Hideo Kojima a "Huge Fan" of Twilight, Judging Fan Art Contest

Mar 16, 2009
I don't really know what to say... I love Kojima, and everyone has their own tastes, but this is a little disgusting.
Kudos on the MS Paint job, that image made my day.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
LeonHellsvite said:
holy hell, please don't get any ideas for the next MGS game involving twilight ><
Well he already included a vampire in the series. Wouldn't surprise me if he made a game that elaborated on Vamp's story/ character.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I find this disturbing. Kojima + Twilight = WHAT?! It's just one of those things that don't make sense to me. Maker of something bad ass loves a literary abomination?

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
HUBILUB said:
... I've lost respect for Hideo Kojima. I just... damn it. This pisses me off to no end. This just proves that no matter how awesome someone can be on what they do, they can still have opinions that make them look stupid. At least in my eyes, Hideo Kojima is a little dumber for this. MGS is still one of the greatest series ever, but Hideo... He just isn't as awesome as before.
Bad writing attracts bad writing. What else can I say?

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
How can someone who loves story so much that he made mgs4 half movie (not that it wasn't a damn good movie) like something like twilight that took the preexisting story of vampires and there greatness and smashes it with a hammer until there's nothing left but a mangled mess of (animal)blood and giblets?

May 28, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
I can agree with that about the movie. In fact, I plan on writing a review about it for a friend's site. But the books, on the other hand, are depressing. And that last one is fucked up, big time.
I loved the movie. There was an unlimited amount of material to make fun of. I've never been so entertained. Ever.

And as for Hideo... shame on you sir.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Quick someone get a picture of vamp and make him sparkle in a GIF.

It'll be an internet sensation.

Terramax said:
LeonHellsvite said:
holy hell, please don't get any ideas for the next MGS game involving twilight ><
Well he already included a vampire in the series. Wouldn't surprise me if he made a game that elaborated on Vamp's story/ character.
I'm assuming you didn't play the 4th MGS if you think Vamp is a Vampire :p.

I'd do spoiler tags but anyone in a thread about Twilight deserves some extra punishment.

Bohner239

Jun 4, 2009
Well obviously. What's longer and drawn out and has nothing happen more than Metal Gear? Twilight, of course.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Why should anyone care about Hideo Kojima liking Twilight? I don't see what the big deal is.

Gillespie

Oct 22, 2009
KOJIMA.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE, MAN.

May have something to do with his butt-fetish? Or RAIDEN?

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Terramax said:
LeonHellsvite said:
How do you elaborate on "oh crap I can't logically explain him time to claim that Nanomachines save you from having your brain perforated by a bullet. Also drowning. And being shot in the head again."

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Doktor Merkwurdigliebe said:
Ok, I've seen everything.
I may die now.
The Great JT said:
No! They got Hideo Kojima! Run for your life! Arm the noob pwners and militarize the gold farmers, we're-a goin' to war with Twilight!!
AndyFromMonday said:
I have no respect for the man now.
metalhead467 said:
That's it.

He has lost all credibility.

I think I'm going to jump off a bridge now. GG, world.
olikunmissile said:
Damn him to hell. *changes avatar*
Oh come on, people, calm yourselves. So the man likes Twilight. So what? Plenty of people like Twilight. Some read it to laugh at it, others praise it as the next Bible. Who's to say Kojima doesn't fall under the category of the former?

And besides, I'm not so sure that you showed this much emnity towards Kojima before you saw this.

[Yodaspeak] A fondness for Twilight being made public does not a valid reason to start hating someone make. [/Yodaspeak]

Lithium Calibre

Aug 20, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Darenus said:
..... okay, that's a way to look at the books that makes it understandable again... :D
I don't understand what you mean by that.
How is there any other way to look at them?
ZeroMachine said:
I can agree with that about the movie. In fact, I plan on writing a review about it for a friend's site. But the books, on the other hand, are depressing. And that last one is fucked up, big time.
OH LAWDY
Tha movie.

BEST. THING. EVER.
I watched it like a day before Halloween, and I swear to you: I have never laughed so hard.
I actually passed out from dry-heave laughing for two hours straight.
Whoever made that was a genius.
Sarcasm please? The avatar suggests otherwise, too each their own I suppose.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Why should anyone care about Hideo Kojima liking Twilight? I don't see what the big deal is.
I concur with the internet sea monster here, what is the big deal?

So the guy likes a book series, who cares? I've never read Twilight ever, don't plan on it, but do I care if people like or not? Why should I care in the first place, let him like what he wants to like.

You_have_a_name

Feb 25, 2009
WOW people on this website really hate twilight its really gay and i know they sparkle but i actually think its good and have never met someone who has hated it :p

and my brothers a massive twilight fan (yes i said brother) xD