General Gaming News.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

No! No, no, no, NO!
lol this is like the 00 where every game came with a multiplayer mode that nobody played, except now company are selling them as stand alone and charging full price...

I can think of Control also getting one of those and iirc last of us?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

No! No, no, no, NO!
I am not surprised in the slightest by this, nor am I bothered much by it. It's another multiplayer focused game. Whoopy. :cautious:

Sony doesn't give a rat's ass about artistic integrity. They just use any buzzword to justify their products. Once again, nobody learned their lesson from the late 2000s and seventh generation. I only wish the game the best of luck, as long as it doesn't try to screw over the consumers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I am not surprised in the slightest by this, nor am I bothered much by it. It's another multiplayer focused game. Whoopy. 

Sony doesn't give a rat's ass about artistic integrity. They just use any buzzword to justify their products. Once again, nobody learned her lesson from the late 2000s and seventh generation. I only wish the game the best of luck, as long as it doesn't try to screw over the consumers.
I really liked HZD and have yet to bother with HFW because it's apparently more of the same but without the cool mystery box plot the first game had. So at this point I kind of don't care if they do a MP or a third game.

I considered putting HFW on my XMAS list for people to buy for me if they needed ideas but then I realized I had no urge to actually play it. Especially since I put GOW:R and Ghosts of Tsushima on my list already.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Dear god. Of all faces, why Adam Sandler?
1671289673873.jpeg

It really seems like a dev joke that was supposed to stay buried in the game’s files. Wonder what Adam Sandler would have to say about it.

“I’m taking this to the moon! And you can’t stop me!”

Adam Sandler, maybe
Strong possibility, actually.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Fuck off Square, you have an overpriced collector's edition.

Blizz-Act can fuck off even harder. Does not even come with the game.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

FUCK. THAT. NOISE. I am not dealing with another poor optimization again
There's some speculation that it's a consideration for PCs with drives slower than the PS5s ssd, compensating for that IO bottleneck by loading more data into RAM. if true, still kind of a dumb solution tho, cuz that's a problem DirectStorage exists for.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
There's some speculation that it's a consideration for PCs with drives slower than the PS5s ssd, compensating for that IO bottleneck by loading more data into RAM. if true, still kind of a dumb solution tho, cuz that's a problem DirectStorage exists for.
It still doesn’t negate the fact that their game is somehow far less optimized than plenty of other as-good-or-better looking multi-platform games.