If you could have one game remade what would it be?

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Only remake something if graphics and voice acting are updated.

Then I'd choose the Thief series, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, FFVII, VIII, IX or Parasite Eve.

Damn, Squaresoft sure was good in PS1 days...

RavingLibDem

Dec 20, 2008
Master of Orion II - you can't run it on any current gen comps, whenever I try I can get it to run, start, and then it'll do like 3 turns before the graphics all go insane and if you don't save and quit immediately then it crashes :*(

Supraliminal

Jul 18, 2009
The Legend of Kage

They did it on DS, I know. But who plays DS?

The original has some great reviews:
http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/w20-09.htm

Oh, my bad.

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
Elderscrolls 2: daggerfall!! and I think the baladurs gate/icewind dale series could be cool with a graphics update!

Hitmann

Sep 15, 2009
I'm going to second the motions for C&C, Unreal and Half-life to be remade. These are among my favourite games, but:

C&C just to have the game mechanics & graphics updated whilst keeping the original tone and feel of the cutscene-driven storyline (the whole UN-style GDI vs the charismatic & enigmatic Brotherhood of Nod, the idea of an information-driven, PR-driven war setting in a contemporary military conflict)

Unreal - mainly graphics upgrades but also to flesh out the story a bit more. I appreciate the minimalism and simplicity of the original story, but they could have added a bit more spice to thingss.

Half-life - almost purely a graphical upgrade. A game that is still so awesome, sooooo far ahead of its time that modern games still haven't caught up with aspects of it. I'd like to see even more set-pieces, but the graphics you can implement today would just make some bits which are plain "excellent" into "pure awesome".

But if anyone ever lays a hand on Grim Fandango, they're going to pull back a stump (I, ftr, never had a problem with the control interface. But if you retooled that slightly and maybe updated a couple of the character models maybe I'd just give you a verbal spray instead of the whole hand-thing...)

My $0.02

Ohten

Apr 14, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
PlaneScape: Torment.
Also probably Baldur's Gate I/II.

I hear great things about all three games, but I never got to play them.
Oh, those were some good times.

saruto

Sep 20, 2009
It's been said, but Morrowind.
I loved that game - flaws and everything. It'd be nice for a graphics upgrade though.

DroppedMidget

Oct 9, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
PlaneScape: Torment.
Also probably Baldur's Gate I/II.

I hear great things about all three games, but I never got to play them.
Yeah, both Baldurs Gate titles are great, and their expansions. I really want to get my hands on Planescape but it's near impossible to find a copy of it.

OT: Thief: The dark project, as it would be fantastic on modern systems as it smacked of atmosphere back in 1998 and would only benefit with a sleek new engine, as long as all of the original charm and quality was preserved.

bigolbear

May 18, 2009
chaos engine. - cos it rocked and hasnt got a mention
or
xenon 2 megablast - but keep the old music... maybe rerecord but have the same tune.
or
swiv
i agree with a lot of the other posts too - morowind, planescape, xwing...

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
FF7. It could be epic if it is done right. Seconding Legacy of Kain series. The Dark Forces series was too epic to be allowed to die, remake that at least to Jedi Outcast quality.
Metroid 2 needs a revamp, but GBA is dying out so it would have to be for DS, and they'd make it needlessly gimmicky with the touchscreen.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
randomrob said:
Spyro. The. Purple. Dragon. As i have said repeadetley my favourite game ever.
Ha. Mine too. Because Spyro is pure awesome! Ahem. Anyway, you deserve a gold star.