How important is sex to you?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
It depends. Sex with my partner is great, but sex with someone I don't have feelings for can be a little awkward (I'm not having that at the moment, you'll be glad to know), but it's still a lot of fun. I enjoy it, but I'm not going to go too far out of my way to have it. Seems to be the opinion of most guys I know, except, interestingly, the virgins that I know, who are obsessed with it.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
About as important as tieing my shoes, but then I've never had it so I can't really say for sure.

The .50 Caliber Cow said:
Liquidacid23 said:
reproduction is part of survival and survival is the only real "reason" any organism exists so it rightfully should be a large part of your life...
Some people think it should only exist if "love" exists there...
Like me for example.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Pretty damn important to me. It's one of the most fun things in the world. And it's even better doing it with someone I love. :)

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
The act of sex is great, but its not what I miss most about being in a relationship. In general, physical contact, as well as having a person with whom you can completely relax and just be silly and immature with without feeling stupid, thats what I miss, and that combined with sex is pretty damned important to me.

Aw, the captcha thinks I've done a nice job. Thats made my day, it has.

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
I thoroughly enjoy sex. It's awesome. I know that I personally wouldn't be remotely comfortable having sex, or even going past kissing, with someone I didn't care deeply about and trust, but there are a lot of people who don't need a long relationship, or even one at all, to enjoy and feel a connection having sex with someone they don't know. Different strokes (haha) for different folks.
I, myself, am one VERY lucky lady, Boyfriend is INCREDIBLE in bed, and I have a very sensitive sense of touch (although the downside is being obscenely ticklish in non-sexual situations). While it's physically wonderful, the most important part is the intimacy, and I really do enjoy it as an expression of love.

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
Zen Toombs said:
Being without cuddles is much harder though. :(
The importance of cuddles cannot be overstated. Cuddles=BEST THING. Almost on par with ice cream.

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
Sex isn't that important to me. Yeah I enjoy doing it, and I like it and all. But it's the sort of thing, with me, that until I actually start doing it I'm always kind of unwilling. I don't have much of a sex drive, so I don't really have any drive for me to go out and try to get it for myself.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Carbonyl said:
Zen Toombs said:
Being without cuddles is much harder though. :(
The importance of cuddles cannot be overstated. Cuddles=BEST THING. Almost on par with ice cream.
I disagree. Cuddles is MUCH better than ice cream.
It might just be because I'm quasi-lactose intollerant, but still.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Call me screwed up, but I can't sleep with a woman I don't know and like. I've tried a few times, but it's always ended in an embarrassing... "failure to launch" when things start getting heavy. After a few times of that, I've given up trying the one-night thing, and since I have yet to find a girl that interests me, and is interested in me, looks like I'm flat outta luck in the sex department.

Hellscythe

Mar 7, 2012
I enjoy it sure but I don't really find it nessessary to be honest. Sure its a fair part of a lot of relationships but then again its also a way of making money so there is a bit of dissonance on the subject.
If you want to do it lots go for it, if you don't then don't. Not going to judge a person on their preference.

Personally, I could never really enjoy a one night stand so I avoided them after the first one.

Me and my current girl do it once a week, sometimes once a forthnight, and to be honest thats all I really want on the sexual end of the relationship. We've been dating for 3 years so we're kind of over the whole "rabbit time" so to speak.
I'm way more of a cuddly person and so is she (thank you God) so if I had to choose I'd rather have cuddles than sex.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Melopahn said:
Kaleion said:
And this is beyond sad... the most natural thing around today, the thing that has literally been a part of humanity since the dawn of time and the nerds are just too afraid. Whatever makes people this afraid needs to stop. I'm sure when it comes to blood and killing and swearing you are fine because that is what the norm is now. Humans like killing but reproducing and the act that comes with love that is just so wrong and gross and scary. SO sad... I pity you and everyone who thinks like you. You are a factor of humanity's death. Please grow up... Please!

Sex is beautiful and when done right its going to be beyond your imagination. The key is to do it for the sake of the other persons pleasure if both of the parties go into it that way everyone will be insanely happy.
What's up with you?
There was no reason to be so rude about that, and please this is not a nerd thing, this is for completely personal reasons based on what I've been through, I just don't really want to talk about that so I just say stuff like for some reason instead.
And I never said that I thought it was gross and/or wrong, I said it causes me to freeze in terror, that's really different, I'm pretty sure, as for the grow up thing really who are you to judge me? As I said I have my reasons, and I don't really feel all that comfortable talking about that, and I never said that I have any problem with people having sex I just can't see it.
As for the examples that was merely to illustrate that I very rarely get scared of something, I wasn't saying that sex is worse than those things, I was just pointing out how big my problem with said issue is to me.
And yeah I agree it's sad, I never said it was the right way to feel, I was just saying that's how I feel, and I know it's wrong but I'm not sure how to deal with it quite yet, so please don't be a jerk about it.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
The .50 Caliber Cow said:
I enjoy sex. A lot. It is a big part of my life and I openly admit that. Some people call me a slut because of that. I dont care.

How do you view sex in your life?

Edit: Captcha: "do it now!"

YES SIR MR. JOHNSON

[sub][sub]MOO! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE][/sub][/sub]
Well, it keeps my species going... so not that important :D
It's fun but it's just 1 fun thing you can do in life.

Also, it only ever matters if it's with someone you feel something more for than just "Damn, she's hot".
Casual, 1 night stand type of sex is enjoyable but it reminds me of masturbating, with a woman instead of your hand.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Both I and my partner enjoy it and find it (and by extension physical intimacy in general) to be an important part of the pair-bonding experience, so, yeah I'd say it's reasonably important to me on a social level.

On a physical/biological level, it's sharing space at the top of the pyramid along with food, water, and shelter. Procreation ... kinda important to the continuation of a species.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Yeah, I like sex. It's not a life-or-death-thing, but I enjoy it. I had one night stands from time to time back when I was single, and both me and my girlfriend jump right at it whenever we get a chance to fuck each others brains out. It's not a make-or-break-thing for our relationship either, but it's sure as hell a strengthening factor(god, that girl is good in bed). And that's how it should be, really.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Carbonyl said:
*squints* Nope, can't see it... cuddles = superior to any and all (comfort) food stuffs available to mankind. You can't get sick from too many cuddles!

Hellscythe said:
I enjoy it sure but I don't really find it nessessary to be honest. Sure its a fair part of a lot of relationships but then again its also a way of making money so there is a bit of dissonance on the subject.
If you want to do it lots go for it, if you don't then don't. Not going to judge a person on their preference.

Personally, I could never really enjoy a one night stand so I avoided them after the first one.

Me and my current girl do it once a week, sometimes once a forthnight, and to be honest thats all I really want on the sexual end of the relationship. We've been dating for 3 years so we're kind of over the whole "rabbit time" so to speak.
I'm way more of a cuddly person and so is she (thank you God) so if I had to choose I'd rather have cuddles than sex.
I agree with everything written therein... 'cept I'm single, and during the last long-term relationship, the frequency of sex yoyo'd a fair bit from a couple times a day to not having any for about two months...

The emotional bond within a cuddle/hug is borderline unsurpassable (IMO), and one can lead to the other, which is never a bad thing... so, sex without a substantial emotional connection holds little value to me, is about it...

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
I was never keen on the idea of One Night Stands or Casual Sex i think sex in a relationship with the right person is a very important part of said relationship indeed

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
Carbonyl said:
*squints* Nope, can't see it... cuddles = superior to any and all (comfort) food stuffs available to mankind. You can't get sick from too many cuddles!

Hellscythe said:

I agree with everything written therein... 'cept I'm single, and during the last long-term relationship, the frequency of sex yoyo'd a fair bit from a couple times a day to not having any for about two months...

The emotional bond within a cuddle/hug is borderline unsurpassable (IMO), and one can lead to the other, which is never a bad thing... so, sex without a substantial emotional connection holds little value to me, is about it...

Rethinking after finally having gotten lunch, I agree with you, cuddling is better than any and all foods. I was swayed by my hunger.