Aura Guardian said:
Yodobama said:
Aura Guardian said:
Half Life 1 and 2
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
God of War 1,2,3
Persona series
Final Fantasy series(Excluding The Crystal Chronicles).
I know there's more
Can anyone say 'Flamebait'?

OT:Fallout 1 isn't really that good, I got bored and quit, never picked it up again.
How so? So far, you're the first person that quoted me and said that.
It seemed to me you were just trying to be flamebait by saying several insanely popular series all at the same time that would induce rage and not giving any reason to back it up.

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
bioshock. it was good, but not the life changing event that i had heard it was going to be. maybe it was the hype. i just didn't care about rapture or anyone in it. though i will admit that the scene in andrew ryans office was preatty awesome.

Edit: i believe that bloodythoughts is thinking of FF13. 14 is not out anywhere. unless you are part of the development team i doubt you have played any part of it.

CloakedOne

Oct 1, 2009
Furburt said:
Look, I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I'm just going to come out and say it.

Halo.
The original Halo:CE. Even people who hate Halo 2 and 3 say that Halo 1 was a masterpiece, but I just don't see it.

I mean, it's certainly a competent game and introduced many innovative features, some good, some bad, but as an entertaining experience, it just completely failed to draw me in no matter how many chances I gave it.

After a while, I gave up on it and went back to Perfect Dark.
You sir have stated verbatim how I feel about Halo. I gave it a shot as much as possible just because all of my friends played it but I just didn't see the hype. It's a space marine shooter, nothing more. Anyone who says it was the first is also the kind of person who believes that Stephenie Meyer invented werewolves.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
s69-5 said:
canadamus_prime said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
Mass Effect.

Both of them.
They sucked.

That is all.
Are you familiar with the concept of 'tact'?
Come to think of it that could go for a lot of people around here.
I think you have to expect this in a thread based entirely on negative personal opinions.
I don't agree that ME "sucked" but I can agree that I don't enjoy that type of game.

Maybe I have a thicker skin, being a fan of JRPGs and having to wade through teaming masses of trolls on any thread devoted to the genre. It does get annoying and a JRPG fan shouldn't HAVE to have their threads constantly trolled, but, what are you gonna do, it's the internet...
Yeah I know, but you could at least phrase your negative opinions as to not blatantly piss of the people who do enjoy that which you have a negative opinion about; ie 'tactfully'.

BTW, when I say 'you' I mean it generically, not specifically.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
s69-5 said:
Aura Guardian said:
FFCC being the worst? No way man. But you did say Dirge of Cerberus...uggh. X-2 was pretty bad too.
I, unlike many around here, thought X-2 was one of the series' best! The combat was brilliant (and has been further improved in FFXIII, which uses many of the same principles, just refined).

Since I tend to use female characters in most games I play, the all-girl team didn't bother me in the slightest either...

You just have to take the story for what it is: light-hearted fun.
I tried about 3 times. Still couldn't get into X-2.

The all girl team didn't bother me.

Since I'm getting FFXIII for the Xbox soon, the more I here about it, the happier I'll get.
I still want another Digital Devil Saga. That series is underrated.

Yodobama said:
It seemed to me you were just trying to be flamebait by saying several insanely popular series all at the same time that would induce rage and not giving any reason to back it up.
I didn't think that I needed back-up when the title says "Great". Those titles are considered to be great...just not to some.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Oblivion
Fallout 3
All the Final Fantasy games
GTA 4
L4D2
World of Warcraft
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil 4 (and 5, but I don't really know if that counts as a "great" game)
Gears of War
Ocarina of Time
Red Alert 3
The Sims games and their respective expansion packs
Baldur's gate
The first Splinter Cell on current-gen consoles, can't remember what it's called
There are probably more, but I'm all out of bile.

Oceanofnoise

Mar 19, 2010
MW2 recently went to the bottom of my list of games I liked when I decided to put CoD4 into the xbox and have some fun... What I found was that the first game was alot more fun to play online.
Also I have to say Gears of War 1 & 2 are just mindless shooters that bore the pants off me the only amusing bit was watching the people get burnt by the laser gun called down from space.
And having just played the new Splinter Cell:Conviction demo I have to say way to screw up stealth gaming ubisoft!!

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Bioshock was good, but I think it declined in quality really badly towards the end. Fallout 3 was good for the most part, but it didn't have many standout moments.

Apart from that most of the great games I play have been as good as I'd hoped. Chinatown Wars for the DS, Mario Galaxy and the Orange Box were all awesome.

Lemur_Ninja

Aug 6, 2009
Mirror's Edge- I didn't like the controls or the "story"

Grand Theft Auto series- I get that they are great sandbox games, but I don't like the driving and shooting, which are the biggest parts of the game, besides GTA IV's story.

Gears of War- I was told by all my friends that GoW was "the game to play." I bought the first and hated it- controls, third-person view, and the freaking driving level in campaign. I bought the second one because I was promised that it would be way better and would keep me playing for months... I traded it into GameStop after the first week. Nothing was made better to me, except for the controls which were slightly better to me. I'm probably only going to get GoW3 just to see another Carmine die (yep, I'm psychotic to an extent)

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Lagao said:
BloodyThoughts said:
s69-5 said:
BloodyThoughts said:
Every Final Fantasy game. (Yes, even 14. I tried it at a friends house and didn't see why so many people liked it.
Um, 14 isn't even out yet...
Um...yes it is. It probably isn't out for you yet. But it's out for me.
uhh no its not, Beta hasnt started yet
Pix or it didn't happen!
Just kidding, but here us my Proof! [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75085]

DocBot

The Prettiest Girl
Dec 30, 2009
The Uncharted Series
Raiden series (slow ships in a shmup? no thanks. This doesn't include Fighter's Aces as that was originally slated as other games.)
Indigo Prophecy, I completed it out of spite.
Mass Effect...kinda. I have a love/hate relationship with that one.
And, The grand Theft Autos were enjoyable, just not AMAZING.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Boarderlands was a giant pile of PASS for me.
When my friend co-op'd with me, it was fun. But there's no way I could singleplay that game. The only thing worse than twang (voice acting) is FORCED twang.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
BloodyThoughts said:
Lagao said:
BloodyThoughts said:
s69-5 said:
BloodyThoughts said:
Every Final Fantasy game. (Yes, even 14. I tried it at a friends house and didn't see why so many people liked it.
Pix or it didn't happen!
Just kidding, but here us my Proof! [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75085]
PSST! That's FF13. ;)

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Firia said:
BloodyThoughts said:
Lagao said:
BloodyThoughts said:
s69-5 said:
BloodyThoughts said:
Pix or it didn't happen!
PSST! That's FF13. ;)
Fuck! I forgot the Roman numeral rules! In fact I forogt the other I....I look like a complete dumbass right now XD
Hold on a second...
*facepalm*
*facepalm*
*facepalm*
*facepalm*
*facepalm*!

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Mass effect 2. In the attempt to make the game less flawed than the first one, they made it boring. The thing I loved about the last game was the multitude of weapons and armor. Now you are lucky to find the 4 or so different types of weapons in the game. Plus the game forces you to the boring stuff like upgrade your ship. I just felt jipped. The last game was worse gameplay wise, but I actually felt connected to the character.