I don't like Half Life :C

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Well I haven't got Halo Reach, CoD Black Ops, mass Effect or Dragon Age, and the world and it's mum got those games. Also I'm possibly the only person on the planet that won't be getting the Eleder Scrolls 5 this year. (SHOCK, HORROR!)

I do like Half Life, I prefer HL2 and the episodes to HL1 but I think most people do.

goddz001

Aug 5, 2009
halo games. the story line is thin. the campaign is easy and short. altough apparently the only good ting about it is the online mode which i dont play because i dont find the game intresting and most of the people on it are well. im sure youve played halo? ...

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I love every Final Fantasy game except 1,2,3, and... 7. Story sucks, characters are completely uninteresting, combat mechanincs are meh, translation is AWFUL... I just don't see why people worship it so much.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
baddude1337 said:
CleverNickname said:
StarCraft
it's just another RTS. I don't get it.
Oh, this too. I don't even think it's a decent RTS.
Well, as those lovable fellows in Korea would have all of us know, Starcraft has loads of competitive potential. It creates 3 incredibly balanced races that each have a completely different set of necessary strategies and build orders.

It also strikes a delicate balance between complexity and user-friendliness, as far as RTS's go. If you've ever seen a Starcraft 2 pro gaming match, it's absolutely amazing what they do. Typically, RTS games like Red Alert 2 or Supreme Commander might be fun to play, but actually mastering them just comes across as either too slow and sloppy or, like those speed chess tournaments, way too fast to figure out what the hell's going on.

There's also the fact that Blizzard RTS's have always had a HUGE modding community, starting with Starcraft I.
TheRightToArmBears said:
I don't really enjoy Valve games in general (with the exception of Portal). They all feel so cold and clinical, it's bizarre.
And Portal isn't cold and cynical? xD

Anyways, I love TF2 <3

Continuity

May 20, 2010
eh, I should really leave this thread alone, all the sacrilege and ignorance is depressing me :(

Lets get this straight, old games cannot be said to suck because of their graphics, you have to judge all games on their merits not their shortcomings.

Also, I think captcha hates me:

Wondermint13

Oct 2, 2010
Super Mario. Its been done to death and I stopped caring for everything that came with the Gamecube and onwards. Same game, same characters, same bad guys, same plots. Sorry. I'm not following that crowd anymore.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, to start...

Tactical RPGs in general. Mostly because I'm horrendous at them. I'm cautious when I need to be bold, brash when I need to slink around and wait for an opportunity, and when I started to realize that, I went against my instincts and found out that my instincts, for once, were right. It doesn't help that I was playing a game (can't remember which one at the moment) where if a character "died", they were injured and removed from your party for a large chunk of time.

Ugh.

Final Fantasy 8, though that seems to be about balanced in OMG SO GOOD and OHGODTHEPAIN reactions. I just can't sit through it with the stupid magic system it has. You shouldn't have to mainly power up solely through Junctioning. ughhhhhh

WoW.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
I don't like Half-life either, it has a weird pace and the environment makes me sort've dizzy :\

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
I hate JRPG's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. Really, I have never enjoyed them, especially Final Fantasy. I really don't get it. It's probably because I don't really like anime either.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
MewTwo.

It was deliciously horrible, I like the majority of CoD games, but this one just had a broken online system and terrible campaign.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
CaptQuakers said:
I hated Half Life and still do.
I have a fairly positive opinion of the first game and rather enjoyed the second... while the episodes are a case of diminishing returns.

But I swear every game I play these days there's a moment where I curse the very existence of Half-Life. Take Bulletstorm. This is a big, dumb throw-back to the over-the-top action days of the mid-90s. So why the fuck does Gray slow down while talking to people or listening to comm channels. There's even one moment where he walks into a fight and slows down to make the announcement that there are bad guys directly in front of them. Not hidden behind anything, just standing out in the open.

Fuck you Half-Life, you did this to games. Stop pausing the fun to have characters explain to us the blindingly obvious. And beat every game developer that thinks locking you in a room while NPCs spend two minutes explaining to you that something is going to explode and you need to either stop it from exploding or run very far away. This is why they created comms... to explain to you basic plot beats without getting in the way of core game play.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
IMHO:
StarCraft will never be as much fun as Command and Conquer
Half Life is the "Neon Genesis Evangelion" of the video game world.
Battlefield became good once they reduced it to 4 classes

There, I'm glad I got that out but now I'm gonna get my flame shield.

Heraklitus

Mar 29, 2009
I don't care for the "realistic" FPSs like the Call of Duty series. It think they glorify war and violence in a way that I find distasteful. I don't get the same feeling from more cartoony games like TF2.

I think there's a place for games like these if the material is treated well, I just don't enjoy them.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
None of the people in this thread are special flowers.(/jk) Everyone hates/loves different things.

Thread contribution: I did not enjoy Half Life 2, I found the game play to be boring and the story wasn't enough to pull me in. I also had a lot of trouble finding ammo and ended up using the crowbar most of the time.

Heraklitus said:
I don't care for the "realistic" FPSs like the Call of Duty series. It think they glorify war and violence in a way that I find distasteful. I don't get the same feeling from more cartoony games like TF2.

I think there's a place for games like these if the material is treated well, I just don't enjoy them.
I've been thinking about this recently too. There's so much violence in the world and it's become a medium within itself for enjoyment. Not to say I'm some hippie, but you'd think by now considering all of our advancements, that our society wouldn't be promoting it to the extent it does.