"Get back to your own countries!" Says illiterate woman on tram O_o

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Heh she reminds me of Americans bitching about Mexican immigrants.

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
John Prior said:
The bit where she nearly caused a fight. That's where the law comes in.
Also the freedom of speech is NOT unlimited, State secrets and anything that can cause a breach of the peace. (what she was doing) is not included in your right to free speech.
I swear Law should be a mandatory subject is schools.
(And yes I know I fail at spelling but I'm dislexic so I don't care)
I agree with all you said. Here in Poland we actually have two classes, called "Knowledge about Society" which is about human rights and Polish law; second called "Basics of Economy" about consumer rights, taxes and other things. Mostly boring as fuck, but I can't say noone told me I am breaking this and this law.

Also, the last sentence shows plain disrespect for us, readers of your post. Start caring or stop saying "fuck you" at people, please.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
You could have reminded this shining example of a briton, that her country still remembers and celebrates their capital "victory over China" for the control of opium drugs. History is full of 100 years long empires made by rapidly expanding savages.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
this isnt my name said:
He took German I + II in High School, but that's rudimentary stuff.

I took Spanish I-IV and I still can't hold a conversation with anyone who speaks it. Though I can get a general idea through words I do know.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
thejackyl said:
Wow...

And I thought America was the worst place when it came to "Go back to your own country".

Personally, Immigration doesn't bother me. Diversity doesn't bother me. The thing that bothers me is when people immigrate and expect that country to bend over backwards to cater to them. If you are going to move(permanently) to a new country, make an effort to learn the new language.

A friend of mine from school moved to Germany, it took him 3 weeks to learn fluent German And I know people who have lived around where I live for 20+ years and haven't even attempted to learn English.

Sorry if any of the above sounded wrong: I'm just a little pissed that I got written up at work because a customer wrote in to the store (in Spanish): "I thought the Cashier (name) was rude because he refused to speak Spanish". I didn't refuse to, I told them politely that I do not speak Spanish.
The reason this sparked so much controversy is because it's not heard often, lol. I like to think that Britain is getting a lot better and more accepting of different races, cultures, sexualities, see these big spark ups as a good thing. For example, the two gay men who got kicked out of a bar for kissing publicly, one little complaint on youtube and hundreds of people turned up the next day, gays and none gays just to prove a point and kissed outside the pub. We look after each other and that's whats important, whether we are from that race, culture or sexuality or not.

If one woman on a train ranting about going back to your country is this big, this talked about, this offensive to all races in the UK, then it just goes to show that we are lightyears more developed and more accepting than we used to be.

Of course there is still racism, sexism etc, we'll never 100% escape from it, but I can safely say that as a black person growing up in this country, I've never once felt treated differently. Maybe it was behind my back, and I certainly can't speak for all blacks, because I know of quite a few family members, friends etc who have suffered some form of racial abuse / deprivation, but its nice to know that not EVERYONE suffers that. My mum for one wouldn't be where she is now if this country was as bad as one might be lead to believe.

theseworlds

Oct 26, 2009
This really isn't shocking in the slightest for me. In my experience, "Go back to your own country" is the general consensus of white, working-class, english speaking Australians. People walk around with shirts saying "Love it or leave it". Surely the rest of the world knows about the Bondi riots? The amount of racism to anyone ethnic looking, and especially those that can't speak english, is pretty high, and probably shocking for people new to the country. But, it's just part of regular life here. The woman in the video really didn't say anything overly surprising to me.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
(copypasta'd from other thread)

Is it even surprising that indigenous Europeans are frustrated with how much their countries have changed? This woman sums up what a lot of people feel, albeit in a less extreme way. It's a shame, evident even in this thread, that people have been so brainwashed by the PC, cultural marxist mainstream media into believing that mass immigration and multiculturalism is good for Britain and Europe, that we should just sit back and allow our country - and cities in particular - to become so culturally and racially confused. Apparently it's considered "racist" to even suggest that Britain is still a White country, let alone state that it should remain one.

I'm perfectly ok with a minority of non-Whites/non-Europeans permanently residing in Britain. As long as they stay minorities which cannot significantly influence UK politics or attempt to impose their own cultural + racial values upon the British, English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish people.

That woman was drunk though. Her words may have been heartfelt, but she'll be regretting them in the morning... it was an unpleasant rant, and she does not do Britain any favours by voicing her anger in such a vulgar, inarticulate manner.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
zehydra said:
MelasZepheos said:
zehydra said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
oh and out of the woodwork they came...

I don't know if it's illegal to be racist in Britain, but it doesn't really make sense to arrest somebody because they say something which offends somebody in a public setting, since that would be a slippery slope with no well-defined end to it.

I do think that the public transportation system should be allowed to kick her off the train though.
So you don't think that verbally abusing someone on the grounds of race in public is worthy of arrest? She not only insulted and attacked anyone on the train who wasn't white, but she also directly abused at least one black woman. We have laws about public disruption specifically to deal with people like this.

It is illegal to be racist in Britain, and before you counter with 'America land of the free', they have laws about public order disruption and racism in America too.

Otherwise it would be entirely legal to say whatever you wanted in public, and that would be absurd.
No, it is not worthy of arrest. They can and should however keep her off the train if they want. If she refuses then, they should be able to arrest her on the grounds of trespassing (or some kind of other law you want to enact that deals directly with this issue)
Well actually I suppose it doesn't matter what you or even I think, because the law is very clear.

Under the Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006, the laws regarding breaches of the peace and disorderly conduct, this woman should be arrested. (UK)

If she was in America, then under whatever the state had as a law about disorderly conduct as well as racial relations laws she would be arrested.

What you think doesn't matter at all, because the rule of law both for America and Britain is clear. She incited racial hatred, she disrupted the peace, and she was guilty of disorderly conduct. Would you like me to find more laws she was guilty of breaking?
I never denied that she was breaking any laws. I was merely stating that she shouldn't be. That is, it is my opinion that there is a problem with a law which states that you can be arrested for inciting one person to act violently against you, regardless of context.

I don't really care too much about racial laws in Britain since the racial situation over there is quite different than it is over here.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
boag said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
hmm... your right, we should punish people who express an unpopular opinion! I mean why let people have the freedom to express themselves?! Outrageous! *sarcasm*

Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
Also I thoroughly recommend you really assess your thoughts and make sure you know what you're talking about before you bring sarcasm into a human rights debate with a trainee journalist.
Well I know someone I wont trusting for news now.
Hilarious. What, because you can't stand the fact that I understand freedom of speech better than a few people here? Whatever, I doubt a UK based journalist will weep over one lost Mexican reader, albeit a petty and childish one.

flyingwithsharks

Nov 6, 2010
"I've got a little boy here!"

Oh, well carry on then. That makes it all better.

"Britain is fuck all" because of ignorant, pathetic trash like you.

I hope the kid gets sent to live with someone else. Someone better.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
Wouldn't say racist, she didn't use any racial slurs per say.

She obviously one of those ignorant extreme nationalist, who hate anyone not of her country of origin. She also doesn't seem to understand that anyone born on the British Isles, is British. Anyone who obtains citizenship in Britain is then British.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Everyone condoning this as 'expressing an opinion' or saying she should be allowed to because of freedom of speech need to understand that there is a difference between tolerating people of different opinions and blindly alowing people to say anything they want.
Freedom of speech is there to protect people who want to speak out against the government or whatever, it isn't there to allow people to promote prejudice or incite racial hatred...

Think about this. Isn't verbal bullying or verbal abuse basically just making heard an opinion? Yet you would probably agree that bullying isn't something that we should just allow. How is this very different?

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
Fun fact: Freedom of Speech doesn't exist in England. That is becsuse we don't have a constitution that defends therefore arresting her is okie dokie.

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
The HUGE irony is that most English people are descended from Nordic and Germanic invaders who conquered England, not its original inhabitants.

People are so ignorant

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
John Prior said:
I hate my Country sometimes.
Also "your not British your black" what a stupied statement. Its not like there have been Black people in England since the 1600's. Hell Othello by Shakespere is a story with a Black lead who is in a mixed marrage.
Othello plays in the mediterranean and the title character is a Moor not a black african. The portrayal of blacks and muslims in 1600's european arts and literature was for the most part negative and stayed that way until well into the modern period...

that being said, is something known about the mental condition of this woman?