If you could go back and tell your teenage self one piece of advice...

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
I would first send myself the secret code I developed for myself back in high school in case something like that happened/I was about to do something life/world changing, and would send a message to myself with the code. If I remembered where it came from, I had nothing to worry about. The fact that I wouldn't remember where this was from would get me interested.

I'd include in the message something horrifying like "SLENDERMAN"

And after younger me stopped screaming and realized time travel was involved...

"Dude, seriously, it's not a cruel act. That girl totally digs you." Is what I'd say.

"But she's in a lower grade than me!" Is probably what younger me would say. I was 16, she was 15.

"Not my problem anymore. I'm 20, she's 19. Trust me on this one, she's the most beautiful and intelligent girl you'll EVER MEET man! I'm not even kidding, every girl we've dated after this in this ass-backwards state have been mind-numblingly stupid sheeple!"

And then absolutely nothing would be resolved because I was a socially retarded little twat.

Nocola

Aug 10, 2009
"This highschool shit? Yeah none of it matters. You'll forget half the issues you have now within your first year out of highschool. Relax, it most definitely gets better."

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
The winning lottery numbers are...

Really, though? Figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life, and do it quick.

Jetsetneo

Apr 2, 2010
Dont stick it in the crazy. In fact, you know at least 2 girls you really have a thing for at this time so why not go after one of them instead?

Also: Work out some.

Also: You are actually worth that A you can easily get so why not do it more often.

Also: I am just now getting done with school in the field I actually want, lets start with that field instead of dicking around for 3-ish years shall we?

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
CleverCover said:
You're smart, but if you don't study, you'll lose it. For the love of God, please keep studying. I know High School is really easy. College is a much different experience. It's way more competitive and you're sleeping and passing thing isn't possible here.
Are you sure?
That's what I did in college.
Graduated with honors from my state university with a BS in Chemistry.
Worth diddly squat though.
Over a year later, still jobless.

Edit: I see a lot of regret in this threat.
"Don't be fat."
"Go make friends."
"Ask her out."

What would I tell my teenage self?
Hm.
I guess I would just tell past-me to learn how to play guitar. So I could enjoy being a rock star now without practicing.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
Still being a virgin is not that big a deal.
Also, your parents can totally tell when you're stoned, you MORON. They grew up in the 60's, for crying out loud.

Hochmeister

Jun 2, 2011
Do not start playing video games, there are better things to do with your time and they really do rot your brain. Go do things instead of just sitting around the house reading books and playing with LEGOs. Also, never be afraid to interact with girls. Even if things go horribly wrong you'll gain social skills and probably not even remember them in 8 years. Oh, and ask your parents for "the talk" instead of trying to figure things out on your own...

bernardblack

Apr 24, 2012
I would travel back to freshman year of high school and tell myself the following things:

1. See that guy who sits by himself at lunch? The one you think looks interesting? Don't talk to him. Just don't. Because if you do, it'll take you years to get over everything that comes after the fact. And he's not worth it.

2. You do not know everything. You think you have it all down, but in a few years you're going to realize just how much you don't know.

3. Socialize more. Don't be so shy. Yeah people suck sometimes but it sucks even more not knowing people and being by yourself all the time.

4. High school is crap. Don't worry though, because college is much, much better.

5. Take up the guitar again. Keep playing. Don't just let it sit there.

Captcha: carpe diem

Yeah, that too. Don't sit around waiting for things to happen. Go out and do something.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
"College is harder than you expect, do NOT slack off. Also, just use dimension door in the last session of the second campaign, you'll know what I mean when it happens."