Gamings biggest douche.

Horben

Nov 29, 2009
Kodachi said:
Gizmo1990 said:
Besides these guys

For me it has to be Snow from FF 13. Of all the thigs I hated about that game (and there were ALOT of things I hated about that game) I hated him the most. Biggest douche in the universe. A close second for me is Carver from Dragon age 2.
Interesting. I enjoyed the probably unintentional irony of Snow. To me, it felt like he was the only one in the cast that realized he was in yet another write off for the franchise. Everyone else was trying so hard to put emotion into a hollow shell of a story but Snow's dialogue pointed out the absurdity of the narrative by being absurd himself.

He's like that guy at work who realizes the job we're all doing is a waste of time and money so he stops caring all together.
Really interesting way to put it. I figured the actor's voice coach instructed him to go over-the-top and that's what he did.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Radeonx said:
Gamers. We are pretty much all self entitled pricks who expect our every whim to be catered to all of the time.
Hey, speak for yourself. I'm optimistic about my games.

OT: A lot of the characters in Just Cause 2 irk me pretty badly. I gave up on the game's story quickly enough (repetitiveness, poor voice acting, etc) but then I figured, hey. The game has a decent enough engine. I may have stopped quests, but there's still an opportunity for gleeful mayhem!

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
binnsyboy said:
Radeonx said:
Gamers. We are pretty much all self entitled pricks who expect our every whim to be catered to all of the time.
Hey, speak for yourself. I'm optimistic about my games.
So am I, but it doesn't mean that there aren't tons of people who are incredibly douchey customers.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Ordinaryundone said:

This jerk right here! Seriously, he's pretty bad. Manly as hell though, and has a rockin' tan. But anyone who tattoos their initials on their chest is a douche, no doubt about it.
Jecht is such a lovable douche though. I mean, I love him at least. Seymour is waaay worse.

My vote for biggest douche goes to Kain from FFIV. I mean, I lost count how many times this guy double crosses you. I dub thee, douche!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
goldendriger said:
Gary Oak.
Thread/
Nope. The Player in that game. Think about it, Gary has no parents, only his Grandfather, Professor Oak. Oak gives you all of his affection while treating Gary as much the second fiddle, berating his cries for attention. The only way Gary can think to earn his grandfather's approval is to become the pokemon master. Not only do you take this away from him shortly after he achieves it, you do so as his Grandfather walks through the door, and then congratulates you and takes you into the other room to put up your Hall of Fame data, leaving his Grandson alone with his failure.

So... the Player and Oak are kind of dicks...

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
Douchery? You can't really go wrong with Kefka from FFVI. He's a classic villain that's sorely lacking in today's obsession with "grey" villains that you're not sure could be evil or douchey, per se.

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
Kratos he was willing to destroy the entire world and kill everybody in it on his magical quest to.......resolve his Daddy issues?

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
Radeonx said:
...I just don't understand this mentality.

Gamers are customers, and have a right to get a product they want in return for their money. 'Entitlement' is a word that is thrown around by shills a lot these days, but that's just how business works. A restaurant makes money selling customers food they want to eat. A customer that orders steak is 'entitled' to a steak. The same goes for games.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
sravankb said:
David Cage.

He seems to think that his "games" are God's gift to mankind and no one can or should criticize them.
Never heard of him

I personally hated that General guy from Bulletstorm. Tries and acts so tough but he hits enemies softer than a mother's kiss on her baby's cheek.

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
binnsyboy said:
goldendriger said:
Gary Oak.
Thread/
Nope. The Player in that game. Think about it, Gary has no parents, only his Grandfather, Professor Oak. Oak gives you all of his affection while treating Gary as much the second fiddle, berating his cries for attention. The only way Gary can think to earn his grandfather's approval is to become the pokemon master. Not only do you take this away from him shortly after he achieves it, you do so as his Grandfather walks through the door, and then congratulates you and takes you into the other room to put up your Hall of Fame data, leaving his Grandson alone with his failure.

Normally id agree and feel like a jerk. But A- Picking your weakess, B- Popping up at the WORST possible moments, C- Acting like a dick "See ya later HAHA!" "Ill tell my sister not to lend you one, Fag!" So fuck him =P

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Master Chief. Who are you to not break through entire bunkers and slaughter aliens as if it were a game? So what if the developers limited your actual suit capacity to zit, you should be ripping time and space in half!
This actual has some canonical merit.

The covenant aren't so much "Evil aliens" as "Misguided religious f antics lead by a evil alien leader"

Gik

Oct 2, 2011
Idra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUGNVpzB2t0&feature=related

Enough Said.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Have to say, close tie between Duke Nukem, Miranda Lawson and Lightning from ff13.

Lightning is just a bland character, and Square said they'd give her a happy ending. Whilst Vanille is trapped in stasis with no hope of escape.

Actually, maybe it's more Square who are douches...

Miranda constantly whines about how her dad created her to be the perfect woman. Since when was the a bad thing? Come back when you have something to complain about. You get everything handed to you on a plate, and spit on the more likable ones (IE Jack) who have to fight for survival on a daily basis.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
goldendriger said:
binnsyboy said:
goldendriger said:
Gary Oak.
Thread/

Normally id agree and feel like a jerk. But A- Picking your weakess, B- Popping up at the WORST possible moments, C- Acting like a dick "See ya later HAHA!" "Ill tell my sister not to lend you one, Fag!" So fuck him =P
Well yeah, but these are ten year old kids. In the situation I have described, try and tell me year old you would have handled it maturely. In fact, a lot of ten year olds I know would handle it far worse than Gary.