Here Is Your First Fallout 4 Trailer

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
infohippie said:
The very first thing that came to mind, and which still dominates my thoughts, was "Yeah, that's nice, what about my Elder Scrolls 6?"

Ftaghn To You Too said:
Why are they calling it Fallout 4, when there was no Fallout 3? It went Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, and New Vegas.
Lol, Fallout 3 was the only one that was any good. Even New Vegas lost me to boredom less than a third of the way through.
Eh, they were all good, 1 and 2 have to be judged on what they were at the time, and New Vegas is really great considering they had 13 months to slap it together. But then, I liked Fallout 3 alot and i've been a fan of all of them. My only regret is the lack of dummy dialogue :(

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Genocidicles said:
Vault101 said:
there is some implication in the trailer that the PC is from pre war and perhaps Vault111 was into long term stasis/cryogenics, I also notice there was the "welcome home" tagline in thee somewhere

just pure speculation but I think its a neat idea if its true
Ugh that's somehow even worse. It just seems so... trite. Didn't Rage do that?
No, Rage did it completely differently. It was an asteroid that blew stuff up, not Man.

And I'd be down with that whole cryo thing. They had it in Fallout 3, in vault 112, which was only one number off.

The experiment would be: Every so often release one of those poor fuckers who just enjoyed the apocalypse what seems like minutes ago into the bombed out ruins of their old homes, and when they kick the bucket get their Pip boy, and see how they did.

Opens up the option for some hardcore survival mode where everything hates you, and it's essentially a sandbox endurance test.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Willy Rogers said:
infohippie said:
The very first thing that came to mind, and which still dominates my thoughts, was "Yeah, that's nice, what about my Elder Scrolls 6?"

Ftaghn To You Too said:
Why are they calling it Fallout 4, when there was no Fallout 3? It went Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, and New Vegas.
Lol, Fallout 3 was the only one that was any good. Even New Vegas lost me to boredom less than a third of the way through.
Eh, they were all good, 1 and 2 have to be judged on what they were at the time, and New Vegas is really great considering they had 13 months to slap it together. But then, I liked Fallout 3 alot and i've been a fan of all of them. My only regret is the lack of dummy dialogue :(
I don't know what it was about New Vegas, but I just did not like it. I wanted to like it, I tried to like it, especially since I had rather enjoyed FO3, but for some reason I can't seem to put my finger on I found it frankly dull.

Still, the important thing is WHERE IS THE NEXT ELDER SCROLLS? Stop wasting time on Fallout, Bethesda, and get cracking on TES6!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
soren7550 said:
Guys, guys, guys! I just had a thought! If the player character is voiced, that means there will be fully voiced player characters with very low Intelligence! (see #1 http://www.cracked.com/article_2053...ne-detail-into-stuff-you-didnt-notice_p2.html)
Hmm...That would be neat. :)

I wasn't really for a voiced player character, but if they can put in some bits like this for us to actually say.

xD I didn't actually know about this being put into NV because I always had high intelligence. Turns out, being smart is helpful.
Apparently, dumb can work a lot too though. ;D

Hope the other specials do that junk too.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Nope, I am not impressed. Not gonna get burned by another Fallout game..

Show me some GAMEPLAY footage.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
To me this looks like more of Fallout 3 with Bethesdas new engine. And im fine with that.

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Hm, all this pre-order stuff happening right after the announcement. I'm thinking a spring release. Maybe MAYBE a release this year, but I doubt it.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Couldn't get into Fallout 3. Left the vault, looked around at all the brown and just wanted to go back into the vault. This looks like it has some colour though so I'll keep my feelers out for it but I won't buy into all the hype.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
So, here's something to be extra super hyped about if they get it right:

You may be playing as a pre-war character. Yup. Before the bombs dropped.

See, Vault 111 was one of the vaults equipped with stasis chambers, so it's entirely likely that Bethesda will make you play a character who is waking up from stasis to explore this new world, which would be awesome. Also, I'm guessing if they do do that they might have a few sequences or flashbacks to old pre-war times, which will be really cool to see.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see all the flying stuff and I really hope they include some form of vehicle this time. There would be nothing cooler than Mad Maxing around the Wasteland with that dog riding shotgun (or taking the wheel when you need to shoot a deathclaw from the safety of a high speed vehicle). Still, all of the new stuff seen already makes me hyped. The hype train has officially left the station, bound for Mount Awesome, with a potential turn-off to Mount Disappointment if someone forget to make the rails work properly.

EDIT:

Also, that dog nosing the little cradle is the cutest fucking thing. Stupid cute awesome dog, you are almost definitely gonna be killed by the writers for a sad moment.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
Wow that looked....really dated to say the least. I am sure there will be plenty of content and lots of exploring as with Fallout 3 but I am definitely not impressed from a visual standpoint. You could have told me that was last gen game and I would have believed you, the texture on that dog..yikes. I'm sure it will be a cool game in the end but that trailer definitely took a little wind out of my sail.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Looks nice 'n all, but how exactly does this differ from Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Because it looks like the same thing; Vault dweller, shopping carts, dog companion.

So is this going to be just the usual buggy dungeon crawler we're used to from Bethesda? Because if it is I see little reason to get excited over this. Certainly not when The Witcher 3 is around.
Meh, keep trying to get into Witcher, but I just can't get over the combat. The story seems pretty good, but it's like reading a book written on razors, every page turn hurts and I can't play it for more than an hour or so without starting to get bored of it because of the character control. Might be I'm just spoiled by the Souls series, they have such fantastic control of your character and playing Witcher after them doesn't feel anything close to satisfying. It's the same thing that prevented me from playing Witcher 2 as well :(

OT: The hype is real! I have to confess, I'm a huge fan of Bethesda's TES/Fallout games (including F:NV, though I preferred F3 myself for the story/world), but yeah, can't wait for Fallout 4 to hit. I wouldn't even mind it being more of the same, I just hope it doesn't get the Skyrim treatment (it's a good game still and I enjoyed it, but they just made certain RPG elements a lot more shallow compared to the previous games).

Willy Rogers said:
Hm, all this pre-order stuff happening right after the announcement. I'm thinking a spring release. Maybe MAYBE a release this year, but I doubt it.
My money's on this year, mid-November. They tend to release their games in November and it feels way too early for a trailer like this if they're gonna release it next year (for Bethesda, mind you).

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Inb4 game looks better but Bethesda said "screw it we rather show lower graphics than overhyped graphics and get backlash".

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
This didn't really do much for me. It just looks like Fallout 3 - part 2, which i suppose wouldn't be terrible. I do hope Bethesda's writing has improved. The plot for FO3 was kind of terrible.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
$70 on steam right now to pre-order.
I wonder if there'll be a sale before it's released? :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I feel like I'm being trolled. I'm told the new Tomb Raider trailer looks like crap, and THIS is somehow the second coming of Jesus?

It's aesthetically/thematically the exact same as the last game. I had enough Fallout 3 when I finished Fallout 3!

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
soren7550 said:
Guys, guys, guys! I just had a thought! If the player character is voiced, that means there will be fully voiced player characters with very low Intelligence! (see #1 http://www.cracked.com/article_2053...ne-detail-into-stuff-you-didnt-notice_p2.html)
ICE CREAM!

I hope that if characters are voiced, that there will still be a range of characters and conversations. My big concern, given the sheer volume of dialogue likely to be in the game, that if they are voiced we are likely to be stuck with "generic man voice" and "generic woman voice" and that the dialogue options will be the same for each character in each playthrough. I hope I'm wrong though.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I mean, i want to play it, but it does look a whole bunch like fallout 3.
I was hoping for a bigger graphical upgrade, but I'm still looking forward to it quite a lot!
And this might mean i can actually run in on my pc. And that would be downright lovely. I think. Either way, looking forward to more news regarding this.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
Lil_Rimmy said:
So, here's something to be extra super hyped about if they get it right:

You may be playing as a pre-war character. Yup. Before the bombs dropped.

See, Vault 111 was one of the vaults equipped with stasis chambers, so it's entirely likely that Bethesda will make you play a character who is waking up from stasis to explore this new world, which would be awesome. Also, I'm guessing if they do do that they might have a few sequences or flashbacks to old pre-war times, which will be really cool to see.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see all the flying stuff and I really hope they include some form of vehicle this time. There would be nothing cooler than Mad Maxing around the Wasteland with that dog riding shotgun (or taking the wheel when you need to shoot a deathclaw from the safety of a high speed vehicle). Still, all of the new stuff seen already makes me hyped. The hype train has officially left the station, bound for Mount Awesome, with a potential turn-off to Mount Disappointment if someone forget to make the rails work properly.

EDIT:

Also, that dog nosing the little cradle is the cutest fucking thing. Stupid cute awesome dog, you are almost definitely gonna be killed by the writers for a sad moment.
I dont want vehicles put into the game i think adds to the feel of the game having to walk for miles in the dangerous wasteland for miles to get from place to place. I rarely use the fast travel system in these because of this reason. I think this time around i might even try hardcore mode. "COS IM A REBEL"