"Get back to your own countries!" Says illiterate woman on tram O_o

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
Racist? Sure. About as eloquent as a pig being raped? Definitely. Illiterate? Probably not. Unless you've got some evidence to back that up.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Nergy said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
hmm... your right, we should punish people who express an unpopular opinion! I mean why let people have the freedom to express themselves?! Outrageous! *sarcasm*

Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
She is not protected by freedom of speech, she's being abusive to members of the public and inciting racial hatred, i don't know how either of those are opinion.
I'll admit that I don't know UK law, so I can only speak from an American perspective. That said, if it was in America, she could not be arrested for saying something racist.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
hmm... your right, we should punish people who express an unpopular opinion! I mean why let people have the freedom to express themselves?! Outrageous! *sarcasm*

Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
Also I thoroughly recommend you really assess your thoughts and make sure you know what you're talking about before you bring sarcasm into a human rights debate with a trainee journalist.
Your occupation doesn't make your opinion more valid than mine, and as I sarcastically pointed out, it goes against the right to express yourself when your told that you can't state an unpopular opinion. I rather not take the same approach that the CCP takes towards freedom of speech.
I didn't say that. What I was saying is that your sarcasm seemed to imply that I didn't really know what I was talking about, whereas I'm telling you I certainly do.
For the last time dude, it is not simply because her opinion is unpopular. She was also violating the Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006, a UK act saying you cannot stir hatred against someone based on race or religion.
CCP? Please tell me you're not comparing UK law to Communism.

Broknhead

Oct 26, 2011
pulse2 said:
zehydra said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

oh and out of the woodwork they came...

I don't know if it's illegal to be racist in Britain, but it doesn't really make sense to arrest somebody because they say something which offends somebody in a public setting, since that would be a slippery slope with no well-defined end to it.

I do think that the public transportation system should be allowed to kick her off the train though.
I think it was a bit more than that, she was technically 'harassing' which would be the same as me walking down the street shouting racial insults at any Indian, White person or Chinese person I happen to pass, I would be arrested, and rightfully so, my behavior was uncalled for.

To make matters worse, her language was aggressive, insulting and foul in front of children.
i dunno if i agree with that, ive never seen a non-white arrested for being racist.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Uuugh and yet you continue with the sarcasm. I feel kinda bad because you're kind of setting yourself up to look silly.
<link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_infliction_of_emotional_distress>Welcome to the intentional infliction of emotional distress law.
What I speak of is not a right like a political right, in the same league as human rights, but rather a right induced by common law.
I admit that I'm ignorant about UK laws, but from the link you provided, at the bottom stated that such common laws have conflicted with the first Amendment, and that it was ruled against the person who filed the IIED claim.

Another example of this sort of speech is aloud, is the WBC protesting funerals, or Nazi's marching down in Skokie. Granted the Nazi's needed a permit, but they still did it, which I think would have cause Jewish people IIED

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Uuugh and yet you continue with the sarcasm. I feel kinda bad because you're kind of setting yourself up to look silly.
<link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_infliction_of_emotional_distress>Welcome to the intentional infliction of emotional distress law.
What I speak of is not a right like a political right, in the same league as human rights, but rather a right induced by common law.
I admit that I'm ignorant about UK laws, but from the link you provided, at the bottom stated that such common laws have conflicted with the first Amendment, and that it was ruled against the person who filed the IIED claim.

Another example of this sort of speech is aloud, is the WBC protesting funerals, or Nazi's marching down in Skokie. Granted the Nazi's needed a permit, but they still did it, which I think would have cause Jewish people IIED
Uuuh...I think the case of Adolf Hitler overtaking and ruling the entirety of Germany-

You know what, nevermind. No offence but I don't even know how to portray just how much of a mismatched comparison that is.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
anthony87 said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

Don't be ridiculous. We should punish people who break the law to abuse others for absolutely no reason. It isn't that it's unpopular, she's actually infringing on other peoples' rights.
Woodsey said:
DressedInRags said:
You keep being legends, lads.
Other peoples rights? What right? The right to not be offended? lmao, video explains it all:
No.
Nononononnononono.
As much as I love Steve Hughes and that video in particular....no.

You seem to think that people are just over-reacting to being offended while in fact woman was hurling racial abuse at the people around her. Would you say that the reaction to the KKK should be "You're offended! I don't care!"? Now don't get me wrong, I was surprised to learn that she had been arrested but I can certainly see the logic behind it.
I only included the video because it expresses how I feel about people having the "right" to not have to hear racism and arrest anybody that expresses such opinions. However, I don't agree with the women at all, but I think that she has the right(idealistically) to say what she wants, as long as its not "fire in a movie theater". However it has been brought to my attention that in England there is a different interpretation of what rights people have to express themselves.

Nergy

Jul 21, 2011
Volf99 said:
Nergy said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

She is not protected by freedom of speech, she's being abusive to members of the public and inciting racial hatred, i don't know how either of those are opinion.
I'll admit that I don't know UK law, so I can only speak from an American perspective. That said, if it was in America, she could not be arrested for saying something racist.
This has already been explained to you, she was not just "saying something racist". She was being aggressive and inciting racial hatred. You can disagree with how UK law deals with people like this, but you can't watch that video and say "she's just expressing an opinion".

It's stop being opinion when you direct it at someone's face like she does.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:

Also I thoroughly recommend you really assess your thoughts and make sure you know what you're talking about before you bring sarcasm into a human rights debate with a trainee journalist.
Your occupation doesn't make your opinion more valid than mine, and as I sarcastically pointed out, it goes against the right to express yourself when your told that you can't state an unpopular opinion. I rather not take the same approach that the CCP takes towards freedom of speech.
I didn't say that. What I was saying is that your sarcasm seemed to imply that I didn't really know what I was talking about, whereas I'm telling you I certainly do.
For the last time dude, it is not simply because her opinion is unpopular. She was also violating the Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006, a UK act saying you cannot stir hatred against someone based on race or religion.
CCP? Please tell me you're not comparing UK law to Communism.
I guess I have a different idea of what "freedom of speech" means.
I wasn't comparing "communism" to a UK law, I was comparing an example of the UK telling people what is ok and what isn't ok to say, to the PRC telling people what is ok and what isn't ok to say. That's it.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Ugh, I stopped watching that halfway through. Sometimes, I like to think that those times are over but that's just far too idealistic. Funny thing is, her ancestors probably also immigrated to Britain at some point. Of course she'd never acknowledge that. I bet she'd be the first person to run away from England if the country got fucked up.

Well, apparently she got arrested, which isn't very surprising. What she was doing isn't just offending people or expressing ones opinion.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Lilani said:
pulse2 said:
She's horrible and ignorant, I won't deny that, but how does being racist makes her illiterate?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illiterate

I think the second and third examples sum up my "illiterate" point rather clearly, with regard to the first example as well, because based on what she stated, its obvious she did no reading whatsoever (I don't know if she can write, that's a different thing altogether). She lacks culture or cultural understanding, her abuse is baseless, she shows clear signs of lack of education, I don't quite know why I need to explain myself. :/ Nor am I the first and only person in Britain to see that video and think she's clearly illiterate.

I've had debates (not arguments) with educated racist people and with people who had a big issue with illegal immigration, weighing up the pros and cons, looking at the weaknesses versus the strengths, she doesn't demonstrate any of that, she simply shouts over everyone else with "Fucking this", "Fucking that", complete lack of regard for the fact children are on the tram hearing all of this.

If you are going to be a representative of your people and country, a patriot, you can only convince others through your actions, a positive representative. Heck, even if I was an extremely racist British white person who hated all other races I would be embarrassed to be associated with her.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Volf99 said:

Uuuh...I think the case of Adolf Hitler overtaking and ruling the entirety of Germany-

You know what, nevermind. No offence but I don't even know how to portray just how much of a mismatched comparison that is.
I should have clearified, they were Neo-Nazi's and it was a big controversy but in the end, it was aloud. Here is what I'm referring to:
http://www.kansaspress.ku.edu/strwhe.html

I hope this clears things up.