Hackers Also Hit Sony Online, Stole 12,700 Credit Cards

Pyrokinesis

Dec 3, 2007
dragongit said:
Wow... you'd think they would have seen this coming... whoever these hackers are, they have a vendetta against Sony.
Second that notion. Obviously some harbored hate and a way to get sony into some SERIOUS legal issues. Almost Ironic that Sony seems to be good with lawyers.. Like to see them undig that hole in one piece.

On-topic: Glad I didnt bother with PS3. Not to say Xbox isnt as vulnerable but Xbox dosent do much to piss-off its computer savy locals.

It seriously must have been unprepared/un-updated systems for a leak of this proportion to happen undetected. Thats almost negligence of vital information. If it takes that long for them just to figure out "Oh hey BTW someone stole all our important info", then they need some more work done on their systems. I feel some sympathy for those whos info was stolen, but none what-so-ever for Sony, thats just negligence.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Ok SEAL Team Six, now that you're done with Bin Laden, time to start double tapping some of these piece of shit hacking neckbeards.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
AbstractStream said:
Drummie666 said:
*Goes into fetal position and cries* *Wished he got a PC instead of a mac*
I'm sorry, I found this funny XD

But really, I feel bad for Sony...just a tiny bit. Not much.
Don't. Preventing the hackers from obtaining the information in a usable form would have taken minimal effort and the fact that they didn't encrypt or hash nearly any of people's information is absolutely inexcusable.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Pyrokinesis said:
dragongit said:
Wow... you'd think they would have seen this coming... whoever these hackers are, they have a vendetta against Sony.
Second that notion. Obviously some harbored hate and a way to get sony into some SERIOUS legal issues. Almost Ironic that Sony seems to be good with lawyers.. Like to seem them undig that hole in one piece.

On-topic: Glad I didnt bother with PS3. Not to say Xbox isnt as vulnerable but Xbox dosent do much to piss-off its computer savy locals.

It seriously must have been unprepared/un-updated systems for a leak of this proportion to happen undetected. Thats almost negligence of vital information. If it takes that long for them just to figure out "Oh hey BTW someone stole all our important info", then they need some more work done on their systems. I feel some sympathy for those whos info was stolen, but none what-so-ever for Sony, thats just negligence.
Have you ever spent time searching for a television remote control that you had in your hand just moments before you couldn't find it? If so, how long did it take you to eventually find it?

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
This is fucking ridiculous!!! These greedy, selfish, sad little pricks just won't stop. The intial breach wasn't enough? Ruining the fun and personal security of millions ISN'T ENOUGH?!? I'm not usually one for random threats of violence and death, but I want the hacker or hackers responsible for this to die in a fire.

Feb 9, 2011
Poor, poor Sony. I honestly feel bad for them. It's just one thing after another for them. :<

Swifteye said:
Sorry, I had to. [http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html]

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
MrMisfit said:
This is fucking ridiculous!!! These greedy, selfish, sad little pricks just won't stop. The intial breach wasn't enough? Ruining the fun and personal security of millions ISN'T ENOUGH?!? I'm not usually one for random threats of violence and death, but I want the hacker or hackers responsible for this to die in a fire.
They're not "hackers!" They're "crackers!"

So feel free to refer to them as "jive-ass crackers." : P

Mar 9, 2010
Mr. Omega said:
Yeah! Go hackers! Take care of big, bad EEEEEVIL corporations like Sony! Who cares that you're likely going to put millions of people out of work? Who cares that you are performing a felony on millions of people? Who cares that your selfish actions are causing nothing but misery? Who cares that people are being denied a simple service all becuase you wanted to go hack big, bad Sony? You're taking on an EEEEEVIL corporation, so that makes it all ok!

...God I hope this fucker is killed on his way to the courtroom if when he gets caught...
Actually, I'm pretty sure that this has nothing to do with Sony being 'evil'. In fact, I'd wager that it was all for selfish gain; that the hackers are selling on this data to people planning on committing fraud. If they were doing it to be mean to Sony then they would have just DDoS'd the shit out of them, not stolen all this information.

But God, I hope you're right and not me. That much data will fuck absolutely everything up for a lot of people.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Holy fuck! At this point I'm glad I got rid of my Sony TV and my Sony Ericsson cell phone. I think I'll go around the house and put red cones on top of any Sony products I find.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
Poor, poor Sony. I honestly feel bad for them. It's just one thing after another for them. :<

Swifteye said:
Sorry, I had to. [http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html]
Oh great grammer jokes. I don't like those. Alot.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Oh what the hell is this?! Seriously, don't hackers have anything better to do?!

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
Wow.

Just... wow.

Yeah, everyone can get hacked. I understand that if it's connected to the internet, it's hackable. But this is just getting silly.

gamer_parent

Jul 7, 2010
Well, we got George Hotz who just declared his boycotting all Sony products just 2 months prior. If you ask me, I think it is entirely possible that the vendetta started there. I'm not saying he personally mobilized the hackers, but I wouldn't be surprised if his situation has something to do with it.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Wait what does someone have to do in order to use Sony Online, II ask cause I have no idea if I have used anything requiring my info for this, someone please respond, what is Sony Online and what games, etc, use it?

Edit: I played DC Universe Online for a period of time on the computer, does that count? And if it does, how would I find out which card I used? (I tend to use a few and would rather not cancel them all)