"Holy $@&%, did I just do that?"

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I was playing Halo: Reach campaign the other day.... driving around in a ghost.... I turbo-launched into a grunt and an elite, killing them both, but since the Elite is taller than the grunt this caused my ghost to do a complete barrel roll flip in the air, landing on another Elite and taking him out as well.... I could not believe my eyes.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
What I did: game winning kill in MW2

How i did it: I accidentally hit the throwing knife button right as someone ran around a corner.

Yeah....

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Halo: Reach. Big Team Slayer on Spire. I picked up the sniper rifle and was looking at a fully occupied enemy Falcon. I looked at the gunners. Easy shots, not worth it. Looked at the pilot, a challenge arose. I shot the pilot in the head and the Falcon dropped onto their spawn. But I couldn't save the video as I disconnected while in the process of saving.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
Team Fortress 2:

Playing on a really shitty map called Castle. It's unfairly balanced for the defenders because there's huge stretches of land with no cover and no way to flank. There's also a large open area right behind where the attacking team exits their spawn, perfect for Spies to wait and attack people who come by. I was doing exactly that as a Spy.

Suddenly, two Scouts and a Sniper come out of the base and head towards the Control Point, so I put on a disguise and follow. At the point, they are joined by another Scout. I get really worried because the Scouts are moving around a lot, and if they bump into me, I'm screwed. I decide to take my chances with them, and the instant I ge behind the Sniper, I stab wildly.

I got three kills in a row, two of them face stabs (where you don't stab someone in the back, but the game recognises it as an instant kill anyways).

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
In Touhou, sometimes I just dodge things that I shouldn't be able to. I'm completely spacing out and loosing track of what I'm doing, and somehow my random blitzing around gathering powerups lets me dodge all the bullets. And the worst part is I realize I'm doing that and die instantly...

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Many KO's in UFC Undisputed were like that for me, like getting hammered all round one, stepped out for round 2 with a hook (no touching gloves) and BAM KO!

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
In MW2, I won a game with a 28 KO ratio,

With only throwing knives.

Against my MLG friend's team.

I actually threw a kinfe, and the game lagged, and it re-apppeared in front of a guys face for the first kill.

That was a good day...

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Megacherv said:
SilverUchiha said:
Dude... the average Soul Calibur II game was like that for me for a long time. I still have trouble remembering how to teleport or fly with Yoshimitsu. But when I pull it off randomly, it looks badass.
Seriously? Teleport is Down+O+X, then left or right depending on where you are and if you want to trick them.

Flying? No idea
That sounds like PS2 controls. I had the Gamecube version. lols. But I'd always just forget the controls whenever I'd start up the game for specific moves like that.

thepj

Aug 15, 2009
I've got a few:

MW2 The enemy had called in harriers and the jet parked itself in the sky, so I came out of my building and got my stinger out, while i was doing that another enemy had called in harriers and as the second jet was flying through the first my stinger rocket hit both of them and blew them both up for 600 points. Cold blooded FTW!

TF2 the map was orange_x_3 you may have heard of it but i joined and our team was getting owned, the last cap point is outside each team's spawn so we were pinned in that general areadeffending, when i changed to pyro, got a medic t heal me and charged when he was at about 50% uber. I caught a heavy by supprise and burned him,ripped through a scout a soldier and a demo to where our spy had just sapped their engi's sentry and homewrecked that and the engi to death before buring everyone else while the rest of my team rushed out to help me, then we stormed up the tower to where their engi were trying to rebuild their stuff, and me and my team destroyed it all and capped the next two points so we could give them a taste of their own medicine

MW2 again and less epic but still cool: it was domination on estate and they'd had B since the start because of two guys in the top of the builing it's in (you know, one fires out and kill eveyone from that really OP position on kill anyone who gets in before they can react even if they get past their team). they'd been giving s a beating since they took B cause they could attack both other points at once and we couldn't get to them even when we controled both of the others. Then towards the end of the match as they pulled out to about 20 points ahead i ran round, into the house, shot two guys and lauched my thumper through the small window and blew up both of those guys, which meant me and my team could attack B and capture it. We lost halfway through the cap but those guys hadn't died all round and i killed them =D

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
SilverUchiha said:
Megacherv said:
SilverUchiha said:
Dude... the average Soul Calibur II game was like that for me for a long time. I still have trouble remembering how to teleport or fly with Yoshimitsu. But when I pull it off randomly, it looks badass.
Seriously? Teleport is Down+O+X, then left or right depending on where you are and if you want to trick them.

Flying? No idea
That sounds like PS2 controls. I had the Gamecube version. lols. But I'd always just forget the controls whenever I'd start up the game for specific moves like that.
Shit...just realised that this is Soul Calibur, not Tekken...and I have no idea how the controls in Soul Caliber work...Down+Both Kick buttons...what's that, there's only one kick button? I have no idea then

Apr 29, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Seven kill streak with a Scout in Counter Strike: Source.
Yes, the Scout. Not the overpowered AWP.
Reminds me of a 4 kill no scope kill streak I pulled off in CS:S a few years ago. It was pure luck, but still awesome.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
dathwampeer said:
Akalistos said:
I'm just going to sum up.

There's a difference between a game and real life (Hope you know that).
You then began to lecture me on the events that took place in the video I posted.
Yeah? Because i hope you knew that! I have responded to a post saying: It could happen. We are talking about video games, it may be cool to see that in real life... but the point of a game is to entertain. It's not entertaining if it happen in game. So why counter with "it happen"?

And, i still asked you what the point. If you go back, you'll see I wrote 2 distinct questions that need answering.
It's still an irrelevant point. I didn't say 'It could happen'.

I said 'It makes it realistic'. Difference being it does happen. And adding it into the game add's realism. Fight night tries to be realistic. Therefore that's a plus to it's demographic.

Also. I did answer your questions. You just conveniently omitted it.

2) It was likely a haymaker. This games equivalent of a lucky shot. It's a high risk attack that if successfully landed acts as if it's a surprise or unexpected power hit. How much damage these do is pretty much random. Which is a good thing.
Questions being: Is it fair? and Should they put a Random chance system in a game of FAIR FIGHT. Since none of them have really been answered yet, i stand by what i have written, you haven't responded to it yet.

I can concur with you on the realism of the thing. It's not a bad thing making a game more realist. The point is, a game is a way to evade, to change reality. You don't wanna play Joe Vascal's Day at the Office 3 - Out of Toner!!!. You want to play something that you haven't see everyday. (Which is funny... There's no athlete that play sport game because it's to close to their life as it is.)
When you play a fighting game, Fairness is EVERYTHING. Think about this for a second (if your not a Spammer): How many time have you play any Street Fighter with people that pick Ken (or Ryu) and spam the Hadouken? Is it fair? No... it's not. It's the same thing. The only difference is that you can't do it on purpose, but that doesn't mean that it's change what it is. It's a Insta-win move.

dathwampeer said:
I'll explain further. -Snip- [Wow, it's like speaking about the greatest film and he pull a book... Sorry, but I know what a Haymaker is. Now, go back on topic!!!! - Akalistos]

A haymaker. (Which this likely was) is a valid part of the game. And it's varying level of power dependant on many factors, adds to the games realism. I don't think I could explain it any better than that.
And here's the problem with it. You say it depend on factors. Can't they make some specific factor (other than luck) To activate it? Remember about the Kill move of Guilty Gears i speak to you about? Insta-win if you pull it off, Impossible to hide what your trying to accomplish (since you glow like a Christmas tree) and you loose abilities ( Tension bar is gone for the match, not the round.) Like your biggest attack. In a sense, couldn't they turn it into a move that you can only accomplish if you hit the Uppercut right the second the opponent stop blocking and is just about to go out of the animation? That would make it fair. Better yet, you fail and you are open for a haymaker yourself. Now that's pretty fair.

And you got your REALIST move while taking random chance out of the equation. Yeah Me!

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Geekosaurus said:
Akalistos said:
Should it happen in video games? NO!
That's your opinion. Many people want game like UFC to be as realistic as possible.
excerpt from Reply to dathwampeer: said:
And here's the problem with it. You say it depend on factors. Can't they make some specific factor (other than luck) To activate it? Remember about the Kill move of Guilty Gears i speak to you about? Insta-win if you pull it off, Impossible to hide what your trying to accomplish (since you glow like a Christmas tree) and you loose abilities ( Tension bar is gone for the match, not the round.) Like your biggest attack. In a sense, couldn't they turn it into a move that you can only accomplish if you hit the Uppercut right the second the opponent stop blocking and is just about to go out of the animation? That would make it fair. Better yet, you fail and you are open for a haymaker yourself. Now that's pretty fair.

And you got your REALIST move while taking random chance out of the equation. Yeah Me!
Yeah Me!

bluemistake2

Sep 25, 2008
halo reach save havens the dude runs inside the save havens i charge at him hes already running inside his foots still just sticking out i cut him and win :D

Apr 29, 2010
bluemistake2 said:
halo reach save havens the dude runs inside the save havens i charge at him hes already running inside his foots still just sticking out i cut him and win :D
Damn, I must be the only person who hasn't played Reach yet.