Help me see into the mind of a guy.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Ha that guy kinda sound like me in my sociology class :p So what if I have a girlfriend?! I'm just window shopping!

nofear220

Apr 29, 2010
Chancie said:
There's this guy in my college math class who's always staring at me. We sit on opposite sides of the room, and I'm constantly catching him looking over at me. I'm one row behind him, on the opposite end. Unfortunately, I've never really had the chance to talk to him or anything like that.
Note, if it helps: Yes, he looks away when I look back. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.
If a guy stares at a girl and looks away if she looks in his direction, he's into her but is too shy or doesnt know how to strike up a conversation. If he just keeps staring at her when she looks back, hes and insane rapist. So be glad it seems like he's into you.

Chancie said:
Can staring really equal interest? I thought maybe it was only girls that did that, but I could be wrong...
Really? I though it was more guys that stare, and girls were more discrete about it ಠ_ಠ

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
BlackStar42 said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Here is how the male mind works...

Go to a mirror in a T-shirt.

Look at your chest and think "boobs..."
99% might be pushing it. 80% is closer to the mark I'd say. Not getting caught takes up the other 19.99%.
Couldn't you see I was making a jo-

*Sees avatar*

Umm... yeah, your completely and utterly right... you fine, fine, fine man you are...

Please don't hurt me.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
As long as he's not doing the "creepy stalker" stare, then yeah, he's interested.

Most guys like that, though - the thing that would make them happier than anything is for the girl to initiate contact.

You see, most men are cowards. Oh, if someone offended your honour, they'd fight to the death to defend it. That's not the kind of cowardice I mean. No, it's social insecurity. An intense fear of being "shot down." Everyone starts with it. Some get over it faster than others. But nothing can give a confidence boost like the girl taking the first step for them.

Weird but true.

So what you must ask yourself is: are you interested in him?

Thebiggestpanda

Nov 18, 2009
To be honest you shouldn't worry about it. If he's catchin your eye just meet his gaze and give him a smile. If he won't hold eye contact, he might be shy so maybe subtly give him a chance to strike up converstion with you one day. You could always take the direct aproach and talk to him, it wouldn't hurt. What really matters here is if you are interested. If you are then just give him an opening to make a move.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
open trap said:
Well there are two reasons i can think of, one hes spacing out and you or something near you is a good focal pint or yes he thinks your attractive. unless he close enough to look at your work seeing as i dont know the distences between seats.
This, happens to me all the time.
Girl: "Stop staring at me! Creep!"
Me: "...Ada...wait..." (wakes up from civics class hibernation}"I'm alive!"
Girl:"Weirdo..." (Flips me off or some-such)

OT: Where is he staring at? Depends on where his eyes are focused...
Chest/ legs: Normal guy, just bored or tired. Maybe trying to read your shirt.
Face: Longs for conversation, doesn't know how to talk.
Shoulder: Just trying to drive you nuts. Staring at people's shoulders does that.

Trust me. I'm smart.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
He may possibly be a terminator sent from the future and is assessing wether you are his target. Does he speak in a broad Austrian accent?

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah, he likes you. It's just that "intimidated by girls we like" syndrome many regular guys are afflicted. We generally tend to speak casually and fine with those we don't, but for the ones that we don't want to seem like retards to... Well, yeah.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Chancie said:
Alright, I need your guys' opinion on something.

There's this guy in my college math class who's always staring at me. We sit on opposite sides of the room, and I'm constantly catching him looking over at me. I'm one row behind him, on the opposite end. Unfortunately, I've never really had the chance to talk to him or anything like that.
Note, if it helps: Yes, he looks away when I look back. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

My sister is convinced he's got a thing for me. I'm not sure, and I don't want to try anything and sort of "jump the gun," so to speak.

So, I'm asking you guys because I don't really know how the male mind works with that sort of thing. Can staring really equal interest? I thought maybe it was only girls that did that, but I could be wrong...
Help me, please? :/
Probably likes you. In fact, I'd bet on it.

Those of us from the male population tend to look before we talk. No creepiness intended.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
SL33TBL1ND said:
Strike up a conversation with him. If he acts all awkward, he's got a thing for you.
That or if he tries to show off, and the harder he tries, the more of the hopeless romantic he is.

I say if he does any, just point and start laughing at him, then call him a loser and leave.

Oh, and then the next day start flirting with the guy you find the most attracted to while the other guy watches....>=)

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Kittenmauler said:
ottenni said:
The mind of a guy is a simple thing. At any one time he is either thinking 'mmmmmmm boobs' 'mmmmmm food' or 'mmmmmmmm sleep' or any combination of the three.
That is an unfortunate stereotype. I think about video games a lot too.
I also think of other things, sometimes I am working, and about half the time I am working I even think about work.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Odds are strong that he thinks you're attractive. If you think he might be worthwhile I say talk to him.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Why are people so shy?

Nomanslander said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Strike up a conversation with him. If he acts all awkward, he's got a thing for you.
That or if he tries to show off, and the harder he tries, the more of the hopeless romantic he is.

I say if he does any, just point and start laughing at him, then call him a loser and leave.

Oh, and then the next day start flirting with the guy you find the most attracted to while the other guy watches....>=)
Oh wait...

Mr Montmorency

Jun 29, 2010
Kobie said:
If he can't man up and talk to you, then he likely has some serious self-esteem issues. And with those issues come other issues. Just consider yourself forewarned ...
Yeah, and when you dismiss him for such trivial shit like that, you fuck him up in the head and simply make his problem worse, when you could have been nicer by talking to him, when he clearly has some problems and could really need a friend, at the very least.

There's also a difference between introversion and extroversion as well. If anything, if a low self esteem guy is talked to, I guarantee, he'll be fine within a few days that somebody was nice enough to talk to him.

I was one of those people. Obviously. Why the hell do you think I keep posting in these topics? Maybe I'm trying to skim any new relationship information out of desperation while employing my "I'm an asexual" shield.