HARDEST ACHIEVEMENT YOU EVER GOT.

Thatguykalem

Dec 13, 2010
The infamous Mile High Club level. On Veteran.

When I finished it, I was literally screaming with joy. You have to run through it like clockwork. If you accidentally fire one more bullet than you should've, Start > Restart Mission.

It took hours of practicing, preparation, and everything. It was easily the hardest thing I've ever had to do in a game.

sp86

Aug 17, 2009
Thatguykalem said:
The infamous Mile High Club level. On Veteran.

When I finished it, I was literally screaming with joy. You have to run through it like clockwork. If you accidentally fire one more bullet than you should've, Start > Restart Mission.

It took hours of practicing, preparation, and everything. It was easily the hardest thing I've ever had to do in a game.
I did that, I finally figured out the trick is blowing through like Wesley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtLmAarsXo

Tib088

Nov 28, 2009
Killing the Witch with a single headshot on Left 4 Dead, most of the time i missed or it didn't hit the head so I had to try quite a few times.

Edit: Actually no, I have to agree with some of you lot. Mile High Club on Call of Duty 4, when I beat that I was speachless. "I can die now" was all i could say.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
notsosavagemessiah said:
iron boy for super meat boy, complete a full chapter without dying. try it.
That one was a git, but got it in the end after shouting a few expletives at the TV.

The hardest achievement for me was beating Gears of War 1 on insane mode. I was playing online with a random player who it turns out was really bad and died all the time. I basically had to kill RAAM by myself, which was an absolute nightmare. Gears 2 on insane was somewhat easier since the final boss is a joke.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Killing a Cyberdemon with my FISTS. It took forever, but I was constantly quoting this:

Writing of the century, is it not?

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
Beating IWBTG on very hard with just 50 deaths?

I got The Real End in super meat boy today! xD

forsinain42

Oct 14, 2009
Killzone 2. Valor Grand Cross. Be in the top 1% of the weekly world rankings at the end of a week. Thanks to a job and a uni course only had 2 hours or so a day to do it. Every kill counted. Was fun. :)

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
mazzjammin22 said:
soapyshooter said:
Platinum for Assassin's Creed II. The fucking feathers were hard as shit to find.
You actually did that? I commend you sir.

To be honest, I think doing all the hunting and gathering shit in Red Dead Redemption was a huge pain in the ass. I can't remember if I got an achievement for it, yet it was a pain in the ass nonetheless.
i did it too! al you get is a bloody cape D:

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Wedding Crasher for L4D2.

You see, most achievements are really hard because they expect you to have a high level of skill, which is fine, but this requires that your opponents lack skill for them to loiter around one specific area long enough for you to make a charge that has to be lined up extremely precisely in order to get this one.

I hate achievements that put the chance of unlocking them into someone else's hands.

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
Nighthief said:
Probably completing CoD4 on veteran. It actually took a lot of time and effort for me to complete unlike MW2 and Black Ops which basically play themselves.
The ending of One Shot, One Kill. Oh my god, that was hard. But it was so satisfying to run to the heli and nearly get killed with MacMillan on my back.

(Although I once took too long and the heli flew off, making me yell "FFUUUUUUU-" before restarting, AGAIN.)

7amurai

Dec 30, 2010
Achievements related to: Beating cod 4 on veteran (ferris wheel, war room, and mile high club specifically) and beating general RAAM on insane in Gears of War without knowing about the glitch.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I'm on track in my current playthrough to get the "Peace Is Our Business" achievement in Commander: Conquest of the Americas. Percentage of players to achieve it in the five months the game's been out? 0.0%. As in "less than one in 2000".

I've already achieved "Pax Atlantica" (form an alliance with every other nation---1.1% of players have this achievement) and I'm using that to broker peace like a 16th-century United Nations. I'm sincerely hoping to keep the peace at any cost because peace is good for trade, which will allow me to gun for the other long-term wealth and trade achievements like "filthy rich" (make 10 million gold) and "Home Runner Gold" (make ten thousand trips to the home port in one game).

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
I swear someone made this thread like, a few days ago? :/.

Anyway, OT, I never really go for hard trophies and achievements, I'm boring like that.

The veteran ones for MW2 were kinda tough I suppose...and really not fun to do. Felt good once I finished it though...but mmh, the fustration probably makes those the 'hardest'.

Now completing Bayonetta on Infinite Climax Mode...that was FUN AS HELL!.

Edit: Well, technically COD4 on veteran was the hardest, but since I did it on PS3, it didn't have any trophies. Does that count? ><

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
jaketheripper said:
mazzjammin22 said:
soapyshooter said:
Platinum for Assassin's Creed II. The fucking feathers were hard as shit to find.
You actually did that? I commend you sir.

To be honest, I think doing all the hunting and gathering shit in Red Dead Redemption was a huge pain in the ass. I can't remember if I got an achievement for it, yet it was a pain in the ass nonetheless.
i did it too! al you get is a bloody cape D:
You also get the best hammer in the game from it (still doesn't beat Altair's sword though...)

Mile High Club in CoD4 - every knows why
Blowtorch and Corkscrew and the Reichtstag in WaW - first was harder for me since there was no cover at one bit and the second is a nightmare gauntlet run
Beating General RAAM on insane in gears of war (solo - he got stuck on a box after a while)
Perfect co-op in GRAW2 - missions are hard enough normal never mind things like "don't been seen in this area"
Pt in Prototype - those challenges were a *****, one in particular using the APC to destroy other APCs and soldiers

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
"Survive life."

I'm still trying.

Also, what's the matter with Mile High Club?
I beat it on Veteran on the first try. Didn't seem hard to me.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
soapyshooter said:
Seconded, and them glyph puzzles were a load of shite.

It would have been finish BioShock on hard if my Xbox hadn't have locked itself up. And majority of non-quest and level related Fallout achivements.