How important is sex to you?

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
I want to have sex, but I see the repercussion's it can have, so I save it till I am deeply invested in a relationship.

Firstmark_Bannor

Aug 11, 2011
When I was a teenager, I fucked everyone who shuffled into my field of vision. And being Bi-sexual that amounted to a whole helluva lot of people. Now I really don't care so much, which isn't to say that I don't still enjoy sex. I do quite a lot. And It is my opinion that sex helps build good relationships. I just don't have to have it every other day like I used too.

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
I enjoy sex, and I used to enjoy it quite often a few years ago. But then I made the personal choice to not be intimate with someone unless I actually liked them, and they liked me. Sex for sex's sake stopped being fun to me -- little things that you can ignore with someone you care about are glaringly obvious with someone you don't. And I don't necessarily mean some perfect lover person that you are in love with ... just someone you actually LIKE. Beyond physical attraction. It came to a point that right after the act was done, I would think "wow, I would have enjoyed myself more if I had been playing my Playstation/watching Lifetime/pleasuring myself". So I just stopped. I don't miss it all that much (I feel that the longer you go without it, the easier it is to deal), and when I do feel raunchy, I take of that on my own time.

So sex isn't all that important to me now, mainly because I'm not having it. I do still think the act is awesome, I'm just jaded off of my previous sexual encounters, so I'm looking for something a bit different.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I'm going to awnswer this question, with a very simple statement.

I'm 16.
S'all that needs to be said.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
I enjoy sex, but it's not an all-consuming thing for me. Although being in a committed long-distance relationship can get frustrating on that score occasionally.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
If I had the ability to reproduce asexually, through mitosis, I wouldn't. Then I'd have 1 person to interact with that didn't want to be there in the first place. I prefer limiting my social interactions to fragging noobs and leading 25 raiders against THE BIG BAD.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
I find the question strange. I have sex. It's a great way to maintain the relationship I have with my boyfriend. I enjoy it. If I were removed completely of my sex drive, I would only really mourn it so far as it would be much harder for me to satisfy my boyfriend, though.

Fenris Frost

Oct 22, 2009
About the Aldous Huxley quote, entheogens > sex every time for me, and I think it highly likely he was referring to same having read 'Doors of Perception' and 'Heaven and Hell'.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Not important at all. Actually, i find it kinda unpleasant. Don't get me wrong, i see how it's important for a relationship and i obviously wouldn't refuse to sleep with my girlfriend but i prefer the less... sticky aspects of a romantic relationship.

TheSarge1

Mar 21, 2012
People say there's nothing wrong with being a virgin, but I'm 21, dammit. I've been socially active for the better part of a year now, and everyone I know seems to get laid so damn easily. I'm fairly popular around here, I'm not exactly prince charming, but I'm nice enough, and most people say I'm funny. If there wasn't something wrong with me, it would have happened by now. Of course, I know what that wrong thing is. I'm utterly horrific to look at.

Doclector

I wasn't an actual member I don't think of these forums, but when I saw your post I registered. The reason is, I wanted to say first off, your honesty is refreshing. Seriously. Second off, I'm 23, and although they probably won't admit it, I know a number of mates who are almost certainly virgins. Their not necessarily bad looking or such, but just havn't had it. Thirdly, socially active for "better part of a year" is not a long time. Fourthly, your 21. Your almost a baby (age wise :D). Don't worry man. Plenty of time, and good luck. Had to say this cos you seem like a nice fella, and actually (for once) honest. later

TheSarge1

Mar 21, 2012
Doclector said:
Quite frankly, I'm desperate for it. Not so much for the act itself, but just for the sake of my self esteem. I struggle to think of more than one person I know who hasn't had sex, and that person's an a**hole, anyway.

People say there's nothing wrong with being a virgin, but I'm 21, dammit. I've been socially active for the better part of a year now, and everyone I know seems to get laid so damn easily. I'm fairly popular around here, I'm not exactly prince charming, but I'm nice enough, and most people say I'm funny. If there wasn't something wrong with me, it would have happened by now. Of course, I know what that wrong thing is. I'm utterly horrific to look at.
Doclector

I wasn't an actual member I don't think of these forums, but when I saw your post I registered. The reason is, I wanted to say first off, your honesty is refreshing. Seriously. Second off, I'm 23, and although they probably won't admit it, I know a number of mates who are almost certainly virgins. Their not necessarily bad looking or such, but just havn't had it. Thirdly, socially active for "better part of a year" is not a long time. Fourthly, your 21. Your almost a baby (age wise :D). Don't worry man. Plenty of time, and good luck. Had to say this cos you seem like a nice fella, and actually (for once) honest. later

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
I'm a nympho, so very very important. Though it is only good sex when the other person is into it. If other person is wooden, kinda takes the fun out of it.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
The .50 Caliber Cow said:
I enjoy sex. A lot. It is a big part of my life and I openly admit that. Some people call me a slut because of that. I dont care.

How do you view sex in your life?

Edit: Captcha: "do it now!"

YES SIR MR. JOHNSON

[sub][sub]MOO! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE][/sub][/sub]
I agree with this perfectly. My philosophy is: Slut = someone with an incredibly low standard/doesn't keep to standards, and uses sex to validate themself.

Someone just having sex for fun, with a standard they keep to, and they remain in control is fine, and shouldn't be looked down on at all.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I don't know what everyone else in here is talking about, but sex is extremely important to me. Hell, it's probably the cause of my biggest grievance in life.

I get around a bit. I don't hook up with random people, but I have a couple of very "friendly" friends. I get pretty miserable when there's long spaces between sex, though it's not just about sex. I hate being lonely, and I really crave the feeling of being around someone. But I can't have that often because I'm in a long-distance, open relationship. It's hard to stay committed to someone in another country, even though I love him, when what I want most is a regular relationship where we can actually spend time together.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Doclector said:
Quite frankly, I'm desperate for it. Not so much for the act itself, but just for the sake of my self esteem. I struggle to think of more than one person I know who hasn't had sex, and that person's an a**hole, anyway.

To compliment TheSarge1's post, i'm 21 years old and a virgin and not afraid to admit it. I'm not a fat, ugly, basement dwelling social retard. (and i'm sure your not either) I'm a socially active university student. I've got plenty of friends, and i get the impression i'm generally well liked but i've never get laid. If i'd been less fussy in the past then things would probably be different, but we live with the choices we make.

Now i don't know what you look like physically, but i've seen plenty of guys who arn't exactly Johnny Depp get with girls (in their league note) so in all likelihood i reckon you could get laid if your looking in the right places.

A word of advise though- don't leap into the arms of the first girl who expresses an interest in you just so you can lose your virginity. My friend did that when he first went to uni and ended up in a relationship with a girl who was really into him but he simply wasn't interested. To do that is simply unfair on the girl as you've used her as a means to your end. Also, don't lower your standards so low you end up with a needy man-hunter *****. That happened to me once.

captcha: modern love

iAmNothing

Feb 22, 2012
Sex is something I can love but also cast aside as if it's nothing. If I'm really in the mood for it then it's the best thing in the world and I'll try and get my girlfriend in the mood as well so things can get going.
But other times I find it can end up just getting a little bit tedious and feeling like too much effort for something that only gives a relatively short period of pleasure compared to, say, watching a really good film that I enjoy (which can go on for hours, unlike myself)

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Doesn't interest me... even the few times I've attempted being sexual, my prevalent thoughts have been: "Wonder if I can go and buy some ice cream tomorrow..."

I am aware it is entirely possible I haven't found the right person yet, but at this rate I may never, so I may as well just accept that until an epiphany strikes me in the head, I'm pretty asexual. I don't find much attraction in people past friendship. :S

(I try to make that abundantly clear with my friends both male and female, friend-zoning is an asshole past-time and I don't like being a ***** who does that. You know me? You are permanently friended. Don't like? Gtfo.)

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Vault101 said:
I don't put on a pedalstool like its some great big deal though

OT: Don't really care about it. I wouldn't get any even if I tried, good thing I don't really care.
I have my right hand and that works for me.

yookiwooki

Dec 3, 2010
It's funny, usually the possibility of having sex is the most exciting thing in the world to me, but when I actually am doing it, it's not that big of a deal...

It's like how going without food will make a cheeseburger seem like the best thing in the world, but then after a big mac or two, the thought of eating a cheeseburger makes you sick.