Great musicians that died too young.

OuroborosChoked

Aug 20, 2008
Phillosophic said:
Ian Curtis of Joy Division, killed himself not far from where I am living at the moment. A lot of bands from the past 20 years have been influenced by his music.
After watching the Herzog film Heart of Glass, apparently. I can't figure that out. There are far more depressing movies than that... and better movies to go out on.

Kuweekee

Jun 18, 2008
I would have to say Freddy Mercury and Chopin. Not so sure about Chopin tho, since his best music came after he became sick.

Snieeke

May 27, 2008
Jimi hendrix. By the way Mitch Mitchell the drummer of the Experience just passed away. Noel Redding passed away back in 03-04, so now the whole hendrix experience is dead. For me its kind of sad since they are the ones who made me pick up a guitar :(

Dimebag Darrel, he was an amazing guitarplayer.

Layne Staley from Alice in Chains

2pac

Ian Curtis from Joy Division

And to go the old granny way, Id have to say Chopin. Play Eternal sonata XD

Phillosophic

Oct 30, 2008
Snieeke said:
Jimi hendrix. By the way Mitch Mitchell the drummer of the Experience just passed away. Noel Redding passed away back in 03-04, so now the whole hendrix experience is dead. For me its kind of sad since they are the ones who made me pick up a guitar :(

Dimebag Darrel, he was an amazing guitarplayer.

Layne Staley from Alice in Chains

2pac

Ian Curtis from Joy Division

And to go the old granny way, Id have to say Chopin. Play Eternal sonata XD
Shit! Didn't realise Mitch Mitchell had died. He was an awesome drummer, really complimented Jimi's playing. Noel Redding seemed like an arse, always seemed jealous/pissed off.

Riicek

Oct 24, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
sirdanrhodes said:
The drowning pool singer Dave Williams!

He sure did let his body hit the floor!
no disturbed sucked, they are one of the things that are wrong with the numetal push

Milkatron said:
For the record, Kurt Cobain should have been aborted so we didn't have to put up with that shit.
no they were actually good, heck smells like teen spirit is still voted in the top 10 of best songs ever, it's probly the number 1 song of the 90s
Popular opinion /= to musical quality, IMO. Someone else mentioned it went 16 posts before Cobain was mentioned, that's because the thread title said "great musicians". Sorry, but I really don't think Cobain makes the grade on that.

Of course music is all opinion anyway, and, all that said, I like Nirvana.

Gotta throw my love in for Shannon Hoon though, if we're gonna be talking vocalists as well. Would have loved to see what that band would have done with some more time.

Phillosophic

Oct 30, 2008
Riicek said:
cleverlymadeup said:
sirdanrhodes said:
The drowning pool singer Dave Williams!

He sure did let his body hit the floor!
no disturbed sucked, they are one of the things that are wrong with the numetal push

Milkatron said:
For the record, Kurt Cobain should have been aborted so we didn't have to put up with that shit.
no they were actually good, heck smells like teen spirit is still voted in the top 10 of best songs ever, it's probly the number 1 song of the 90s
Popular opinion /= to musical quality, IMO. Someone else mentioned it went 16 posts before Cobain was mentioned, that's because the thread title said "great musicians". Sorry, but I really don't think Cobain makes the grade on that.

Of course music is all opinion anyway, and, all that said, I like Nirvana.

Gotta throw my love in for Shannon Hoon though, if we're gonna be talking vocalists as well. Would have loved to see what that band would have done with some more time.
Yay! Someone else showing some Blind Melon love. What's your opinion on the new album by the way?

Riicek

Oct 24, 2008
Phillosophic said:
Yay! Someone else showing some Blind Melon love. What's your opinion on the new album by the way?
I actually like the new album. They certainly can never be what they were with Shannon Hoon, but I thought that with Travis Warren they've been able to maintain what the band was, without making it seem like he's just trying to imitate Hoon.

mkb07a

Oct 11, 2008
Jaccident said:
Nick Drake, this fantastic 60s song writer.
Finally, another Nick Drake fan. I second this, as well as Jimi Hendrix and Buddy Holly. I really, really wish Johnny Cash was still around, though. I know he didn't die young by any means, but it's sad to know he's gone. Not to mention it makes me realize how old Bob Dylan is getting... *weeps*

Nov 28, 2007
Oh...my...God. 4 pages, 114 posts...and I'm the only one to mention Brad Delp? What the hell?

Besides him, SRV, Keith Moon, Dimebag Darrel, Ronnie Van Zant, Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, and Randy Rhoads.

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
Ironic, seeing as I didn't name him in my original post. In any case I'm actually glad he sort-of died because now Death can't ever get worse, they can only get better through constant listening.