"Good" Characters who are actually kinda assholes.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Rayne870 said:
Whisper and Thunder of Fable, the two are completely consumed by pride and Whisper will go to the lengths of taking immoral quests just to "compete" the Hero of Bowerstone.
Well Whisper's not so bad. She's just the friendly rival. But Thunder, he's definitely an asshole. There's no pleasing that guy, no matter what you do, he's determined to hate you.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
The Kid from Bastion, you literally exterminate everything you see through out the entire story all the while Rucks says it has to be done. Yes, we can trust a Mancer when it comes to what has to be done....

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Profesor Oak:

Sends children (including the Grandson who he only remembers his name as "Dickweed") on a quest to find and capture and catalogue dragons, ghosts, beings that can rip open your mind, monsters that wreck cities, Elderich horrors from beyond our universe, and GOD ITSELF, giving you nothing more than a pat on the back if you somehow do this.

Trig0n

Nov 9, 2010
Kain from the Legacy of Kain series. At the start of Soul Reaver he rips off Raziel's wings and throws him down into an abyss where he burns for an inconceivable amount of time. Just because he grew wings first.

Sure there are some thinly justifiable spoiler filled reasons for it if you feel like playing through every game and getting punched in the face with time paradoxes until your teeth start to taste like the future.
Still. The dude's kind of a dick.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Renegade Shepard - For someone trying to save the galaxy, it seems he is trying to take it over for the most part. :mad:

Nathen Drake - ...We all get that one.

recruit00 said:
Every paladin ever in D&D. Seriously, those guys are assholes.
<--- Is a paladin.

... T_T
I don't know what to say about that.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Rule Britannia said:
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Concerning the companions guild in Skyrim

The Companions from Skyrim...Sure you're helping people in Skyrim but you're a group of WEREWOLVES. The Silver Hand are the good guys in that story line.
Yeah, 'cept the silver hand murder anyone and everyone in sight - werewolf or not! Plus Farkas seems to be able to control his...
wolf self and doesn't attack you when he turns into a werewolf

Oh and it's got some of the most badass characters in Skyrim!

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Helmholtz Watson said:
I like the guy, but Kratos is kind of a murderous asshole.
Are you kidding? Kratos is "kind of" a murderous asshole the same way water is kind of wet.

OT: Gordon Motherfucking Freeman. *ahem*

Let's begin with Half Life 1, shall we? It's pretty straight forward, after all. All Freeman really does is look out for himself while SPECTACULARLY failing to prevent an alien invasion. That's...pretty much it. But then, in Half Life 2, he's somehow become some sort of fucking Messiah. That obviously makes no sense, but whatever. Maybe retellings of his actions have been exaggerated over the years. But by the end of Half Life 2, that excuse is rendered moot. Let's examine all the results of Freeman's actions:

1. Within hours of his arrival, Freeman successfully leads the Combine to the Underground Railroad, effectively destroying the Resistance's only method of getting people out of the city and leading to a LOT of dead Railroad guides. Remember this one, it'll be important later.

2. He then leads the Combine straight to Black Mesa East, destroying their primary base of operations and leading to Eli's capture. Now, you could argue that The Combine already knew the location of Black Mesa East thanks to Mossman, but then...Why didn't they destroy it earlier? And they weren't still trying to steal the Resistance's teleport technology, since Freeman finds a functioning teleport in Nova Prospect just a few hours later. The Combine had no reason to wait, therefore, they can't have already known the Resistance's location, and THEREFORE...Freeman led them right to it.

3. He manages to get all the way to the Combine center of operations and what does this MIT graduate do? He starts banging shit together at random, resulting in an ENORMOUS explosion. Now, I know what you're thinking. "The Combine caused that explosion to open the portal!" No. No they didn't. They just took advantage of the situation to open the portal. In other words, they didn't actively cause it, they just didn't fix it, either. Now, the effects of this Freeman-caused explosion are so far reaching, they get their own separate number.

4. Obviously there's gonna be massive casualties from all the citizens that weren't able to escape the city, but it's actually even worse then that. The people that DO escape have no idea where to go, thanks to the collapse of the Rail Road. They'll probably die out there in the wilderness. And even the ones that somehow reach a Resistance Base are screwed. Think about it: Before Freeman got there, the Resistance only ferried people out of the city a few at a time. Now, they've got THOUSANDS of new mouths to feed, and a Combine that's on the offensive. Where the fuck are they going to get the resources to deal with that? They can't. Freeman didn't SAVE the citizens of City 17, he DISPLACED them.

Gordan Freeman: Saving everyone, even if it fucking kills them.

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
Spider-man from The Amazing Spider-man game(I did like the movie much better than the older ones).
Basically he is Alex Mercer in that game. He sees exactly what his presence does to the other cross species in the intro but refuses to leave so he is responsible for them getting out and terrorizing the city and he is the one who turns Dr. Smythe completely mad, later he knows the cure is untested and yet tries to give it to Gwen and paralyses Smythe when he takes it making his mental condition worse.
He is responsible for all the problems in the city just as much as Alex Mercer(not the Blacklight virus, the actual human Alex Mercer who takes the virus and puts the events of the game in motion) is responsible for everything in Prototype, difference is Alex is never called a hero even in the first game.

KINGBeerZ

Apr 22, 2012
Morrigan, technically a good guy but a massive cow. She has no concept of kindness or empathy ( making her a sociopath) and she full on dissapproves if you try to do some righteous grey wardening (it's a word, that crazy templar said so).

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Rule Britannia said:

The Companions from Skyrim...Sure you're helping people in Skyrim but you're a group of WEREWOLVES. The Silver Hand are the good guys in that story line.
I dunno. I'd hope it'd kinda have an effect on people even deciding to become bandits/the like. Bandits no doubt get killed all the time by guards/soldiers, but then people start hearing about bandits being found mauled and teared to pieces, that might make more of an impact.

It's a little morally grey, to be sure, but I wouldn't say they're bad guys.

And the silver hand don't care if someone's did something wrong or not, they just kill and torture werewolves. They're effectively racists. Sure, being against a race of terrifying hairy beasts has more reasoning to it than most racism, but it's still an extreme prejudice to call for the death of ALL OF THEM.

Just watching a review of the Wonder Woman pilot on Thatguywiththeglasses right now, and holy shit, wonder woman in that is full on terrifying at times.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
Rule Britannia said:

what's wrong with werewolves? as long as they buy the chickens and slaves before they kill and eat them they aren't doing anything illegal. you are discriminating against my people and i will sue you for racism. i just hope im the one who can execute you

as for the evil good guy :commander walker from spec ops the line. seriously. he just waltzes in there, murders half the survivors, helps with the destroying of the water supply and then he walks away whistling innocently.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
link. He brakes into your house, robs you and breaks your stuff. Massive jerkface

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Robb Stark.

Became a dick to everyone the second he became king, murdered Lord Karstark, and trusted the people who were obviously going to betray him...what happened to him was not sad.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
JC Denton is one of my favorite game characters, but at times he could be the biggest asshole on the planet, often to the point of hilarity.
Example:

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
They've probably got games, but the 2 guys that annoy me most when I hear the bleeting lambs; Iron Man (Tony Stark) and Batman.
Tony Stark, is an asshole. The 'Iron Man' persona, by extension, is an asshole.
So is Batman.

Some people tell me they like Tony and Bruce for the exact reason that they enjoy the asshole, to which I call them an asshole and leave it at that.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
StormShaun said:
Renegade Shepard - For someone trying to save the galaxy, it seems he is trying to take it over for the most part. :mad:
...oh ho ho...if that were an option in any of the ME games I would have conquered the galaxy. Every. Single. Time.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
BlakBladz said:
...oh ho ho...if that were an option in any of the ME games I would have conquered the galaxy. Every. Single. Time.
I know I wouldn't do it. But that would make a really interesting ending, work with the reapers, take over the reapers, take over the universe. xD

Better ending then the actual end-...never mind, I noticed how bad that sounded.

Captcha: "that hurts" Shut up captcha...