I don't understand male virgin shaming.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Zack Alklazaris said:
srm79 said:
Zack Alklazaris said:
I hold sex so sacred that I physically am in capable of performing such an act. I sometimes wonder what I missed out on.
It's never too late. There's someone out there for everybody.

[
It is when your married lol. I don't know I'm quite happy with what I have, but at the same time people seem to look at me weird when I say I'm married and have had only 2 partners. Perhaps there is a healthy middle ground between us.
Ah, I misunderstood! I thought you meant you'd, you know, like...never!

D'oh!

Chris Mosher

Nov 28, 2011
SinisterGehe said:
Gregory McMillan said:
SinisterGehe said:
Tho I am very sad of the fact that many of my relationships have hit an iceberg and sunk when my partner learned that I don't care of sex. The first few months of social relationships were great but when they wanted to take next step and "go for it" they were dispointed and decided to end it. - Unfair in my opinion.
Well you have to understand that relationships are really the polite beginnings of making babies and starting a family. It might not be at the forefront of our minds but it's hardwired into our DNA. We've civilized and romanticized sex and family building. Attraction is mostly based on finding a mate. Indeed sexuality isn't a permanent thing. So might think your asexual now, but maybe in a couple years your nature might kick in and you'll take an interest in sex.
Yeah sexual development starts around the age of 11-13 I am over 20 now (I don't care for you to know my exact age, it is irrelevant). It is nice to see that you are able to understand my whole self-being and ego along with my sexual identity based on few short posts on a Internet forum.
Far as I know, according to psychology - I as a male should be in my sexual prime and full development now.

- You should become a developmental psychologist...

/No offense, but don't try to equalize world views without getting to know the person a bit better beforehand.
I do not think that the people who end the relationship are being unfair unless you start out the relationship saying there will never be any sex. If they new ahead of time then okay you are right it is the other persons fault but as Gregory points out, sex is one of the main goals of a relationship for most people and is in fact very important to most people. I like Dan Savages advice to begin a relationship with a conversation about what you want out of it and this includes discussions on level of sexual desire. One does not have to equalize the worlds view with you in order state the fact that most people are sexual.

mechashiva77

Jul 10, 2011
CrimsonBlack said:
mechashiva77 said:
Fluffythepoo said:
Not having kids is failing your species
There's plenty of us on this planet, I think we'll be fine if someone doesn't decide to pop out a few more babies.

OT: It pisses me off too. Sure I joke about it with my boyfriend (I took his virginity and his sign happens to be Virgo), but I really don't think less of him because he was one.
You took his virginity?

That wasn't very nice of you. Give it back to him, you big meanie.
Never! It shall be mine forever! Muwahahahahaha!

Gregory McMillan

Jan 30, 2012
SinisterGehe said:
Gregory McMillan said:
SinisterGehe said:
As Asexual I cant understand this at all. I think it is admirable if someone who has sexual impulses is able to control them completely to the point that hes is conscious about hes needs/desires but wont act upon them until he and hes partner wants.

I am myself completely unable to understand how does the fact that I am Asexual make me a less of a man. Yes I am a virgin in hes 20's and I don't give a fuck about fuck (pardon). But if I look at the mirror and my DNA I see a man.

The shaming in my opinion comes from men who are driven by their desires and are unable to understand if someone is able to control them. They feel that those people are different and as we know most people are afraid of that what is different.

I think those men that make fun of male virgins are the lesser men. Manhood is not defined by your masculine needs, but by your ability to control those needs.

But who am I to say anything about this subject - I am broken human after-all.

Tho I am very sad of the fact that many of my relationships have hit an iceberg and sunk when my partner learned that I don't care of sex. The first few months of social relationships were great but when they wanted to take next step and "go for it" they were dispointed and decided to end it. - Unfair in my opinion.
Well you have to understand that relationships are really the polite beginnings of making babies and starting a family. It might not be at the forefront of our minds but it's hardwired into our DNA. We've civilized and romanticized sex and family building. Attraction is mostly based on finding a mate. Indeed sexuality isn't a permanent thing. So might think your asexual now, but maybe in a couple years your nature might kick in and you'll take an interest in sex.
Yeah sexual development starts around the age of 11-13 I am over 20 now (I don't care for you to know my exact age, it is irrelevant). It is nice to see that you are able to understand my whole self-being and ego along with my sexual identity based on few short posts on a Internet forum.
Far as I know, according to psychology - I as a male should be in my sexual prime and full development now.

- You should become a developmental psychologist...

/No offense, but don't try to equalize world views without getting to know the person a bit better beforehand.
I wasn't claiming to know you, I was putting out a general assertion that applies to the majority of relationships. I had once claimed asexual, but that is over. I was just relating an experience. I don't need to get to know you to understand your perspective. I was just sharing mine to hopefully help you better understand the situation.

gravian

Sep 8, 2011
WolfThomas said:
SinisterGehe said:
Snip *Difficulties with asexual relationships*.
Well if you're honest with them straight from the get go then it really is their problem later down the track, versus you dropping the bomb after a period of courting.

Some of these young ladies might not believe you're truly asexual or may have misguided notions that they can change this. It's better to be super-duper-brutally clear from the start and risk losing them there then later on.

To non-asexuals (is the term just sexual?) well sex is one of the most important things ever. Sex is also tied heavily into emotion and love. Most people would rather have both their emotional and sexual needs met by the same person than split it between two parties. It's just a sexual person thing.
If you're not interested in sex in a romantic relationship, whether you're a man or woman you really have to hammer it home at the start or early on so both partners understand each other. What I think is happening is that when someone says "I don't want to have sex in a relationship, I'm just not interested", their partner interprets it as "I don't want you to feel pressured/ be pressured myself into having sex before the right time, I just want to take this steady and do it when we feel sure". It just sounds like you want to reassure your partner that you're not just doing this for the sex, you want a meaningful and long term relationship with sex as a natural evolution of it, in my mind. To most people not wanting to have sex at all in a romantic relationship, no matter how far it develops, seems kinda strange and not something they can understand.

The guy above has the right idea. Also what
BloatedGuppy said:
SinisterGehe said:
Snip *Hormones and biological imperative*.
said on the first page is basically why.

CentralScrtnzr

May 2, 2011
There are too many people under drinking age in this thread.

It is very difficult to have self-respect when it's all too frequently taken away from you by the school and university politics of fucking children.

You realize, after a bit, that men who defined themselves as masculine by requiring sexual conquest of women, really depend upon women for their own self-image. They are slaves. The player culture demeans and dehumanizes men; you're nothing more than the notches on the bed post; you're nothing more than what women think of you.

Much better to be a virgin and have some goddamn self respect than to be a mattress hellion and have no sense of who you are.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Here's my theory. Male virgins exist through either bad luck with women or a lack of a desire to do the deed.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
I think its this whole image of the "macho or real man" ... which is complete crap.. i think being a virgin doesnt make you any less of a person in any way .. and if you want to wait.. more power to you because its BLOODY HARD!.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
The Great JT said:
Here's my theory. Male virgins exist through either bad luck with women or a lack of a desire to do the deed.
In my case its both lol. The very few times I asked a girl out I got shot down and when girls were interested in me I simply did not care at all or was totally oblivious but still probably would have said no thanks. Me wanting a girlfriend is a moment that occurs in me every few years. I usually get depressed, want a girlfriend for about a week and then the desire totally vanishes basically and doesn't show back up for another 3 or 4 years. I just enjoy being a hermit for the most part. Other people bore me *Shrugs* I'm 23 by the way.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Vault101 said:
2xDouble said:
And yet, here they are discussing it in pseudo-public... making a big deal out of it, according to the comments in between these. Kids these days, hm?
discussing it is good and all..I was more refering too "I want my first tiem to be super duper special with unicorns!!" mentality or "OH MY GOD YOUR A VIRGIN THATS SO SAD LOLOLOLOLO" type thing
There are other sentiments on this topic? (besides "meh", of course... this is the internet, after all.)

Dripping with sarcasm, but I'm actually surprised by this...

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Worgen said:
I think at least party its also because of the fact that its seen as a coming of age thing. Like, if you haven't had sex, your still a child, but once you hit that, boom, manhood.
Then come the moustaches.

That's how it works, right?

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Fluffythepoo said:
mechashiva77 said:
Fluffythepoo said:
There's plenty of us on this planet, I think we'll be fine if someone doesn't decide to pop out a few more babies.

OT: It pisses me off too. Sure I joke about it with my boyfriend (I took his virginity and his sign happens to be Virgo), but I really don't think less of him because he was one.
Some people have higher standards than fine
...Do those standards involve rampant overpopulation?

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Dogstile said:
You kind of did. Just because a person is looking for sex does not make them sexist, its a normal biological function. He said he didn't like it when people took advantage of this function, you called him sexist and accused him of treating women as machines who are meant to dish out sex after you put enough money in.

How the hell is that not putting words in his mouth? You're correct on one thing though. Welcome to the Escapist Zeke, this is what it's like here.
Wanting sex does not make one sexist. Pursuing a woman on the hopes of having sex with her alone, and then accusing her of being a manipulative gold digger when she doesn't have sex with you, is sexist.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
As far as I'm concerned it's just a media thing.

It surprises people initially but no one has ever heckled me for being a virgin in my 30's.

nexus

May 30, 2012
Shaming male virgins (female too, just not the same) is still one of the most practiced and accept forms of bullying in society today. People commit suicide over it. Yet you still see "shaming" in popular culture, even box-office movies, "40 Year Old Virgin" e.g. If you out yourself as a virgin in the workplace, or even school, you can expect (depending on where you are, you can *expect*) to be made fun of or receive "shaming". If and when you do this, you are told it was your fault to begin with, and that should have been your "secret". It's not the people bullying at fault, it is *you* for letting out your "secret". Of course, if you were gay, and outed yourself, those same bullies would be reprimanded, fired or "talked to".

It's really quite stupid, and anyone that partakes in it should feel guilt. There are many reasons why someone, a male, has not had sex yet. Maybe they're still waiting for that special person.. it may be that they're just wired this way. Introverts are known to have few friends, but they hold that small number friends in extremely high esteem.

A new trend also seems to be showing, in that people are looking past the very dull facade of "how one is supposed to be" in society. If for instance, you are a very intelligent, mature and quality individual, you can't bring all of that to the "game" if you want to simply find a quick mate. You have to act a "certain way". You have to go through a primitive checklist for your mate.

Maybe the person *IS* socially awkward, maybe they *DO* have a disability. Whatever reason the case may be, it *DOESN'T MATTER* that they have not had sex yet. It is perfectly A-Okay. If you are measuring a human's worth on whether or not they have sex, then *YOU* are one with the problem.

Oct 2, 2012
Geo Da Sponge said:
Fluffythepoo said:
mechashiva77 said:
Fluffythepoo said:

Some people have higher standards than fine
...Do those standards involve rampant overpopulation?
We'll find a prupose for the excess humans one day. Perhaps soylent green will come along :) Yummy ^_^

Eh I don't get it. Sex isn't anything special and I don't see why its such a "rite of passage" or whatever.