Games Only You Seem To Know Exsist

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Terramax said:
Anything on the Sega Saturn. Such as this...

AC10 said:
Starfighter 3000
I dare someone to tell me they've played it.
Snippin' the image!
...which I owned on the Saturn. I still remember the track 'Death By Stereo'. Catchy song that. Was a fun game to play.
Well, I guess you win! I played it on PC actually, but it was great fun. I loved the fully deformable land, the first game to my knowledge to implement that.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
You are empty [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Are_Empty], obscure little russian FPS.
Sure, there are many things that could be improved, but I liked it very much :)

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
ForestFox said:
ethaninja said:
Zoombinies. Or Heavy Gear. Or at least, nobody talks about them anymore.
God I miss heavy gear.

Also Mechwarrior, Phantom Crash, Gex: the gecko, propcycle, Dark Sector, Rayman, and Perfect Dark.

I am really disappointed in the 1991+ crowed of gamers who think they have played alot because of the new streamlined FPS's and Western RPG's.
Ah Gex and Mechwarrior, Mechwarrior was one of my favourite games when I grew up =)

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Around here, very few people seem to know about Folklore, which was by all means a flawed game, but that didn't stop it from being a pleasant experience for me. I do wish more people would know about it, since there was a lot to like about it, especially the character design.

I've played a lot of old games and loved them, since I'm now 21 and I started gaming at 5. Many of these games are hardly famous. Power Strike II, for example. That was an excellent vertical shooting action game on the Sega Genesis (or Master System if you're not American/Japanese).

It's very hard, as well, but in that old fashioned way which just makes you addicted to trying again and again until you feel like a god for how well you play. Every now and then, I play it in front of visitors, many of which have no idea what it is but like it a lot.

AC10 said:
Starfighter 3000
*snip*
I hate to scare you but, I've definitely played that. Many times.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Ubersoldier, The moment of silence, Fallout tactics and Blitzkrieg

Thats all i can think for now.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Seriously, why is there a new "*Insert Desired Medium here* only YOU know about" thread every week? Normally, people are quick to point the finger and call "search bar", but that is NEVER the case in threads like these (save for one other individual). It is such an overdone and redundant topic, and the fact that people continue to participate in these threads just goes to emphasize the irritating levels of elitism present in many people who frequent this site, so desperate to prove that they are "special" by parading around their useless knowledge of obscure indie titles.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Silva said:
Around here, very few people seem to know about Folklore, which was by all means a flawed game, but that didn't stop it from being a pleasant experience for me. I do wish more people would know about it, since there was a lot to like about it, especially the character design.

I've played a lot of old games and loved them, since I'm now 21 and I started gaming at 5. Many of these games are hardly famous. Power Strike II, for example. That was an excellent vertical shooting action game on the Sega Genesis (or Master System if you're not American/Japanese).

It's very hard, as well, but in that old fashioned way which just makes you addicted to trying again and again until you feel like a god for how well you play. Every now and then, I play it in front of visitors, many of which have no idea what it is but like it a lot.

AC10 said:
Starfighter 3000
*snip*
I hate to scare you but, I've definitely played that. Many times.
And I played folklore :D

Distazo

Feb 25, 2009
Conker's Bad Fur Day, an amazingly fun multiplayer for the N64. Although that is pretty heavily scewed because I don't hang out with many other people that play video games and when I try to find it at a trade-a-game they usually know what I am talking about.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
ethaninja said:
Zoombinies. Or Heavy Gear. Or at least, nobody talks about them anymore.
I freaking love Zoombinies! Or at least did -ahem-

I play a bit of gunz every now and then. Best MMO I've played for a long time, but not everyone's type of game. That and it's free. After that I'm pretty main stream.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
In my friend's circle:

God of War series
Gears of Waer series
Prince of Persia
etc.
etc.

Basically everything that's not similar to FIFA 10 or GTA IV.

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
I got this ps2 demo game through my mailbox in 2003
It's about some humanoid figures in robotic suit that looks like motorcycle

makes you look kinda like this:
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/images/drag_racing.jpeg
except robot

since I didn't have ps2 at the time, I gave it to my cousin and I haven't seen it since

Airhead

May 8, 2008
Parshooter said:
I'm pretty sure I was the only guy in town to know that Fallout3 is a sequel
Doesn't the number '3' provide a useful clue?

James Hueick said:
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Though I don't have the slightest clue why....
Blasphemy, I leveled a renegade Imperial Guard base with my Baneblade seconds before I logged on this forum.

One of my favorite slightly obscure titles is Darklands, but I would hardly say it's a game only I know. There seems to be a solid fanbase with websites still up, even though the game must be like 15 years old now. It's just that none of my friends have heard about it.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Among my friends? Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, easily. I had to show them its zany awesomeness!

Also:

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone on Xbox
Skies of Arcadia Legends on GameCube
Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited on PC
Atlantica Online

Then I had a friend turn aroudn and introduce me to Tales series, starting with Tales of Symphonia

SirJewBagel

Sep 25, 2008
Snowboard Kids for the n64. GOD I LOVED THAT GAME....
Jet Force Gemini You can be a dog... That shoots rockets... i mean cmon thats full of win.