are causals.
No, just not that rich. The PC satisfies my gaming needs fine, and while some console games seem appealing to me, I'd rather keep that money for other purposes.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Mr.Mattress said:
though it won't succeed like the Wii. It will Sell good, like the PS1 or PS2.
The PS1 and PS2 were FAR more successful than the Wii :p The PS2 is the best selling console of all time.

And this 'news' is proof, if it were needed, that consoles have just as many elitist pricks in their ranks as the PC does. Just don't buy the game if you're so angry. If you're so determined not to get a Wii U then this announcement makes no difference to you.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Doom972 said:
Why is my name there? I didn't write that.
Probably when I deleted parts of the post I was quoting. I hate how quoting works on the escapist. Damn hard to take a part of 1 post if there are several posts. Or maybe I quoted you accidentally and while I was editing the post I wanted to quote, I made a mistake.

Sorry. :)

EDIT:
There, I fixed it.

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Joke's on the haters. Being one of the (4) Nintendo fans on the Escapist, I'm not only getting a Wii U, I might just pick up Bayonetta 2 (even thought I wasn't a huge fan) just to spite the haters! I'm actually looking forward to the Wii U, and I hope Nintendo grabs even MORE console exclusives!

CRY MORE MAN-BABIES! YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS! :D

caballitomalo

Aug 12, 2009
Estimated sales figures of Bayonetta: 1,380,000 units.
Estimated number of nerd rage comments made on the internet for any and all reasons: ∞
Relevance of the totality of those comments: 0

He who cares about internet rage is doomed to never fulfill its goals.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
SixWingedAsura said:
Joke's on the haters. Being one of the (4) Nintendo fans on the Escapist, I'm not only getting a Wii U, I might just pick up Bayonetta 2 (even thought I wasn't a huge fan) just to spite the haters!
More or less the same reason i will buy mass effect3 for the WiiU on day 1 (I already own the complete trilogy, I just wanna see how it feel on that system).

I can not wait until i can get my hands on bayonetta 2 (and monster hunter ultimate , didn't get tri but will get this HD remake)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fappy said:
Why would anyone want to kick a Dolphin in the vagina? that's just cruel!
Hey man, dolphins are assholes.

I'd kick one square in the babymaker for the sake of porpoises everywhere.

Kirex

Jun 24, 2011
Well, not gonna buy it then. Except on the chance that there will be many more games on the Wii U that interest me. Who knows.

SixWingedAsura said:
Joke's on the haters. Being one of the (4) Nintendo fans on the Escapist, I'm not only getting a Wii U, I might just pick up Bayonetta 2 (even thought I wasn't a huge fan) just to spite the haters! I'm actually looking forward to the Wii U, and I hope Nintendo grabs even MORE console exclusives!

CRY MORE MAN-BABIES! YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS! :D
No need to be a dick about it, jeez.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
ZippyDSMlee said:
Unless nin bought it out right it should go multi after 6-12 months.
The article says that Nintendo is publishing it. Think. How many current games that come out that are published by Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony, are multi-platform, going on the consoles of rival companies?

I certainly can't think of any.

Unless within your said six to twelve month span Platinum games is bought out by Microsoft or Sony and they bought the IP from Nintendo(Who will now hold the Bayonetta IP), then I don't expect the game to be multi-platform anytime soon.

That statement is in relation to when Microsoft bought Rare and a vast many of its IPs, considering how the two Banjo-Kazooie games that Nintendo published are now on XBLA with a Microsoft sticker instead of a Nintendo one.

Of course that is an example of an old game going to a new system, but as I said I can't think of any current big name console maker and publisher exclusive game that has been moved to a competitor.