Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
ark123 said:
GonzoGamer said:
ark123 said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ahhh the pre-E3 flamebait.
Nobody does it like MS.

Really this isn't too surprising. Halo has a lot of rabid fanboys.
It is surprising when you consider how easy it would be for a sony fanboy to just throw in something about how many playstations 1,2 and 3 combined were returned for spontaneously breaking for no good reason though
True but the rrod isn't as relevant as the 360's penchant for eating discs... and digesting them from the looks of it.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/disc%20scratched%20by%20360/realitymaniac/IMG_0227.jpg
This is probably one of those copies of Halo 3.
Jesus Christ, are you sure the person didn't rub the dvd against a rock or something? Does this really happen a lot?
No it doesn't. That's wear from mishandling the disc. My copies of Halo 3 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion have seen a ridiculous amount of use (200+ hours each) in multiple 360's and they are in perfect condition.

Keeping a disc in perfect condition is as simple as never taking it out of some protective casing except to transfer it to the disc tray for use.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Out of all the games Halo 3 outsold, I have played the following:

Resistance 2: didn't care for it
Uncharted: couldn't get into it
Killzone 2: Didn't care about it and returned it early
God of War 3: Had forgotten I played it about a week after selling it

Halo 3 isn't my favorite entry to the series but I at least got through it and found it mildly entertaining. I only bought one copy though. I wonder about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 though...which platform sold more copies

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
Scott Mansley said:
GonzoGamer said:
ark123 said:
GonzoGamer said:
Ahhh the pre-E3 flamebait.
Nobody does it like MS.

Really this isn't too surprising. Halo has a lot of rabid fanboys.
It is surprising when you consider how easy it would be for a sony fanboy to just throw in something about how many playstations 1,2 and 3 combined were returned for spontaneously breaking for no good reason though
True but the rrod isn't as relevant as the 360's penchant for eating discs... and digesting them from the looks of it.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/disc%20scratched%20by%20360/realitymaniac/IMG_0227.jpg
This is probably one of those copies of Halo 3.
Zoom in on the first picture..

Ok..

1... That's a blu-ray disc as far as I can tell.. The 360 doesn't use them.. I'm guessing that's a ps3 disc?

2. The 360 does not do that type of damage on a disc, If you move it slightly, It creates a perfect clean circle around the centre of the disc. And only the centre

3. Compare the inner part of the disc to the disc on the second page... Totally different dude :p
Blurays are completely silver underneath, and you can't see any lines.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I'm pretty sure that more people bought Halo 3 than bought a PS3... This really isn't surprising to me. I bought Uncharted 2 and Resistance and never bought Halo 3 so I guess I'm on Sony's side considering that they picked some big games, yes, but they weren't the biggest games. And insert an anti-Halo comment here.

EDIT: Really? Are we trying to start a console war now? Seriously, that's a bit sad. That's exactly what Microsoft wants, people!

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Most of those games are relatively new releases with the exception of Uncharted 1 and Resistance 1, they certainly haven't been around since 2007. Plus that list seems to be missing MGS4 and GT Prologue(the highest selling ps3 games)...pathetic comparison. The idiots at MS like this tool are the reason I stopped buying games for the 360. My money shouldn't fund their stupidity and greed.

Plus the sales figures of the consoles are now at 36 million for the PS3 and 40 million for the 360. 4 million difference but consider the one year head start of the 360 and the absurd price of the PS3 when it first came out. MS can toot their horn all they want but their shit hardware still has a 46% fail rate, how about they fix that before bashing competition

1deano1

Oct 6, 2008
I really don't see how they can compare a game that has been out for what, 3 years? To games that have been out for a maximum of 2. Plus as other people have stated, the 360 is notorious for being a game breaker so people have had to buy multiple copies due to them constantly breaking.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Ummmmmm, so? It just proves that people around the world enjoy fictional shooting more than they should.

What exactly are they trying to prove here? That once you get a 360 and happen to dislike Halo, you are pretty much screwed when it comes to a decent library? Which will not happen either way but I am just saying...

This was quite a punch in the stomach, but still, if I wanna get a 360, I will get it for something like Mass Effect 2. I know it sounds fanboyish (a fact about which I do not give a rat's ass about) but I prefer MW2 to Halo 3.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Nobody but soulless suits cares about sales. Why is this chump's epeen waving newsworthy enough to be its own article?

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Oh dear Christ someone call the Fire Brigade.

Two points though:
* Halo 3 has been out a looooong time so lets have some fairness as far as time goes
* Honestly, who actually gives a shit other than fanboys? It's petty point scoring at its most pure

I've really become quite jaded as far as this whole issue goes, and i sincerely doubt i'm in any way alone with that sentiment

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Aren't there like 6 xbox's against 1 PS3.So the and you have to think that Halo 3 have been given more time,and hype,to be sold then most of the other games.And not all of those games appeal to the different PS users.While most Xbox users,as far as I know,are Halo fanboys.Not all,just most.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Interestingly, Halo 3 is about one sixth as good as God Of War III. Or Uncharted. PS3 games seem to be better quality, but I guess it doesn't correlate with success. Just look at the Wii.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
I think that tells us something about the taste of gamers today.

Man, I miss the nineties.