Have you ever bought two copies of the same game on multiple platforms?

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
The GotY editions of Fallout 3 and Oblivion on both the PS3 and PC.

I got the PS3 versions first, and got the PC versions later for the purpose of pimping them out with tonnes of mods.

bruggs

Jul 29, 2011
I have Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1, PSN and PSP.

And if I had an iphone, you know that sunnavabitch would be on there.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
PLants vs Zombies, on 360 then on PC when it went on sale.

Burnout 3 Takedown and Burnout 4: This game is not as good as Takedown. I bought them both originally for PS3 and bought them both for the Xbox 360 (B3 on their originals service).

Burnout Paradise for the 360 then the PS3. I wouldn't have done this, except the cost of the complete game plus DLC on the Playstation Store was about the price of a single DLC on the 360 version.

Ikaruga for Gamecube then XBLA, since I no longer have a Gamecube and don't own a Wii.

Guitar Hero 2 for PS2 then 360 because it was cheaper to rebuy it and use my existing GH3 guitar than it was to replace my PS2 for one or two titles. I later got a PS3, but that was well afrer.

I think that's literally it.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Fallout: New Vegas for the PS3 at first because my 360 had been thrown away by a friend who borrowed it. With MY Hard Drive still attached with over three years worth of saves and data on it. Then I bought another 360, one of those nice Slim ones and then New Vegas started getting buggy on my PS3 because the file was getting big. By this time, NV had dropped to $20 so I just got it on 360 and been playing it on that ever since.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Not yet, but I will be buying the Metal Gear Solid collection, and buying Metal Gear sSolid 3 for my 3DS.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Counting compilations, let's see Super Mario Bros. (NES, SNES, GBC, GBA, and Wii), Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES, SNES, GBA, and Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, SNES, and Wii), Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (SNES, GBC, and Wii), Dragon Warrior (NES and GBC), Final Fantasy (PSP and Wii), The Legend of Zelda (NES and GCN), Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES and GCN), Excitebike (NES and 3DS), Chrono Trigger (PS1 and DS), Final Fantasy VI (PS1 and GBA), Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis and 360), Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis and 360), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (GCN and 3DS), Super Mario 64 (N64 and DS), Paper Mario (N64 and Wii), Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast and GCN), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox and PC), Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Wii and 360), Fallout 3 (360 and PC), Fallout: New Vegas (360 and PC), The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360 and PC), and Mass Effect 2 (360 and PC).

What possessed me type all of those?

bitCrusher

Jul 3, 2011
bought Blazblue: Calamity Trigger for 360, then for the PSP when it came out for that, lol. that's about it though

SamBargeron

Jun 23, 2011
I bought Mega Man Anniversary Collection for gamecube so that I could watch the documentary on the history of Megaman. I bought Mega Man Anniversary Collection on the PS2 because it actually plays correctly on that system. I got Mega Man Anniversary Collection on the Xbox because my brother decided he didn't want it anymore....

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
I have owned every version of Resident Evil 4 except for PC. I can even tell you the differences between ports.

YaAyala

Apr 23, 2009
Mirrors edge, Saints row 2, GTA: San Andreas and Oblivion all for Xbox and then later for computer.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
I bought Silent Hill 2 on PC when I already owned it on Xbox. A couple of years later though.

I did that so that I could play it forever without having to set up my Xbox again.

Same with KOTOR.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Two days ago, I would have truthfully been able to say 'no'.

But, yesterday I snatched up UT3 for the PC real cheap. Already have the 360 version.

I figured the modding potential was worth it.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Yes. When my gaming PC crapped out on me, I switched for a cheap laptop and a PS3, and a lot of games didn't work on my laptop. So I rebought Oblivion/Shivering Isles, Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4, Devil May Cry 4 and Trine for PS3. Also Silent Hill 5, but the Steam version never worked for me, so even though I bought it twice, I only played it on PS3.

Oh yeah, and I bought the God of War Collection, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones HD, Beyond Good & Evil HD and will buy the Silent Hill Collection on PS3, even though I've owned them all on PS2.

Actually, I've bought Beyond Good and Evil four times; I got it on PS2 when it came out, traded it in a couple of years later, bought it on PC (boxed) after regretting selling the PS2 version, then again on GOG when I upgraded (downgraded?) to Windows 7, and finally the HD rerelease on PS3. I guess that makes up for the people who ignored this gem.

Zorpheus

Aug 19, 2009
I sometimes buy enhanced versions of games I've previously owned, if that counts. For instance, Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX, then later buying FFT: War of the Lions on PSP.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
All the games I had for my 360 I got again for my PC.

I moved over to full time PC gaming so had to redo my entire collection.
Uh... why'd you do that? You are aware that you can game on more than one platform at once, right? Well obviously not at the EXACT same time, but you know what I mean. Your PC isn't going to get jealous if you decide to go back and play on your 360 every once and a while.

OT: Yeah, once. Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I initially bought the PS2 version, but then I tried out the 360 version at my sister's place and thought it looked better so I went and got it too. Plus I think it had a better roster too I think. I also ended up by the Gold version to which ended up being a waste of money.

qaz00

Mar 29, 2011
The Orange Box/Portal:
I bought The Orange Box for PS3, then bought The Orange Box on Steam for my (then new) gaming laptop, and then I heard about the extra levels in Portal: Still Alive for Xbox 360 so I went and bought that too.

Half-Life:
Bought it for PS2, then years later bought it on Steam.

Morrowind:
Bought the Xbox version. Hated the controls so went and bought it for my PC (at which point it ran at 2fps. Doh.).

Oblivion:
Bought the PS3 GOTY version. Friend then gave me it for PC for my birthday.

Sonic Adventure/SA2:
Bought it for Dreamcast. My GameCube came bundled with both of em.

Pikmin:
Owned the GameCube Version. Bought Pikmin: New Play Control for Wii only to discover the controls were near unplayable.

MrSnaztastic

Apr 3, 2010
Depends on if there's a big enough difference between the versions for me to shell out the cash and buy a game again on a separate platform. I'm pretty comfortable with my PS3, but there's times when I've gotten a title a second time for PC. Either because of certain features or to play with friends who didn't have a console.

The big one is GTA IV. I loved it on PS3 but when the PC version came out and had that video editor, I just had to snap it up immediately. Since then I've dived into the epic mod scene that surrounds the PC version of GTA IV and thoroughly transformed my game. Have a mod to use my PS3 controller with it, so I've never gone back to the console version.