"Great" games that failed to blow you away

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
World of Warcraft- though I just may not like MMOs where they doesnt seem to be a point to it

And Final Fantasy ____ (besides Crystal Chronicles, strangely)
No one seems to like that game though, but me and my friends really got into it one summer when 2 of us broke a couple ribs skiing.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Mass Effect.

Both of them.
They sucked.

That is all.
Are you familiar with the concept of 'tact'?
Come to think of it that could go for a lot of people around here.

OT: The Guitar Hero series, I tried it once, but just could really get into it. It could've been a combination of the fact that I sucked at it and the fact that it didn't really have any songs I was actually interested in playing.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
s69-5 said:
BloodyThoughts said:
Every Final Fantasy game. (Yes, even 14. I tried it at a friends house and didn't see why so many people liked it.
Um, 14 isn't even out yet...
Um...yes it is. It probably isn't out for you yet. But it's out for me.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
mw2, just boring after like 20mins, i hate most of the maps aswell so that cant help
hmm id also say halo 2 and gta4

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
Dragon Age: Origins.

It wasn't bad, but after the awesomeness of Bioware's other games, it just didn't impress me.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
Mad Stalin said:
these didnt blow me away as ive always refused to aknowledge their existence.
FF
MGS
Sonic
Zelda
GOW
the other GOW
Halo
COD
Bioshock
Systemshock
MassEffect
Quake
Starcraft
Baldurs Gate
C&C 3, Tibirium wars, Kanes Wrath, Red Alert 3, C&C 4
ANY train simulator
Sims
Ludo
RE
trollololol

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
gears of war. I just hate the style the gunmetal gray, the inhuman humans, the lame story, and I just didn't care for the gameplay.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
s69-5 said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Dragon age...Kidding!
Dragon Age: Origins is a good recent example of an over-hyped let down for me. No joke. Wasted $40 on what should have been a rental at best.

Infamous > Prototype but I really don't care for either of them.

Me saying any popular FPS or TPS is like shooting fish in a barrel since I generally dislike those types of games. This includes FPS and TPS games that masquerade as RPGs (not gonna name any names but one of them definitely sounds like Schmorderbands).

However Fallout 3 was fun and I enjoyed it greatly.
Meh, I played Fallout 3 but what turned me down was the DLC.

The games I really want to play is on another console: Mass effect, Fable, crackdown....

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
s69-5 said:
Aura Guardian said:
Yodobama said:
Aura Guardian said:
Half Life 1 and 2
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
God of War 1,2,3
Persona series
Final Fantasy series(Excluding The Crystal Chronicles).
I know there's more
Can anyone say 'Flamebait'?

OT:Fallout 1 isn't really that good, I got bored and quit, never picked it up again.
How so? So far, you're the first person that quoted me and said that.
Nah, I wouldn't call it flamebait (plus I know you better than that anyway Aura).. But I do have a bone to pick with you on your choice of FF games. Crystal Chronicles are among the worst FF games IMO (not as bas as Dirge of Cerberus or Mystic Quest though).

But the main numbered series are among my fave games. My fave all time game is FF: Tactics...

As for GOW, well, that can be an acquired taste.
And the Persona games are great, but I also know you aren't a JRPG fan in general.

I completely agree with you about the COD games though. FPS games suck IMO.
Not all Final Fantasy's I hated(Probably should edit it later)I loved FF1. Hated 2. Loved 5 and 6 and didn't play any other until 10. (Big gap right?)
Then I got FFCC for the Gamecube for my birthday and loved it. The multiplayer was good times.

FFCC being the worst? No way man. But you did say Dirge of Cerberus...uggh. X-2 was pretty bad too.
But Tactics was a good one(Had it on the GBA)
Persona series didn't amuse me. I LOVED Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.

I like FPS's. But it's at the bottom of my favorite Genres. This gen needs more non-FPS fast.(I know that there's some but not a lot)

jgrn307

Mar 15, 2010
Fables (boring, lots of "side quests" that are stupid and irrelevant -- who cares if NPCs like me?), Bioshocks (hey look, I get to fight the same 3 creatures over and over and over again across 2 games), GTA IV and Oblivion: simply got bored with both of them and returned them (yay Gamefly).

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Let's see...

GTAIV was well-written but dragged down by gameplay that defines the word "Awful" (Likewise for TBoGT and TLaTD)
Mass Effect 2 gave the first one a bad name, what with its defilement of canon and the worst plot twist since Bionic Commando
Oblivion was a concentrated dose of narm and de-mersion
Bad Company 2 was...well, it was actually pretty okay
Splinter Cell: Double Agent was a seven-course meal of blandness and mediocrity
Dragon Age was a HUUUGE step down for Bioware
God of War was stupid and repetitive
HALO gave me migraines and bored me to tears (but was okay besides that)
And I'm pretty sure everyone on the forum knows what I thought about Twilight Princess.