How the public (your school, work etc) sees you

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
At work i'm seen as the geeky kid.

At my local drama group i've been told that i've been seen as an older sister figure ( wierd 0.o )

I see myself as the geeky person who sticks up for her friends, but not the type of person yo want to annoy , i have a very short temper.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
Apparently I'm an asshole, untrustworthy, a liar, a cheater... uh... and a weirdo. (I think thats just the easy way of saying they're too lazy to figure out what you do and just assume you sit in a dark basement playing dungeons and dragons alone with your schizophrenic personalities.)

I can be an asshole on occasion, but that's more because my 'friends' and I joke around. And if you're not used to it I guess it seems mean.
However, I'm pretty damn loyal and trustworthy.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
I'm shy, knowledgeable on loads of topics, keep my head down, quiet, and any other synonyms for nerdish. So clearly I deserve to be looked down on as a nerd by several people. Though thankfully not everyone.

I'll miss them when I leave though. Probably.

If nobody asks me to sign their leavers book or have pictures taken with me before I leave, then I might actually go insane.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Jark212 said:
In High school Teachers saw me as wildly intelligent (not to be confused with school smarts) but quite lazy. Most students saw me as that quiet and possibly mentally unstable kid at the back of the class, occasionally giving very accurate answers to difficult questions...

People didn't screw with me in HS, But Middle school bullys almost sent me over the edge...
This too.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
InnerRebellion said:
For maybe two years now, I've faced many stereotypes that revolve around me being emo. Not all emos cut themselves. Not all of them cry over every damn thing. But let's face it, society likes to make simple judgments on what they don't know.

Does your public see you in the light of stereotypes? Or are you seen as your own individual?
I'm classified as Joe.
The Joe is a very nice and kind except too pidgeons Joe hates pidgeons.
Now I am quite worried that I'm refering to my self in the third person but I am mostly stereotyped as a nice guy and where I come from girls don't like nice guys xD

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
Lexodus said:
Stone Wera said:
One girl is paranoid that I'll strangle her in her sleep or something.
Pretty much everyone thinks I'm mentally unstable...
Which isn't the case...
Well it's sorta true...
It's true.

EDIT: Don't know if the girl's fear are based on the fact that I sneak up her most of the times I greet her.
Also I would like everyone to know that I am NOT a rapist.
Remember, children, it's not rape if you yell 'Surprise!'
Somebody got banned for that. You be careful what you say, it'll bite you in the ass.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
ironm4id3n said:
InnerRebellion said:
For maybe two years now, I've faced many stereotypes that revolve around me being emo. Not all emos cut themselves. Not all of them cry over every damn thing. But let's face it, society likes to make simple judgments on what they don't know.

Does your public see you in the light of stereotypes? Or are you seen as your own individual?

First of all, i won't stereotype you for being emo but gosh they really do listen to shitty ass music... anyway
at my school im known as the prettysmartbigtallblondekidwhodoesdrugsbutgetsgoodgradesandplaysguitar

but really i just like ice cream..
Music is all a matter of opinion, mind. So I probably hate whatever you listen to. Always remember that when criticizing music tastes.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Well, I've had my friends tell me my life sucks when it really doesn't. I'm not homeless, beaten, alcoholic... dead. As far as I can see that means I've got it pretty good.

Still, I'm seen as awkward, basically. That's the one word I hear a lot. On special occasions I hear "cute" but that is few and far between.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
I really don't want to remember what people (probaly rightfully so) saw in me, while I was in school, before I met my boyfriend, and adopted his "And why should I give a flying shit?" attitude - just doing your think and just not caring what other people think makes life a lot easier (and eliminates most possible sources of emberassment).

drdamo

May 17, 2010
Geek, nerd, clown, knowitall, wiseguy, fat guy, funny guy, funny guy because he's fat, emo, pessimist, realist, optimist, lazy, hard worker, self aware, blind fool, dull, creative, hippy, stoner, helper, controversialist, confirmist, social outcast, mr. social, good friend, worst friend, enemy, loveable, hateable, good with women, crap with women, the guy you can tell your darkest secrets, the guy you shouldn't tell your darkest secrets, thinker, do-er, autist...

For every person i know i am different and therefore seen different, as that trait of my personality is what they connected with the most compared to the others.
And i don't mind, as they are all true and thus i am all of them.

If people hold a grudge against me based on one of my traits, then all i can say is that despite their words being true, its still their opinion and thus their choice to put their focus into blowing up the situation and wasting their energy on it. This usually makes people mad, because its much easier to point thy finger at thy neighbour for blame, then to look into the mirror and point at yourself.
I have accepted that you can do your best to succeed, but you shouldn't be affraid to fail either. I learn from my faillure by knowing the meaning of it.
Withouth faillure every now and then, you won't realize your success, thus it become normal and its meaning will eventually fade.
You'll start to crave for more, because your body becomes addicted to the situation.
And since this is like trying to fill a bottomless well, you'll end up being a miserable person.

mathadawg

Jun 17, 2009
I've got two contradicting ones:
Some see me has a cocky narcissist, who brags way too much.
Others see me as a highly likable person. Quoting an acquaintance, I'm the "least hate-able person" he knows (I don't remember the exact words, but it was something along those lines).

I think most people see me as the latter, but I know there are some people that see me as the former, because I'm relatively smart and I like to share when I do well (like let's say 100% on a really difficult AP World History test). It also doesn't help that my grades come easy for me.

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
JimJamJahar said:
KiddEgo said:
I'm seen either as the "quiet guy" or the "loud, funny, manic guy". It all depends on who I'm with. The general consensus though seems to be that most people seem to think I'm "weird" regardless.
This. Completely. It always depends who it is, since you act differently around different people.

And here I thought I was the only one that happened too. I'm usually louder around people I know better.

OT: I'm probably stereotyped as the quiet, stoic guy who is really good at sneaking up on people (and is probably an axe-murderer).

Duskwaith said:
Why do people get offended if you hold a door for them or something?

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
The metal. All metal all the time. Just because I dress in black and have long (facial) hair. I hate metal, but everybody is so sure I love it. I've even had drunk people start up what they told me were AC/DC or Metallica songs expecting me to join in. When I tell them I don't like metal, the first reactions is:"Oh, so you're more into goth?" No, no, no. Never, under any circumstances, ever unless you put a loaded gun to my head. I like Bach, allright? Yes, I look like a metal-head, but I'll take ol' Ludwig van over your angry shouty man. In contemporary music I like indie and love songs. That's right, I'm a marshmellow. I just don't like wearing colours, I'm too lazy to shave and too cheap to get a haircut.

So, yeah, stereotyped all the time. Fortunately, because I in no way fit the stereotype, it never takes people who get to know me long to realize they were off.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
At school, I'm known as someone you don't want to get to close to. I know why that is, but I'm not going to do anything to remedy it. Those that actually want to get close to me do, and then we become good friends.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
mathadawg said:
I've got two contradicting ones:
Some see me has a cocky narcissist, who brags way too much.
Others see me as a highly likable person. Quoting an acquaintance, I'm the "least hate-able person" he knows (I don't remember the exact words, but it was something along those lines).

I think most people see me as the latter, but I know there are some people that see me as the former, because I'm relatively smart and I like to share when I do well (like let's say 100% on a really difficult AP World History test). It also doesn't help that my grades come easy for me.
Do those people even know the true meaning of being a narcissist?
I've made the same error once, by calling someone a narcissist, while i actually ment him being self-centered.
And to further overthrow their words (and to clarify how of an idiot i've been myself): Everyone is self-centered in some way, even altruists.
As altruists need to do good towards others to feel good themselves. Ofcourse, this is the most positive form of self-centeredness, but logically still self-centeredness ;)

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
I'm known as that "one goody-two shoes nerd."

And most call me a nerd as an insult.

The only problem I have with that comment is that I'm a geek, not a nerd. :)