General Gaming News.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So Capcom managed to do the Overwatch Tracer OG butt-pose with Cammy in the Street Fighter 6 reveal, but in a way that doesn't really show off her butt yet still allows us to look at her butt.

Screen_Shot_2023_02_23_at_4.00.08_PM.0.jpgAgonizingSomeAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So Capcom managed to do the Overwatch Tracer OG butt-pose with Cammy in the Street Fighter 6 reveal, but in a way that doesn't really show off her butt yet still allows us to look at her butt.
Cammy and Lena met in a street,
Each of them thought the other was neat.
Wait, did I say other? I meant they liked buts.
A change from street fighting, with kicks to the nuts.

Lena was miffed, cause of Tracergate.
That moment in time that made fans most irate.
"Outrage most wasted, howls made by blighters."
"Bet there'd be no problems, among you street fighters."

Cammy, she paused, thought of buts and poo.
Then remembered, "hey wait now, I've fought Shadaloo."
"Why waste this time, over people most shitty?"
"I've got my fists and my boots, for foes more's the pity."

So with a wave and a wink, both slunk into night.
Both on the streets, with battles to fight.
Lena, a pilot, fought for Overwatch,
While Cammy, well her thing's to punch in the crotch.

...man, that was weird. 0_0

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

View attachment 8054View attachment 8055
Japan also doesnt give a fuck if people dont like their sexy characters or posing.

I saw an article where someone asked Akira Toryama why there werent black people in Dragonball. He said, "Because it is a Japanese manga made for Japanese people. It is our show not yours." Like full stop shut it down. He went onto say, "People and times change all over the world. But in Japan they do not. Our demographics do not change the way other places do. They (black people) do not live here."

While thats probably not 100% true. Their might be a handful of different ethnicities living there its incredibly small. Japan is very strict about who they give land and property to long term. It's difficult for foreigners to make Japan a long term home from what ive heard from people already living their.

Oh found the article sort of.

Attachments

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Japan also doesnt give a fuck if people dont like their sexy characters or posing.

I saw an article where someone asked Akira Toryama why there werent black people in Dragonball. He said, "Because it is a Japanese manga made for Japanese people. It is our show not yours." Like full stop shut it down. He went onto say, "People and times change all over the world. But in Japan they do not. Our demographics do not change the way other places do. They (black people) do not live here."

While thats probably not 100% true. Their might be a handful of different ethnicities living there its incredibly small. Japan is very strict about who they give land and property to long term. It's difficult for foreigners to make Japan a long term home from what ive heard from people already living their.

Oh found the article sort of.
Yeah, but that's not exactly a good thing though, is it. Also, Capcom isn't stupid; they're not just making Street Fighter for Japan only. They've learned to steer away from the more stereotypical depictions of other cultures over the years too. I doubt we'll ever see african zombies in grass skirts and spears from them again.

And Toryama can be all stubborn and seemingly almost proud that Japan does not change its demographics, but that's what's put the country in the stagnant state that it's in now. The fact that he says he only makes Dragon Ball for japanese people when he obviously knows how popular it is outside of Japan speaks volumes. And like you said, there are in fact different ethnicities in Japan. There were different ethnicities in Japan before Westerns even set foot there. So Toryama can piss off with his bullshit. He doesn't want to draw black people, then he doesn't want to draw people, but don't give me this 'there's no black people in Japan, so there'. There's also no space humans who have tails and ride around on magic clouds in Japan. Oh, and I doubt the women in Dragon Ball are representative of women in Japan neither, and that's just me talking about the hair color. Just say you don't wanna and move the fuck on Toryama.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, but that's not exactly a good thing though, is it. Also, Capcom isn't stupid; they're not just making Street Fighter for Japan only. They've learned to steer away from the more stereotypical depictions of other cultures over the years too. I doubt we'll ever see african zombies in grass skirts and spears from them again.

And Toryama can be all stubborn and seemingly almost proud that Japan does not change its demographics, but that's what's put the country in the stagnant state that it's in now. The fact that he says he only makes Dragon Ball for japanese people when he obviously knows how popular it is outside of Japan speaks volumes. And like you said, there are in fact different ethnicities in Japan. There were different ethnicities in Japan before Westerns even set foot there. So Toryama can piss off with his bullshit. He doesn't want to draw black people, then he doesn't want to draw people, but don't give me this 'there's no black people in Japan, so there'. There's also no space humans who have tails and ride around on magic clouds in Japan. Oh, and I doubt the women in Dragon Ball aren't exactly representative of women in Japan neither, and that's just me talking about the hair color. Just say you don't wanna and move the fuck on Toryama.
There's also the fact that anime is now mostly made with a bigger demographic in mind now. Not every single anime is made in mind for a Western or Worldwide release, but a great amount of them are at this point. It's also why I praise the creators of shows like Cowboy Bebop, Afro Samurai, FMA 2003 & Brotherhood, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Michiko & Hatchin, MHA, Kill La Kill, Promare, Naruto, Bleach (used to be a fan), Black Lagoon (an anime/manga I really don't like) and even Attack On Titan (even though I don't like the show). Black people or non-Japanese dark skinned characters are not drawn like nor act like racist stereotypes, and behave like actual people. Hell, even the new version of Shaman King, the creator got his head out of his ass, and actually drew black characters not as racist stereotypes. This especially goes double for Choco. The name is still stupid though.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

View attachment 8054View attachment 8055
All we really need is one single person to complain on the official forums and they'll change the power just like they did with Tracer.

Or maybe it's okay because Cammy's fist covers her crack, I don't really know the rules anymore.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
All we really need is one single person to complain on the official forums and they'll change the power just like they did with Tracer.

Or maybe it's okay because Cammy's fist covers her crack, I don't really know the rules anymore.
The only ones that really complained about Cammy's and Rainbow Mika's ass cracks were ESPN (hypocritical shits) during Street Fighter V's e-sport tour. Capcom's not working with them anymore for the next game, so there'll be about zero complaints. If anyone does, Capcom nor anyone else with actual sense will care.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Dead Space 2 Remake? Oh absolutely I will buy it
Dead Space 3 Remake? Ehh unless they plan to retcon the whole game, and that cliffhanger dlc ending (Yes, I'm still annoyed with that ending)
Dead Space 3 I think would need an entire gameplay redesign considering it's apparently built around co-op. I've never played it, just heard what others have said about it.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

I’m sure this would work out great! /s
If they were willing to put the effort into making something truly amazing, I could see this being a viable strategy. But that's not the Ubisoft we've seen for the past half decade, but rather one that keeps trying to wring every bit of cash out of all of it's cows and watching them die from exhaustion one by one.

AC might be the only one left at this point but 4 project pretty much feels like instead of getting 1 great project we'll probably be getting 3 bad-mediocre ones and maybe one good one if we're luckily.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
They could probably revive old franchise at this point, like a prince of persia would probably work (maybe don't sell the ending as DLC this time). Or, hear me out, a new IP, crazy I know. Oh and drop the U play bullshit.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
They could probably revive old franchise at this point, like a prince of persia would probably work (maybe don't sell the ending as DLC this time). Or, hear me out, a new IP, crazy I know. Oh and drop the U play bullshit.
But we already tried something new with Hyper Scrape! And people hated it. We don't understand why people hated it so much!
-Ubisoft PR exec, probably

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Wasn't there some test footage of a New PoP that got canned? It looked interesting. So of course it got canned.

Reactions: BrawlMan