How would you Change the canon?

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
The Baldur's Gate novelizations should be forgotten and mentioning the name Abdel Adrian should be a criminal offence. Baldur's Gate should rightfully have no canon, or at least each individual playthrough is canon in its own right (the way D&D should be).

Also Dragonball Z should either finish after the cell saga or at least finish at the end of Z. It is arguable that GT is canon in the first place but I'd think it would be better to clarify it as bad and not canon.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Neverhoodian said:
I used to be a huge Star Wars fan as a kid, but my fandom has cooled significantly in recent years thanks to the lackluster prequels and Expanded Universe material.
Same. Definately same.

When it comes to the Jedi Order, I would definitely change a few major things about it. First off, they would be cool with love and raising families. As Jolee Bindo pointed out in KOTOR, love doesn't lead to the Dark side. Passion can, but only if you let it. Indeed, was it not love that ultimately redeemed Anakin in the end? Also, the Order wouldn't be snatching babies away for training. I always felt that such actions were tantamount to kidnapping, something you wouldn't expect a supposedly noble organization like the Jedi to practice. At least wait until they're adolescents before you begin training.
I had a thought on that. Based on the ending to the whole YV invasion arc and the way it ended. Anakin did indeed bring "balance" to the force by destroying the rather facist jedi secret police who were practically immune to government oversight and in fact had significant control over the government. Once he destroys the emperor, the "status quo" of the universe is returned, the force is back to being something that exists rather than a tool for the powerful elite.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
i'd change warhammer 40000 back to what it was before the unspeakable appeared and screwed both lore and game balance (codex blood angels anyone? or grey knights?), made the ultrasmurfs what he thinks they should be today, made the grey knights khornate knights, removed the Sisters' only way of having decent vehicle support (among other things), screw the Nids, basically killed the option of diverse tactics for several armies, Necrons are... what the fuck is this tard smoking when he writes all this shit?!

if you'll excuse, there are some angry marines i have to paint
RAAAAAGE

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
In Doctor Who
River Song is not the child of Rory and Amy. If so, at least give us more than 5 minutes for her character to change from brainwashed must kill the Doctor to I am going to essentially kill myself to save this man. Honestly, he was poisoned, going to die, and said please to his killer and she gave him all of her regeneration. Just like that.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
Dr Jones said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Dragon Ball Z
-I'd change everything after the Cell saga so that Gohan is actually a decent fighter and can replace the older guys, instead of Goku coming to save the day for the 100th time.
Gohan is a completely good fighter after the Cell saga. Especially as "Ultimate Gohan", he just isn't as strong as his father since, of course, Goku is pure Sayain.
But Goku said the reason he let Gohan fight Cell was because Gohan was stronger than him. (Nerd Rage)(plot hole)
The author wanted Gohan to be the strongest in the series, and for the series to end after the Cell saga, and before that he wanted to end it at the Frieza saga, and before that he didnt even want to make Z. It was just fans liked Goku as a protagonist a lot more I guess, its explicitely stated several times that Gohan could easily be the strongest character in the series, its just that after the Cell saga, he almost stopped training due to the fact that he wanted to pursue a more academic life, and also after Cell who on earth would have really thought there could be something stronger?

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Dr Jones said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Dragon Ball Z
-I'd change everything after the Cell saga so that Gohan is actually a decent fighter and can replace the older guys, instead of Goku coming to save the day for the 100th time.
Gohan is a completely good fighter after the Cell saga. Especially as "Ultimate Gohan", he just isn't as strong as his father since, of course, Goku is pure Sayain.
*puts on nerd hat*

Actually it was established that Gohan has the potential to be stronger than Goku because of his human side causing his emotional state to have a much more dramatic effect on his power. Really the only reason Gohan became weaker than Goku over the time skip was the peaceful times and Goku still training while he was dead. I mean what else would he have done?

Ultimate Gohan honestly confused me a bit, I still don't get why he didn't physically go super saiyan. Heck, screw the Vegeta v. SSJ3 Goku, I wanna see Ultimate Gohan V. SSJ3 Goku.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
s0p0g said:
i'd change warhammer 40000 back to what it was before the unspeakable appeared and screwed both lore and game balance (codex blood angels anyone? or grey knights?), made the ultrasmurfs what he thinks they should be today, made the grey knights khornate knights, removed the Sisters' only way of having decent vehicle support (among other things), screw the Nids, basically killed the option of diverse tactics for several armies, Necrons are... what the fuck is this tard smoking when he writes all this shit?!

if you'll excuse, there are some angry marines i have to paint
RAAAAAGE
I knew someone was going to say this eventually, and I completely agree. I mean come on, Grey Knight Robo-Papooses!?!

What the fuck is that?!?! And this is coming from someone who used to play as Ultramarines! I don't want a damn army of Mary Sues!

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Idsertian said:
I would change GLaDOS' appearance in either Portal or Portal 2 to match up across the board, as well as explaining how she managed to suddenly become intact again after being totally ripped apart at the end of the first game. It bothers me.
If you paid attention, you saw her dragging an old GLaDoS core from a corner as you pass out. She rebuilt herself.
Does she? Where?

Also, I'm talking mostly about the main bank that she hangs from. During the destruction sequence at the end of the first one, you can clearly see it break apart and release the massive circuit boards inside it, not to mention the entire assembly being ripped clean out of the power and cooling grids. It just confuses me how, after total destruction like that, it's all magically back in one piece a few hundred years later.

Unless Wheatley did it, we all know how much of an idiot he is. ^^

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
s0p0g said:
I knew someone was going to say this eventually, and I completely agree. I mean come on, Grey Knight Robo-Papooses!?!

What the fuck is that?!?! And this is coming from someone who used to play as Ultramarines! I don't want a damn army of Mary Sues!
there are multilasers mounted on multilasers missing. you know like...

GAAAAARGH!!

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Metroid fan so I will undo Other M. Just strike it directly from the record. Never happened.

Beyond that...not kill Carson Beckett in season 3 of Stargate: Atlantis. There wasn't any reason to do that and they ended up bringing him back as a clone due to fan demand anyway.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Vault101 said:
canadamus_prime said:
I wouldn't. I'm not arrogant enough to think that I could do a better job than the original creator and/or those in creative control of it.

Edit: Besides that, I hate arbitrary changes in cannon faaaaaaaaaar more than I hate anything that's done in cannon.
3 words...

star wars prequels....

most of the time the creator is right

somtimes they are just plain WRONG
Actually plot-wise, I thought the prequels were actually quite good. Their only really failing was a lot of incredibly cheesy bits of dialogue. ...and a few other mis-handled elements. "She died of a broken heart..." Really George, really?

Besides that, did you not read my edit?

Mischlings

Feb 18, 2011
Like other people have been saying, there needs to be work done on the Star Wars prequels. Rewrite the dialogue (by giving it to someone other than George) and you solve 90% of the problems there.

Harry Potter: Take out the stupid romance plots in book 6, and either remove the Harry/Ginny thing entirely or change things around to help it make more sense -- make her actually a part of the story before book 6 and the romantic plot tumor in that book. There are perfect opportunities to make her a larger part of the story starting in about the 4th book, but they weren't taken.

Zelda: Emphasize Miyamoto's idea that it's more like a corrupted legend than actual history -- Link is simply a hero whose real story is lost (if he ever existed in the first place) and whose exploits change based on who's telling the story.

All I can think of for now.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
MrDeckard said:
AgDr_ODST said:
I would take everything Greg Bear did with Halo and everything related to the things he did and I would stuff it all up the anus of a rhinoceros. Then set it on fire.
Oh yes definitely, I'd happily help you if such an opportunity really presented itself....the free peak at the 1st chapter alone pissed me off and gave me an ungodly terrible headache. Makes me glad I didnt buy the book before checking it out online

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Vault101 said:
canadamus_prime said:
I wouldn't. I'm not arrogant enough to think that I could do a better job than the original creator and/or those in creative control of it.

Edit: Besides that, I hate arbitrary changes in cannon faaaaaaaaaar more than I hate anything that's done in cannon.
3 words...

star wars prequels....

most of the time the creator is right

somtimes they are just plain WRONG
Actually plot-wise, I thought the prequels were actually quite good. Their only really failing was a lot of incredibly cheesy bits of dialogue. ...and a few other mis-handled elements. "She died of a broken heart..." Really George, really?

Besides that, did you not read my edit?
to be honest I wasnt quite sure what you ment in your edit...

anyway like I said, usually I would agree, and often I find whiny fans annoying

however for once I agree with them in regards to the prequles, its just that george lucas is a special exampl of an original creator that just went completley off the rails (not only that but adding shit the original triliogies which pretty much everyone can agree..did NOT need to be added) its almost tragivally hilarious

the original prequles may not have been that bad, but you have to admit they should have been handeld alot better

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Snake Plissken said:
Alien: Resurrection does not exist.
neither does terminator 3 or salvation
I mean jeeze people, can you give us a little hope for the future?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
notsosavagemessiah said:
i would change 40k's canon by actually moving it forward. Also, the star child would be real.
If you want to see forward moving events in 40K, look at Relic's Dawn of War and Space Marine games. Dawn of War 2, its expansions and Space Marine all take place in the early years of the 42nd Millennium. The tyranids that attack Aurelia were a splinter fleet from Hive Fleet Leviathan, which appeared in the last year of M41. Then, Retribution takes place 10 years after Chaos Rising, which itself was 1 year after the Tyranid attack. This puts DOW2 squarely in M42 by this point.

When the Blood Ravens appear in Space Marine, they mention the Aurelian Crusade, putting Space Marine even further down the line. Also, going from a fluff perspective, the gameplay mechanics in Space Marine suggest that upgrades have been made to their power armor, with the more streamlined suit design and the built in refractor shields.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
I would make it so Firefly didn't end after 13 episode. I would go back in time and punch the TV exec that thought it was a good idea to show the episodes out of order when the originally aired.

I would also makes so Kitchen Confidential didn't get canceled mid season as well. That show was fucking hilarious