Hackers Also Hit Sony Online, Stole 12,700 Credit Cards

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
RelexCryo said:
jakefongloo said:
I just really hate to see this happen to the gamers though. Shit, I am a mild xbox fanboy but i don't give a fuck anymore. These people need to play their damn games! This is like the hurricane Katrina of the videogame world!
Actually, if one were to compare this disaster in the gaming world to a real life disaster, it wouldn't really be Hurricane Katrina. As horrible as that is, it only affected a small percentage of the U.S., and a much smaller percentage of the world. By contrast, Sony's problem affects a huge percentage of the world's gaming population. There is no global catastrophe to my knowledge you could compare this to, every event is either much more serious (such as the meteor that destroyed the dinosaurs) or affected a much smaller percentage of the world's population. Of course, this is assuming you even can compare real life tragedies that cost lives to Sony's security disaster.
Wow my target time for someone taking my post way to litteral was off by hours. shit! I'm talking about it in the lamest sense. I was going to say 9/11 but that seemed a little too insensitive/cliche/obvious. Fine have it you way...wide spread...wide spread..hmm It's the athlete's foot of the gaming world...That didn't even make sense.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
This reminds me of a haiku

Why do you hack code
You know you can't get through my...
Where is my data?

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
JDKJ said:
jakefongloo said:
FUCKING WHY?! What would you possibly buy that you couldn't with the million credit cards you had already? JESUS!
There's a short lifespan to a cloned card. You don't wanna keep that shit forever in your wallet. It's hot. You wanna charge a 62" flat-screen on it (I would recommend the Sony Bravia for the irony of it) and then throw that shit down a storm drain. And then clone you a fresh card with a fresh number. That's why nobody's interested in buying 10 numbers from a cracker. They wanna buy 100,000. Those numbers ain't good but for one or two uses and then you gotta toss 'em.
I don't understand why someone would need any more than 750,000 dollars anymore than that and you're just looking for things to spend it on.

Also, how did you post you're on probation..?

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
jakefongloo said:
JDKJ said:
jakefongloo said:
FUCKING WHY?! What would you possibly buy that you couldn't with the million credit cards you had already? JESUS!
There's a short lifespan to a cloned card. You don't wanna keep that shit forever in your wallet. It's hot. You wanna charge a 62" flat-screen on it (I would recommend the Sony Bravia for the irony of it) and then throw that shit down a storm drain. And then clone you a fresh card with a fresh number. That's why nobody's interested in buying 10 numbers from a cracker. They wanna buy 100,000. Those numbers ain't good but for one or two uses and then you gotta toss 'em.
I don't understand why someone would need any more than 750,000 dollars anymore than that and you're just looking for things to spend it on.

Probation doesn't prevent posting. It just means they're watching you.... ALWAYS WATCHING YOU..... o_O

Anyway, this sucks for sony. I don't blame them for this completely. I mean, not everything can be 100% full proof and to err is human. Plus, the hackers sound like they really know what they're doing. I can only hope that they're caught and Sony can do some damage control without threats.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
Vault boy Eddie said:
Ok SEAL Team Six, now that you're done with Bin Laden, time to start double tapping some of these piece of shit hacking neckbeards.
Ha you get my lol of the week.
Do this seal team 6 and I will plaster my house with posters of you guys.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
jakefongloo said:
JDKJ said:
jakefongloo said:

Have you no idea what in-call hookers and coke can run? That shit ain't cheap, my man.

Ankle bracelet. As long as I don't leave the house, I should be good.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
HankMan said:
PSN stands for PlayStation NOTwork.
All the witty jokes you've made about this whole thing are just fantastic. Keep it up and you'll get a promotion

OT: Oh dear. Come to the green side of the force, we have the better controllers

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Okay, by this point my annoyance has shifted solely to the hackers. There is abso-fucking-lutely no reason to do this other than to be an asshat.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
wsmieszek said:
One question: WHY?
Well they'll be remembered for this more than 500 hours of community service.

Edit: Don't worry guys. I doubt they will use the credit cards. Maybe just ransom them or give out empty threats.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
damn sony really took it up the ass from these hackers i may have only a psp(really hope i never used my card on it) but you really got to feel sorry for sony well at least my xbox isnt likely to have this problem though i have my suspicions on who the hackers might be

Sliverwings

May 1, 2010
When the person responsible is caught, I can only hope that Sony will rip them a new asshole. But until then, I can only twiddle my thumbs.

*twiddles thumbs*

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
zHellas said:
FredTheUndead said:
If they keep this up, they'll ALMOST be in the Apple or Linux territory of incompetence.
Mind explaining that position?

I don't hate you for the post, I'm actually curious as to why you said that. I want to learn! :p
Me too. I'm not an Apple user but I've don't remember Mac's getting hacked. And as a new Ubuntu user, I've never come across any forum posts or new bits about Linux getting hacked (and believe me, I've read A LOT in the past month alone). So I look forward to learning more.

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
As a PS3 owner, I can only sit back and laugh at the absurdity of it all, really.
...and call the bank, which I already have, and a new card is indeed on its way.

Fortunately, I put fake info there to begin with, so the rest of the stuff should be good, and the card is already taken care of, as previously mentioned.

Now, I won't go selling the PS3, because I still believe that it's the best system out there, with the most diverse and fun games... however, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that I will buy another thing from any site affiliated with Sony, and especially not the PSN.

Fullmetal X

Feb 22, 2008
Spy_Guy said:
Now, I won't go selling the PS3, because I still believe that it's the best system out there, with the most diverse and fun games... however, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that I will buy another thing from any site affiliated with Sony, and especially not the PSN.
Well, that's why PSN Cards exist, you know.

Besides, some of the best content these days is made by smaller devs that release through digital distribution. I'm probably not gonna add a new credit card once PSN goes back online, but I know I'm gonna get me some PSN cards when I get the chance.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
Somebody really need to do a in-depth analysis about the capabilities of Sonys' security architecture; To find out whether this is due to negligence in Sonys' side or not.

Beastialman

Sep 9, 2009
koroem said:
Beastialman said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Daaaaaamn.

I wonder how many people at Sony are gonna get fired for being completely incompetent.
Only the IT guys, every executive is going to get a raise.
This is probably the sad truth. I wouldn't be surprised at all.
If it happens I vote we spread around a "Boycott Sony" thing... which will be remembered for a week and forgotten. Damn I hate the internet sometimes.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
Mr. Omega said:
Yeah! Go hackers! Take care of big, bad EEEEEVIL corporations like Sony! Who cares that you're likely going to put millions of people out of work? Who cares that you are performing a felony on millions of people? Who cares that your selfish actions are causing nothing but misery? Who cares that people are being denied a simple service all because you wanted to go hack big, bad Sony? You're taking on an EEEEEVIL corporation, so that makes it all ok!

...God I hope this fucker is killed on his way to the courtroom if when he gets caught...
hacker my bum. Sony stored the data in plain text, and should have had an intrusion detection system in place to stop this kind of madness. face it, your average 13-18 year old bored European with slightly above average skills could have raided this data from Sony.
be glad it