General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Do they even use physical disks? I thought you'd just get a download code in a box
From what I can tell in the article, disks only cover small portion of the game size; the rest is all download.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having a physical disk in the first place, if you ask me

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
From what I can tell in the article, disks only cover small portion of the game size; the rest is all download.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having a physical disk in the first place, if you ask me
So in other words, the disc covers the campaign correct…assuming there even is one?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Didn't they try to downsize the game size with the last game? So wtf is this shit?
Vanguard was downsized a bit. I think it was only 86gb on Ps5.

I think of lot of it has to do with textures in the games. Because Cod games are not very big in terms of scope, and areas the player can see and explore are exceptionally limited, the devs don't bother using lower rez textures for things not relevant. While this makes the games look good, it bloats file size. I also think they dont compress sound files the way they should.

Still 150 is much smaller than the 250 that Cod was back in 2018ish

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
No one's exactly sure. Apparently the disc will have 72 MB worth of data. It's pretty small to compared to the additional download size of 150 GB
I don't know what the size capacity is of a disc but it's probably less than 150gb. So the 70MB of data is probably just a license that flags the system of a purchase and allows you to download and run the game.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just realized what's happening with the MW2 Remake, happened with the Spyro Trilogy Remastered.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Reactions: BrawlMan

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Yep. Even with mods there is a certain point where you just can't polish anymore. And judging by their statement, it sounds like this will be a remake done from ground-up. And I'm sure this time they'll truly reveal more when it's ready, and not repeat CP2077 fiasco
I get the feeling the remake is going to be a 3rd person ARPG to bring it into line playstyle-wise with the (much more successful and popular) sequels.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
According to my friend at Infinity Ward, their official stance is "This is 2022, physical discs are becoming obsolete" Then he put on a pair of sunglasses for some reason.
That's what ReviewTechUSA is saying.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's what ReviewTechUSA is saying.
I wouldn't trust RTUSA. He's nothing more than a glorified tabloid maggot crawling in the pile of shit with the others.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I wouldn't trust RTUSA. He's nothing more than a glorified tabloid maggot crawling in the pile of shit with the others.

I did video game nights with my kids! My favorite story: Wheel of Fortune for the N64. My very young daughter actually managed to beat me and the boy "winning" $1,500 EDIT: Odd as she was really little at that time). She looked at me with these guileless eyes and asked, "Daddy, when will they get my money to me?"
May be habit watching ReviewTechUSA. It used to be a great show. He has gotten very, very odd. Maybe he thinks that helps get clicks?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
May be habit watching ReviewTechUSA. It used to be a great show. He has gotten very, very odd. Maybe he thinks that helps get clicks?
He's nothing, but a click baiter. RTUSA has been doing the same griff since 2014. Dude used to review actual tech, with occasional gaming news, but changed around late 2013. His user name is all in-name only. I stopped watching him after Rich encouraged the harassment of another YT who did nothing wrong, nor acted like an asshole. There are lines you just don't fucking cross!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Best of luck to her. Hopefully she can start to make contents she actually want and enjoy, at her own pace.

Personally, I only watch to see what kind of ridiculous input he has with internet drama. I remember him and Quartering going at each other, and being subscribed to both of them (again, for the sake of entertainment) it was hilarious to see them throwing shades at each other, not realizing they're making themselves look like idiots

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Best of luck to her. Hopefully she can start to make she actually want and enjoy, at her own pace.
Same. I pray she gets well and finds whatever makes her happy.
Personally, I only watch to see what kind of ridiculous input he has with internet drama. I remember him and Quartering going at each other, and being subscribed to both of them (again, for the sake of entertainment) it was hilarious to see them throwing shades at each other, not realizing they're making themselves look like idiots
I do not have the willpower nor the patience for either imbecile.